Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Exmoor Explorer entries now open
  • srrc
    Free Member

clicky

Same format as before, not a race, but a 25 or 35 mile enduro across Exmoor on the finest tracks. Wide open moorland down to singletrack close to the sea at Porlock, we’ve got it all.
    Ride fast, ride slow, we don’t care so long as you make full use of the tea stop!
    Sunday August 2nd Event. HQ at Wheddon Cross in the heart of Exmoor.
    Cheap weekend camping, pasta party on Saturday night, entries limited to 400.
    Fully marked route with maps and GPS published in advance.
    All monies raised are donated to local causes, including track maintenance.

timraven

Best event of the year, got my entry in already 😆

dropoff

Any ideas how two people can register if they only have one email addy ?

srrc
    Free Member

You’ll have to speak to our IT teccy, I can’t see why it should be a problem with our new all singing etc entry system.
    Use the contact form on the site, any probs PM me.

The extra 10 mile loop is a cracker, all new, in the woods and on the moor above Porlock, some very fine natural singletrack.

Steve

crispybacon
    Free Member

I’m in again for the forth year in a row. One of the finest events of the calendar on some of the best natural SW trails around.

Can you please arrange for some dry weather this year 🙂

dropoff

Hi Steve, emailed John and he’s sorted the single email thing thanks.

srrc
    Free Member

Thanks for the good words chaps. We do try to look after you all!
    Last year was the first wet one in 10 years, the biggest problem in the past has been those not prepared for heat!
    This year sees yet another brand new route, all marked now.

We are keen to encourage lady riders, as it’s not a race it’s very much an “unthreatening” type of event.
    Bring your family on the Saturday to the Wheddon Cross village fete, camp out, then ride the event on Sunday. The camping is very close to the centre of the village.
    It’s a tough ride, it is Exmoor after all, but it’s not silly. Decent preparation for a day ride will see you through.
    Enter early, enter often.
    Regards

Steve

dropoff

Hey, who said you could use all my favourite bits over Porlock way ? 🙂

srrc
    Free Member

Bet you don’t know these bits!
    Always keen to have other inputs into route research and selection, 2010 has the start/finish at Porlock so let’s have your suggestions.

dropoff

Rightyo 🙂 Looking forward to that one already. Are you going to take over Sparkhayes campsite, I’m sure Phil could be persuaded.

srrc
    Free Member

That’s probably the favourite, but that’s 2010, we have to get 2009 done first.
    Anyway, you wonderful folks at STW, tell all your friends and get entering.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Exmoor Explorer entries now open’ is closed to new replies.