Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 414 total)
  • Explosions heard at Manchester Arena
  • v8ninety

Stay safe there; anyone local?

shermer75
    Free Member

Apparently Manchester Victoria station is blocked too

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-40007886

v8ninety

Hoping it’s just crowd panic from a malfunctioning show pyrotechnic. Stampede injuries and no deliberate intention to harm.

kimbers

fake pics circulating on twitter of injured people
    &
    trump fans tweeting #prayformanchester 🙄

shermer75
    Free Member

Looks like they are right next to each other

Map

Manchester Evening News website has a couple of tweets suggesting it was a gas filled balloon inside the arena that had burst?

bencooper
    Free Member

Number of confirmed fatalities according to the police. RIP.

v8ninety

Ah, ****. Police confirming ‘a number of fatalities’

Mackem

FFS.

shindiggy
    Free Member

Yes, police confirming fatalities. Surrounding area closed off too including rail network.

Stay safe folks- Taking my kids to KISS next week 😯

spekkie
    Free Member

mass panic by the looks of it.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Ffs it’s a gig that’s mainly attended by teenage kids. Not that it matters but it’s just so **** up to attack something like that!

CountZero

Reports only say that there was a loud bang or explosion, then people ran for the exits, seems likely most injuries and fatalities are due to panic, there doesn’t seem to be any explanation for the bang, or any signs of injuries as a direct result.
    Horrible situation to be in, terrible for the families of those caught up in it.
    😐

Mackem

Some reports suggest an explosion at an exit.

Cougar

“For all updates on the incident at Manchester Arena please follow @gmpolice on Twitter”

tewit
    Free Member

Just heard that my sister in law and her daughter are there. They’re full of cuts but have got back to the car ok thank goodness. 😯

Drac

Popped up on a friend’s Facebook before the media picked up in it. He couldn’t find his partner and reverted to social media in case friends had seen her. They’re safe but sadly not sounding good for others.

Cougar
    Cougar

Lost kids are being taken to the Holiday Inn across the way. Check there if you’re missing someone.

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

I’m a Piccadilly train driver, been helping people from Victoria get taxis home here.
    Lots of shock up people, and most of the concert goers seem to be young girls which is sickening.
    Armed machine gunned police all over Piccadilly.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a bomb. I wouldn’t think that people tend to be perfectly clothed but bleeding profusely if they been trampled on – shrapnel tends to do that though.

The booms of the two explosions sound eerily similar to the French stadium ones as well. Stay safe lads, I know there are lots of Mancs on here and Northerners in the emergency services.

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

All the people I spoke to said it was a bomb and others thought it was gun shots but a bomb seems most likely from the state of people.

chip
    Free Member

Claims of a nail bomb

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

Jesus

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Not good at all. Thoughts with all involved. Too close to home this one.

Cougar

Claims of a nail bomb

From whom, exactly?

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Manchester Arena ‘explosions’: Two loud bangs heard at MEN Arena from worldnews

Some people claiming that bag checks weren’t done.

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

Armed man outside Oldham hospital now apparantly? Hope that’s not true

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=456413698028735&id=100009803251519

…..yeah – somehow doubt it was a stampede Cougar.

chip
    Free Member

From whom, exactly?

Nhs workers apparently.

Cougar

Some people claiming that bag checks weren’t done.

Lots of people claiming lots of things, all conjecture as far as I can tell.

If it is a bomb, I very much doubt it would have been sneaked in in a handbag, when you can walk straight in off the street at the end of an event.

pondo

Whilst not wishing to express an opinion either way, I wouldn’t rush to Facebook as a source of information.

Cougar

Nhs workers apparently.

Source please?

wrightyson
    Free Member

Shit loads of speculation but virtually all of it pointing towards bombs and more than a couple of fatalities. Very very sad that people will do this to mainly innocent young kids.

v8ninety

I’m hearing up to 16 dead and 40+ injured.

chip
    Free Member

Lbc radio

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Witness on BBC saying he was thrown 30 foot by an explosion.

Cougar

…..yeah – somehow doubt it was a stampede Cougar.

No-one knows much at this point. I don’t doubt that your Facebook poster there got caught up in it, and that that must’ve been horrific and terrifying, but it clarifies nothing as to what actually happened.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

I get your point Cougar, but you don’t get thrown 30 foot by a stampede or a helium balloon.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 414 total)

The topic ‘Explosions heard at Manchester Arena’ is closed to new replies.