Viewing 40 posts - 14,881 through 14,920 (of 77,140 total)
  • EU Referendum – are you in or out?
  • El-bent
    Free Member

And I’m sure that the joy of free movement of labour does little to comfort the family of Alice Gross, killed by Latvian Arnis Zalkalns, who was let into the UK despite being a convicted murderer.

See, two of us can play the heart wrenching tragedy game can’t we?

Ahem, Jo cox killed by a British national.

just5minutes
    Free Member

If he’d only been kept out of the UK, then a Latvian would’ve been killed instead, and that would have been MUCH better.

I think the point is that the authorities in Latvia knew he was a murderer so were more likely to keep tabs on him. The authorities here were not aware band even when he was questioned about an earlier child abduction here our police did not find the Latvian authorities forthcoming about his previous convictions – no information was shared despite the fact it existed and could have helped to prosecute him for the first offence here well before the second offence and subsequent murder.

El-bent
    Free Member

David “Reality deficit disorder” Davis is making a statement to the House of Commons at the moment.

He has just jeered at those who did not like result of first referendum and so want another go.

Just minutes after he announces an appeal…

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

And what a horrible little game it is.
    RIP, not a chance if points can be scored on STW. 😥

igm

Ninfan – surely that might to some extent have been addressed by closer ties and better cooperation with Latvia prior to his arrival?
    You are making a case for better integration for Latvians will still be able to come here even in the hardest Brexit (possibly not to work of course, but once you’ve murdered what’s a little abuse of a holiday visa?).

Not equivalent issues – though I accept without question the pain is equivalent to both families.

Northwind

ninfan – Member

I think only one person here thinks it’s a game tbh

kimbers

Alice Gross

Bravo ninfan, give yourself a big pat on the back

I have a lot more to say about that, but for civility’s sake I wont

aracer
    Free Member

Yes or no, nonfat?

aracer
    Free Member

Autocorrect, but I’ll leave it, I’m sure you know what I mean

molgrips
    Free Member

Doesn’t matter who gets killed, it’s always bad.

It also, crucially, does not matter WHERE the killer was from.

Nipper99
    Free Member

How dare these foreign killers come over here undercutting good English maniacs like the Yorkshire Ripper and Fred West.

jambalaya
    Free Member

so can we sue for jambafacts too?

You can bring a legal action for pretty much anything – there’s a downside of course if the case is found to be spurious.

Now there’s ironing.

🙂 yes I definitely waste far too much time here ! I put a few quid into Vote Leave and Fullfact and did my bit leafletting and doing street stalls, been part of Hacked Off for many years. Try and balance (too many) words with (some) action.

Nipper99
    Free Member

We know what Farage will be wearing tonight:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hereford-worcester-37897103

binners

David “Reality deficit disorder” Davis is making a statement to the House of Commons at the moment.

And once again managed to be speaking for an hour while saying absolutely nothing

Still no detail whatsoever

Still doing everything in their power to ensure they avoid any scrutiny or democratic oversight to whatever they’re cooking up.

If it wasn’t so potentially catastrophic it’d be comical!

But to be honest with you, the Labour parties response is so muddled and impotent I suppose they’ve just (correctly) assumed that they’re prepared to stick two fingers up to democratic accountability and just brazen it out, and they’ll get away with it.

I dread to think what unworkable cloud cuckoo-land nonsense they’re going to present us with at the end of March

jambalaya
    Free Member

I dread to think what unworkable cloud cuckoo-land nonsense they’re going to present us with at the end of March

They will present nothing at the end of March apart from an A50 vote/bill/letter
    Sometime before March 2019 we’ll hear what the deal is likely to be
    In March 2019 we will hear the final deal, or more likely an interim deal

All during this process we will get many many leaks from the EU side about how tough they are being

All parties can fight the 2020 GE on their International (inc EU) trade neogotiations position

mrlebowski
    Free Member

They will present nothing at the end of March apart from an A50 vote/bill/letter
    Sometime before March 2019 we’ll hear what the deal is likely to be
    In March 2019 we will hear the final deal, or more likely an interim deal

All during this process we will get many many leaks from the EU side about how tough they are being

All parties can fight the 2020 GE on their International (inc EU) trade neogotiations position

Yes….

& sometime between now & the Second Coming Brexit will actually happen…..in the meantime loads of folks are going to get screwed over & we are going to have to endure a nightmare period of politics lurching ever further to the right….

Still, it’ll all be worth it as “We’ve taken back CONTROL…..”

Except that it seems that the CONTROL we’ve taken back isn’t palatable as the checks & balances that are in the place are threatening to derail the Gov’s attempt to steam roller through a complete & utter dogs dinner of a divorce without any accountability – which, & lets be kind, they thought they could get away with…!!!!

AND BREATH…..
    👿

mrmo
    Free Member

killed by Latvian Arnis Zalkalns, who was let into the UK despite being a convicted murderer.

and what is going to happen to the EAW when we leave then? Back to the days of costa del crime? How long will it take to renegotiate all those treaties that are currently encompassed by being in the EU?

Edukator
    Free Member

Demand for university places by EU students drops 9%

Madame has agreed with her head that future linguistic trips will be to Dublin or Amsterdam rather than London/Brighton.

mrmo
    Free Member

Except that it seems that the CONTROL

You forget that there won’t actually be any control, we will negotiate treaties like TTIP, except as the UK is a FAR weaker party the US will write the agreement and the UK will be shafted.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@Edukator freedom of choice, if they want to pass up a 15% reduction in fees/accomodation and food they are welcome to.

igm

Andy – they probably don’t like the 41% increase in racism it comes with.

Edukator
    Free Member

Junior has a grant to go to university in France which more than covers his fees and goes some way to paying his living expenses. He’d have to pay full fees in the UK and wouldn’t get a grant. A 15% reduction (the decline in the pound I assume) isn’t going to influence choice much when it’s a 15% reduction for something that is already at least 14 000e more expensive.

What does influence choice is not knowing what will happen to students in the system during the Brexit and whether their qualifications will have equivalence after.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Andy – they probably don’t like the 41% increase in racism it comes with.

They are coming from France where Front Nationale are the most popular party (edit no critism of individuals here just a comment about the country vs the UK)

Edukator no I can get that, free versus not free. Students will be able to stay and finish their degree, not a shadow of doubt about that based on everything said. Here we don’t even kick out students who stay on after their degree when their visa has expired.

Edukator
    Free Member

Every opinion poll I’ve seen puts Alain Juppé at over 50% and Marine Le Pen around 25%

Juppé most popular presidential candiate.

cchris2lou

If the FN was the most popular party in France, they would have won the last elections ( Head of Regions) .
    They did NOT get 1 person elected. By now you should know that French vote for contestation at the first round of any elections.

jambalaya
    Free Member

FN had the largest vote then got eliminated by tactical voting during the run-off

Jupe may win the UMP nomination but it’s not clear at all is it ? Seems to be a body of opinion that says Sarko vs LePenn is a Sarko win but Jupe v LePenn goes to LePenn

aracer
    Free Member

France where Front Nationale are the most popular party

#jambafact

mefty
    Free Member

Junior could go to a top 50 university in the UK, something he can’t do in France.

Edukator
    Free Member

I think you should link something to support your “body of opinion” assertion, Jamba, I suspect the body is your own.

I’ve just seen the new Europe ecology de Verts candidate. He’ll probably get my vote in the first round (my “contestation” Chris 😉 ). After that it’s le/la moins pire.

aracer
    Free Member

Seems to be a body of opinion that says Sarko vs LePenn is a Sarko win but Jupe v LePenn goes to LePenn

Could you give me a link to a single opinion poll which puts Le Pen ahead of either of those in a straight fight (ie polling for potential second round). Because I can’t find a single one – Juppé would get a landslide if put up against her.

Edukator
    Free Member

Sciences Po is ranked 4th in Politics and International Studies by QS 2016 World University Rankings

Not many universities in the World better for what he wants to do, if any.

Edit:

1 Harvard
    2 Oxford
    3 LSE
    4 Sciences Po
    5 Cambridge

Seems like Sciences Po is in pretty good company. He’s specializing in German/French politics, I’d argue Sciences Po is the best place in the world for that given he’ll be at French and German universities.

cchris2lou

@mefty, freedom of movement is great.

anagallis_arvensis

Yay thank **** its almost over I’m voting Trump

mrmo
    Free Member

simple question, if the leave campaign is found guilty of lying what does this do to the result of the referendum???

mrmo
    Free Member

double post, f***ing cats!

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

simple question, if the leave campaign is found guilty of lying what does this do to the result of the referendum???

The leave voters believe that it’s real, so no change. They keep banging on about it and they’e done all the research to check. Ain’t going to happen.
    But it might.

cchris2lou

it doesn’t change it but people could be prosecuted .

GrahamS

Found guilty by who? They are not on trial and are/were not a single political party or group.

RichPenny
    Free Member

This is politics; all parties are presumed lying until proven to be truthful. In over 300 years of parliament this has happened once. There was a re-trial.

scotroutes

Edukator – Reformed Troll
    Junior has a grant to go to university in France which more than covers his fees and goes some way to paying his living expenses. He’d have to pay full fees in the UK

Not in Scotland

Viewing 40 posts - 14,881 through 14,920 (of 77,140 total)

The topic ‘EU Referendum – are you in or out?’ is closed to new replies.