• This topic has 10 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by gee.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Enduro six
  • Dasha
    Free Member

Good, tough course and thankfully the weather held out!

mAx_hEadSet

Can you repeat that for the benefit of those who were swamped out at Gorrick

jd-boy
    Free Member

Yep, its was cold and stayed DRY all day, the course was dusty in places. some riders were using Furious Fred tyres,

dot
    Free Member

results out yet?

richmars

Yes, just cleaned my bike after the Enduro 6, I had to wipe a bit of dust off the frame before putting it away!

coopersport1
    Free Member

Yep stayed dry, the Bonty Mud X I panicked and bought on Saturday didn't see the light of day. Bike didn't even need cleaning.

stumpy01

We were very lucky with the weather, although towards the end of the day I was getting pretty cold.

Good race, apart from two punctures on one lap. I think the first was a snakebite from the second double arrow descent with the roots on the left at the bottom – I think I paid the price for taking the more fun line over the roots.
    2nd puncture was a Hawthorne about 3/4" long. Didn't have a 2nd tube on me so had to stop every 5 mins to pump tyre up.

Good fun though.

coopersport1
    Free Member

Anyone found the results yet?
    The link from ProVelo Support just takes you to the Wiggle homepage unless I'm missing something?! (probably am)

MoggyMtb
    Free Member

As has already been said, dry but cold, specially when sat in pits. As one of the slower riders, was blown away by the speed of the elite boys. Apreciated the thanks from 95% of the riders that I moved over for. Great, friendly event but a bit of evening entertainment would be nice, maybe Singletrack could organise something for all their loyal readers lol. Well done Pat on another good Enduro 6

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Great event, great course, fuly rideable even some dust on the course, did it solo in elite and was 6th at 5 hrs 30 mins, not sure end result as I had to sit in a dark quite area after that race as i was a tad fatigued.

Thanks for the great organisation and the help from other riders moving out of the way.

As I said reckon that effort has took 6 months of my life, feel grim as **** today, not use to battering it for 6 hrs just 3 hrs. 😆

gee
    Free Member

It was a great event – got 3rd in male pairs. Furious Freds on both bikes, 26 and 29er.

Interestingly, as the two of us are very evenly matched, there was no difference in lap times between the 2 bikes – our last 8 laps were all 26mins and a few secs. I guess 29ers might be faster on a rougher lap though.

GB

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Enduro six’ is closed to new replies.