Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Enduro Downhill / Gravity Endurance Calendar?
  • Kitz_Chris
    Free Member

Anyone found a calendar covering the Gravity Endurance (or whatever term you want to give it) scene.

I’m looking at a more international basis rather than just the UK scene. Seems like more of these events are popping up, but its hard to find info on them ahead of time.

I’ve heard of the ‘Superenduro’ series in Italy, anything else like that out there?

crankbreaker

There’s always the Avalanche cup including the Megavalanche in Alpe d’Huez, they do a stage race the week before too. Or just down the road in Les Deux Alpes is the Mountain of Hell, supposed to be even crazier!

ash

French Enduro Series 2012 dates will appear HERE, but not for quite a while.

Trans-Provence 2012 is 22/09/2012 – 30/09/2012

ianv
    Free Member

tribe sports group do a series of enduro (les gets, Val d’allos, and another one I cant remember, maybe Orcieres) and all mountain races. Their web site has no dates for next year yet.

There is also a race in montgenevre again no dates yet.

Northwind

Northwind approves of this.

I don’t know of any calendar and I’m clueless about international events but some for your list are:

Innerleithen Night and Day Enduro (one of an ongoing run of one-off enduro events)- 19th November 2011.

No Fuss/ Hope Endurance Downhill, Fort William- 28th July 2012.

661 Gravity Enduro:

661 Gravity Enduro Series dates announced for 2012

ash

When I said “HERE”, I of course meant HERE 😉

ash

Here’s another new event/format:

http://twitter.com/Alpshred

Not many details yet…

ianv
    Free Member

http://abo34.free.fr/index.php?post/2010/11/23/Calendrier-2011-des-enduros-et-DH-Marathon

Found this, its got a pretty french focus and the dates are for 2011 but hopefully it will get updated for next year

grum
    Free Member

There’s always the Avalanche cup including the Megavalanche in Alpe d’Huez

Yeah they do the MaxiAvalanche events too. I did some biking in Vallnord where one of the stages is held and I reckon it would be a pretty fun place to race. For me the length is a bit better than the Mega which is so long that it’s very hard (for me) to try and keep up a good pace all the way – I sort of enjoyed the qualifier more. Still ace fun though.

Kitz_Chris
    Free Member

Thanks everyone – some interesting races out there, it looks like its growing every year. I love the fact that this category isn’t “standardised” like XC and DH – every race has its own format and its own rules, I hope that doesn’t get killed by the UCI.

Everything seems to be in France though – are there any events in Canada/USA that are similar?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Enduro Downhill / Gravity Endurance Calendar?’ is closed to new replies.