Viewing 14 posts - 401 through 414 (of 414 total)
  • Explosions heard at Manchester Arena
  • Cougar

I’m not denying it, I just couldn’t be arsed doing the legwork. (-: Figured if you had it to hand…

gonzy
    Free Member

@ frankconway…do you have a link for this please? i had a look and couldnt find anything to corroborate that . from what i gathered they didnt find anything in his house hence why they have been making multiple raids all over Manchester on individuals who they suspect may have had links to him
    what i do know is that a close friend of mine has close contacts with Didsbury Mosque, which is the local mosque he is alleged to have frequented and the reports are that on at least 5 occasions he was reported to the authorities for his extremist views and actions by the mosque and other members of the community but noting was done as he was deemed to be low risk.

v8ninety

The Manchester suicide bomber may have built a second device which is now in the hands of fellow jihadists, police fear.

Officers who raided the home of Salman Abedi discovered a working bomb factory with a huge stash of explosive chemicals and other components. From the Telegraph; can’t cut and paste link because of that annoying ‘AMP’ thing that Google does with news sites now.

gonzy
    Free Member

just got an email and text alert from my kids’ primary school….they have increased the police presence there today (one unit armed as well apparently)

i just hope its as a precaution

Bregante

I’ve been engaged on the cordon in the city centre today and in 21 years I can say that we’ve never felt so appreciated by the people of Manchester. They’ve been fantastic and it makes me proud to be a Mancunian.

gonzy
    Free Member

and in other news….
    Katie Hopkins has been sacked by LBC Radio for her Twitter comments…can we now get her deported to some remote island in the middle of nowhere?

gonzy
    Free Member

the 22 victims…

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/05/23/victims-manchester-terror-attack/

thoughts and prayers to the ones they leave behind

zokes
    Free Member

Ariana Grande is coming back to do a charity gig to raise money for those affected. Good on her!

samunkim
    Free Member

Today, the world knows everything the moment it happens.

What the world will not see is the door at the top of the stairs. On the outside there will be a star and a picture. It will probably say ‘my room’.

Behind the door will be a bed, with cushions and a Teddy or two. There will be a pile of school books and a dressing table with make-up and hair brushes. A pile of scrunchies. In the wardrobe a school uniform squashed-in between the cami and the ripped jeans. A Bardo Bikini, ready for the holidays, the leggins and the crop-tops.

On the wall, photographs, selfies and an Ariana Grandi poster, signed with love and a kiss.

A single room, a time capsule. A symbol of a way of life. Family life. They way we are. The way we carry on.

The room will probably stay just as it is until someone finds the courage to redecorate or even move way. The family will have to carry on.

As this dreadful week draws to a close we are left with a question; ‘what do we do…’

Politicians with their penny-pinch-policies can’t keep us safe. The ambiguity of ‘staying vigilant’ wont keep us safe. Herds of journalists scampering after police cars wont keep us safe. US security leaks won’t keep us safe. Curtailing social media won’t keep us safe. The G7 won’t keep us safe.

Until someone figures out what will keep us safe and the tide changes… we will do what … we carry on.

roy.lilley@nhsmanagers.net

RustySpanner

Couple of things got me this week.

This made me laugh:

Details.

and despite being a cynical old fart, so did this:

Well worth watching it all.
    Blindfolded Muslim lad, Manchester.

CountZero

My nine year old asked me why terrorists care whether kids go to concerts or not.

I had no answer to give
    They care because in their twisted view of reality pop music, or any secular music, is the work of Satan, and thus evil and proscribed, it leads to overt displays of sexuality, particularly of females, and is part of why the West, or anywhere that doesn’t follow their ultra-strict medieval interpretation of the Q’ran, is inherently evil, and needs to be purged.
    It doesn’t matter one iota that they’re children, they’re Kufir who must be destroyed.
    That’s my understanding, anyway.
    I suppose the only way to try to explain is to say that some people just hate others who don’t believe what they believe, and want to destroy them, and such people have been around for as long as people have.

Klunk
    Free Member
    jekkyl

What’s happening with all the money? What do all the victims families need with many millions of pounds? People feel the need to give and I’m not saying it’s wrong but if someone gave me thousands because my daughter had been killed that night I don’t know if I’d want that money. How could I enjoy it knowing why I had received it. All I would want is my daughter back and not one penny could accomplish that. I’d probably give it away in her name to people who needed it more than I.

durhambiker
    Free Member

Having been into the city centre a couple of times this week, a couple of things have struck me.

Firstly, the police officers from all corners of the country have done their respective forces proud. The armed officers patrolling the city have all been happy to talk to very nervous looking children, give them hugs, pose for photos and generally make people more comfortable with their presence.

And secondly, St Anne’s Square has been full of people yet amazingly peaceful and quiet. A very touching place to spend a few minutes and reflect on things.

Viewing 14 posts - 401 through 414 (of 414 total)

The topic ‘Explosions heard at Manchester Arena’ is closed to new replies.