Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Esquire Magazine, disturbing article?
  • franksinatra

Esquire wouldn’t be my first choice of mag but was given a gift subscription and useful to grab when off for a scooby doo.

Has anybody else read this month’s edition, and in particular, Giles Coren’s article, Dear Kitty? The first page of that article was in my opinion disturbing to the point of sickening. I too have very young daughters but I have never thought of a teenage boy licking yoghurt off their ‘sn**ch’

It takes quite a lot to shock me, but I thought it was very, very wrong.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Not read the article.

What was the gist of it? I need to know whether to be outraged or not.

franksinatra

The bulk of the article was great, he was talking about what sort of partner he would like his daughter to find when she grew up. The problem was in the way that it opened by talking about his new born daughter as a sexual object. He was speculating about what her bum and boobs would look like even inferred that he was sexually fascinated by her (not exact quote, don’t have the mag to hand just now)

It was odd, not really pedophilia, just very odd, and wrong

alpin
    Free Member

i am outraged.

MSP

I too am outraged, I am going to write a letter to the daily mail detailing the many levels of my outrage.

Major Forsdyke (retired)

DezB
    Free Member

I shocked

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I am only going to be outraged when TJ quotes Wikipedia at me and gives me FACTS to be outraged at.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

depends on the flavour of the yoghurt as to how wrong…

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

It does seem an odd way to talk about your own daughter I must admit. At the same time I can see how thoughts like that pass your mind.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

So it was all about his daughters possible future sex life?

So far I’m not outraged. But I guess it’s all in the way it’s written, sounds like it was deliberately provocative.

binners

I’m writing a letter to the both the press complaints commission, and God. But what to use? Green ink? Or my own blood?

franksinatra

depends on the flavour of the yoghurt as to how wrong…

excellent point.

Cougar

sounds like it was deliberately provocative.

In which case, it’d seem that it was also successful.

I too have very young daughters but I have never thought of a teenage boy licking yoghurt off their ‘sn**ch’

I’ve never thought of my parents doing such things either. There’s probably a healthy reason for this. However, that doesn’t imply that such things never happened (as my presence on this Earth would attest).

King-ocelot
    Free Member

I’m so outraged I would buy a copy just to see what I’m outraged about, but then if Esquire think they’re getting a penny of my money they can think again!

anokdale
    Free Member

I too am outraged, never had yoghurt to hand when i was a teenager.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I too have very young daughters but I have never thought of a teenage boy licking yoghurt off their ‘sn**ch’
    I’ve never thought of my parents doing such things either. There’s probably a healthy reason for this. However, that doesn’t imply that such things never happened (as my presence on this Earth would attest).

Are you saying that you think your mother became pregnant through your father licking yoghurt off her lady bits? Shall we club together and buy you a book with some simple diagrams? 😆

miketually
    Free Member

I should hope not too! You can’t pigeonhole them as hetrosexual.

chvck
    Free Member

I’m writing a letter to the both the press complaints commission, and God. But what to use? Green ink? Or my own blood?

Semen seems more apt in this instance

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Semen seems more apt in this instance

(tries to find a suitable smiley but fails)

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Are you sure there was not a more reasonable explaination and said teenage boy was just ensuring an even application:

http://www.yeastinfectionsigns.co.uk/using-yogurt-to-treat-thrush.php

Moses

If my daughter has yoghurt on her snitch, it’s because she’s been eating too fast again. And licking the bowl.

ourmaninthenorth

He was speculating about what her bum and boobs would look like even inferred that he was sexually fascinated by her

I’m outraged…

…that you don’t know the difference between “inferred” and “implied”.

Moses

He probably inferred that from a burgeoning semi.

Mine’s the trenchcoat in the corner.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Which yoghurt for this?

chipps

Seems the sensible discussion on the topic has ended. Time to move along…

Feel free to continue the chatter on Esquire’s Facebook page.
    http://www.facebook.com/Esquire

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Esquire Magazine, disturbing article?’ is closed to new replies.