Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • evans cycles..p@ssing up my back
  • santacruzkit
    Free Member

been looking at spending little ones inheritance and came across a santa cruz blur lt carbon,full build 2011 in the sale section at evans down from 4500 to 3700
    so anyway rings the number pays mi £50 deposit to get it delivered to local store to try for size etc.the bike turns up an to my suprise its nothing like the one advertised..ie rockshock revelations instead of fox 32 rl floats.xt running gear replacing the stated xo stuff.the formula brakes replaced with elixir stuff.carbon bars missing the list goes on.
    so asks quite helpful sales kid whos dealing with me in the shop whats going on an he says it must be some sort of error,and my best move is to call the internet sales number and sort it that end as there must be a mix up with the bike the warehouse sent.
    to cut a long story short they replied to me that its for sale at £3700 an not last years price of £4500 due to it having the downgraded equipment on it,not because its last years model????funny as ive still got the spec sheet saved on my laptop with all the good gear listed as a last years sale bike!
    the more i think about it,im guessing they were trying to pull a fast one on me,and id somehow get all carried away with the carbon frame and look past the equipment on the bike….. 👿
    so ive got my £50 deposit back and will look elsewhere at spending my cash.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Vote with your feet.

yossarian
    Free Member

Maybe invest ‘little ones inheritance’ as it’s not actually yours to spend?

santacruzkit
    Free Member

yossar….invest? what in todays economy in the uk! id ave been wiser in buying the above bike

Rosss
    Free Member

They gave you your deposit back and judging by the lack of ranting, hassle free. Maybe they just simply got it wrong and therefore refunded you. I’d consider that a honest mistake and wouldn’t be slating them on the internet.

santacruzkit
    Free Member

its a rant ross at not being shown the bike that i had placed an order for,with the intention of buying.

mike_p
    Free Member

Sounds very much like the Evans I know and don’t like very much. Seen this sort of thing before with them, seems quite deliberate

fourbanger
    Free Member

Can’t be arsed to read all that, but I gather it was slating Evans. For balance, just this afternoon, the yoot at Evans in Reading gave me a 10 and a 9 speed powerlink FOC. Top work!

muddyfunster
    Free Member

It’ll probably be **** all to do with evans and much more likely to be the fault of Jungle, who seem to enjoy just sticking any old tat they have lying around on to builds instead of the supposed “spec”.

But the average stw man doesn’t see, or can’t imagine this might be a possibility, he has a spec sheet. Computer says it has this….it must have this. Computer cannot lie!! it is computer. No human involvement shall be conceivable!

jameso

they were trying to pull a fast one on me / seems quite deliberate

Really? More likely to do with a warehose move and stock errors.

santacruzkit
    Free Member

to some of the posts above…id love to be a salesman at some of your doors
    selling sand to arabs comes to mind :mrgreen:

mudsux
    Free Member

evans cycles..p@ssing up my back front

there you go.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

I doubt it was deliberate.
    Just a data input or warehouse monkey **** up.
    Hey, you got your money back.
    Enjoy spending it somewhere else. 😀

brakes
    Free Member

no matter where the **** up was, he still got the bike he didn’t pay for… and who sold him the bike? Evans. AND acknowledging a **** up and giving the customer his money back doesn’t mean that the **** up disappears. There was still a **** up.
    Complaining on here is like weeing into the wind, some will always end up in your shoes.

mboy
    Free Member

I doubt it was deliberate.
    Just a data input or warehouse monkey **** up.
    Hey, you got your money back.
    Enjoy spending it somewhere else.

THIS

swright
    Free Member

Evans cycles are utter shit sometimes. I just try to avoid them from now on!

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Someone cocks up shocker!!!

GlitterGary
    Free Member

£3700.. for a pushbike?

tthew

up was, he still got the bike he didn’t pay for… and who sold him the bike? Evans. AND acknowledging a **** up and giving the customer his money back doesn’t mean that the **** up disappears. There was still a **** up.

He didn’t buy the bike, just paid for the store delivery. Everyone makes mistakes, too my mind if that mistake is rectified quickly, as it appears here that’s good customer service. (Evans have done OK by me in the past just for balance)

muggomagic

Evans can be pretty hit and miss, but you got your £50 back with no fuss.
    Is the bike overpriced with the spec that was actually on it? I don’t expect that the performance would be noticeably different. If you really were interested in buying the bike, you could have used the original spec sheet to try and get an extra 10% off.

bigad40
    Free Member

Money refunded. No harm done.
    If you want a Santa Cruz why not try one of the many SC dealers.
    Always laugh at people that want champagne service on beer prices.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘evans cycles..p@ssing up my back’ is closed to new replies.