Viewing 40 posts - 46,161 through 46,200 (of 77,140 total)
  • EU Referendum – are you in or out?
  • kimbers

Funnily enough even leave voters arent so keen when the costs of Brexit are laid out

(scroll to end for opinion poll)

Too high a price? The cost of Brexit – what the public thinks

mrmo
    Free Member

Well job interviews are already being smattered with the question “how did you vote in the referendum?” Whilst it’s not a question I really want to be brought up in an interview situation, it’s clear that the direction is that Business doesn’t want employees with limited outlooks and retarded vision.

Hmm, mind you any employer who googles my social media history would get a fairly idea of my position on this cluster****. Out of interest is this hearsay or do you have any more evidence that this is being asked. Not that i am surprised but the amount of fake news floating around.

hot_fiat

Much though I deride those that voted to leave, I don’t think its appropriate (or even allowed) to ask about your political leanings during a job interview. Even if the elitist arse within me is now thinking “what a wonderful way to differentiate the wheat from the chaff”.

mrmo
    Free Member

Much though I deride those that voted to leave, I don’t think its appropriate (or even allowed) to ask about your political leanings during a job interview.

But it would make a good question to understand a persons views. If a leave( or remain) voter can explain in an interview why they voted the way they did, it would give a good idea of there world view. Things like how much research they did, what factors they considered, how they feel the process has gone etc.

kerley
    Free Member

Even if the elitist arse within me is now thinking “what a wonderful way to differentiate the wheat from the chaff”.

It would be a great thing to do.  You could even ask them why they think it is a good idea to leave and weed out any future racism problems…

BruceWee

Oddly enough, I don’t see anything that says employers can’t ask about how you voted.  It’s strange since you’re not allowed to ask about any other personal information.

Unless, of course, Brexit is classed as a religious belief.  Then it’s covered.

hot_fiat

That is odd. Oh well. I know what’s going on the recruitment criteria for my evil empire then!

theotherjonv

I’m not sure if I’d be comfortable asking someone how they voted. I might however ask someone how they decided which way to vote.

binners

You wouldn’t need to ask directly. Could you fill in the questionnaire with the following questions…

Do you long for the golden days of the 1950’s?

is Winston Churchill the greatest human being who ever lived?

Brown people? There’s too many of them? Yes or no?

Nigel Farage? National hero or total ****?

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Isn’t telling your employer about your voting a bit …. Victorian?

Oh wait

binners

As Victorian as the hankering for a return to Empire. So rather fitting actually.

slowoldman

So, will this become the norm ? I think so as there’s nothing in any HR rule book that says the question can’t be asked.

I doubt there’s anything in the HR rule book which says you have to answer.

zippykona

A Red White and Blukrain Brexit.

We spend £500 billion to get rid of Eastern Europeans so that we can have Europeans from even further east.

http://www.thenational.scot/politics/16318574.gove-says-ukrainians-can-make-up-for-the-shortfall-of-eu-workers/

mrmo
    Free Member

Looks likes something is happening, conference bewtween Ireland and England coming up, and with the indications that the EU is ramping up preparations for no deal.

So have the grown ups taken control yet?

Cougar

Well job interviews are already being smattered with the question “how did you vote in the referendum?”

I think so as there’s nothing in any HR rule book that says the question can’t be asked.

I’d hazard that it’s potentially illegal.  You’re not allowed to ask about things like memberships or affiliations.  Political affiliations would surely fall into that category.

In any case, I’m not seeing any compelling reason to tell anyone how you voted, ever.  The whole point of a vote is that it’s done anonymously.

molgrips
    Free Member

Political affiliations would surely fall into that category.

It’s not an affiliation, Brexit isn’t a party issue.

welshfarmer

Ha, stick that in your pipe you Remainer Snowflakes…..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44649959

“Theresa May said the deal was “an enormous boost” for the UK economy.”

“The prime minister said the deal reflected the government’s strategy to “build on our close relationships with allies like Australia” as the UK prepares to leave the EU.”

Yippee.

But wait. Hang on a moment……

“The “Hunter class” ships, which are anti-submarine warfare frigates, will be built in Adelaide by government-owned ASC Shipbuilding, creating up to 4,000 jobs there, ”

While the overall budget is £20bn (35bn Australian dollars), only a part of that will come to BAE Systems for the design and build of the frigates.” (a figure of a few million is mentioned!)

Well at least that is something to be happy about….. isn’t it?

ahem

“As the frigates will be built in Australia, BAE’s shipyards on the Clyde in Glasgow are unlikely to see a significant boost to jobs.”

and….

“..this looks like a design which was heavily subsidised by the UK taxpayer, being sold overseas, and wholly to the benefit of BAE Systems. It appears that the UK taxpayer sees none of the direct payback or royalties from that investment.”

Is it me? Or is this classic SPIN?

molgrips
    Free Member

is this classic SPIN?

Did a politician say it?

mrmo
    Free Member

Did a politician say it?

Well it was leaked by the Australian, co-incidentally owned by News International….

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

Its not spin its complete bollocks…

Actually its a symptom of the fact that when it comes down to money and jobs those spending the cash make the decisions.

Passports

Frigates

Cars

Planes

There is a pattern or a prophecy depending on your views

El-bent
    Free Member

A Red White and Blukrain Brexit.

We spend £500 billion to get rid of Eastern Europeans so that we can have Europeans from even further east.

One of the main reasons for brexit after all. Remove those pesky EU citizens with their rights and protections while getting hard of thinking UK citizens to remove their own rights and protections at the same time, and continue immigration from further afield.

DrJ

I know someone who voted leave and now bitterly regrets it.

He’s presently got a decent, well-paid job at Jaguar Land Rover

Turkeys and christmas and all that…?

Fruit picking is “fun” according to the Telegraph so maybe he will be fine.

I know it makes me a bad person but I can’t help feeling a sense of satisfaction that the areas that will be most utterly screwed by Brexit are the areas that voted most enthusiastically for it.

AD

I have a lot of sympathy for that view DrJ – only problem is there are a lot of us in those areas that didn’t vote for Brexit! I live in West Cumbria… 🙂

zippykona

Coincidentally whenever brexit talks are on the pound drops.

Are there any shares that rise with the shit news?

I’m assuming American import companies and non Eu Mediterranean holiday companies must benefit.

Anyone know about this stuff?

Let’s follow our leaders examples and profit from the collapse of our country.

Pigface
    Free Member

Danny Dyer, who knew

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

Jobs, money, cheap credit non of these are important until there isn’t any…. the Brexiteers Mantra

binners

It comes to something when two people made statements about Brexit yesterday – the Prime Minister and Danny Dyer – and it turns out Danny Dyer’s view is by far the most coherent…

kelvin

Great clip, I need to see all of that now.

Pigface
    Free Member

Ed Balls rocking 😂

its to the final word, just spat out. Genius

binners

I think with the final word, and in its delivery, Danny Dyer can truly be credited with speaking for the nation

jolmes
    Free Member

Is it me or is she starting to look more and more like Mr Burns from The Simpsons

Leo Varadkar meeting Theresa May at the EU summit last night.

Coyote
    Free Member

Just seen the Danny Dyer clip. Never been a fan to be honest but in that 30 seconds or so he captures the feelings of a great many people perfectly. Complete contempt for Cameron and well deserved too!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

He voted leave.

jam-bo

He voted leave.

doesn’t make him wrong about cameron though.

Cougar

Source?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

On the job interview part I would suggest asking what the companies plans are if they are reliant on an international market or influences and how they are prepared. If they tell.you it will be amazing and awesome to get mojo back then walk away

kelvin

Source?

Does it matter if he voted Leave? Does that mean he can’t feel that we’re now in a shit position, and that it is politicians, not “the people” that got us here?

Polticans, including Corbyn sitting there looking uncomfortable, think that “the will of the people” chanting means that they won’t be blamed by voters for what we get as our replacement for EU membership. Many will just do a runner and count their money… but those staying in politics are in for a shock when things start falling into place.

kimbers

CaptainFlashheart

He voted leave.

Thats Bregret for you!

raybanwomble
    Free Member

Danny Dyer for PM? Like an inverse BoJo?

kimbers

to be fair Danny Dyer was brilliant in Plebs too

Viewing 40 posts - 46,161 through 46,200 (of 77,140 total)

The topic ‘EU Referendum – are you in or out?’ is closed to new replies.