Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Endura clothing – again
  • topangarider
    Free Member

Just got my singletrack shorts out of the wash – found the stitiching worn away between the legs and a hole at one of the seams on the rear-stretchy panel bit.

Had these about 18 months after they replaced the original pair.

Should I be annoyed? They’ve not seen that much action and everywhere else are like new. I have a pair of 6 yr old pair of North Face walking shorts that have seen far more cycling action and are in much better condition.

Their customer service might be good, but I’d rather not have to find out. I’ve previously had to return within a few months of use;
    2 x 6 panel short (padding stitiching undone)
    1 x Singletrack short (seam failure)
    1 x Singletrack trouser (seam failure)
    2 x Cirrus jersey (pocket seam failure)

All have been replaced hassle free (apart from postage costs and the ‘experience’ at our local PO!), but I’d rather just have decent clothing.

Their email alsways make out my issue is an isolated incident – comments on here make me think otherwise!

Endura boycott underway.

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

i’ve never had a problem with any of their clothing. Its always the brand i look for first.

topangarider
    Free Member

Do you work for them?!

I was in 18 bikes last week and just didn’t feel like I wanted any of their clothing as I felt it would just lead to failure. It also kinda annoyed me that there was little else on offer and this seems to be the case with many shops – just Endura.

It is also some of the dullest clothing – they need some new designers and introducing to a colour palet I think!

boxfish
    Free Member

I stopped buying Endura baggies a few years ago. They just don’t seem to be as robustly made as they used to be.

Clink

My gloves failed at the seam – not had any issues with other gloves.

samuri
    Free Member

My endura singletrack shorts get worn all the time and they still look new.
    The other endura ones, the heavier cloth (humvees or something), like canvas, they’re still going strong after 2 years although the waist straps look a little frayed. I think they’re awesome!

craig_w
    Free Member

My singletrack shorts had the seam go on the left side of the crotch and then the right. After each time I got it repaired locally and now they are spot on!

So thumbs up for the shorts, thumbs down for quality of seams.

Craig

Frodo

Had my Endura baggies for ….5 years. Had to sew up the crotch that went but still going strong. They were bought in the good old days though!

bigjim

Endura humvees are seemingly indestructible for me!

rocketman
    Free Member

Have somehow (and unintentionally because I don’t go looking for the brand) acquired quite a bit of Endura over the years, mainly baggies but also base layers and jerseys. Apart from the seemingly random sizing it all gets the ultimate compliment because it’s unobtrusive and just gets on with it in an XT-kindof way.

Top marks to Endura’s merino base layers I don’t think I’ve worn any item of clothing so much I just rinse them out in the shower and they’re good to go. Same for the Humvee/Zyme baggies absolutely crash-tastic.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Tops have been good, my convert jacket is great and robust but shorts not so much, two pairs gone in the crotch in under a year….

takisawa2

The Singletrack’s I looked at didnt seem as robust as the Humvee’s I have. And they are very comy. I’ll often wear them off the bike as they are so comfy. I dont use padded liners of any sort though, not sure if that makes a difference…

easygirl

Pair of gloves went at the seam
    Single track baggies x 2 worn for 3 years no problems at all

_tom_
    Free Member

My Zymes were really good at resisting rips etc, but the popper was useless. Wish they’d make them with proper buttons.

topangarider
    Free Member

Just had my Singletrack shorts returned. They sewed one of the holes up, left the one in the rear panel seam, and also the other un-stitched bit between the legs.

Seems their customer service has taken a dive too now. Really peed off.

FuzzyWuzzy

Yeah winds me up that all a lot of shops stock is Endura kit, it’s not bad per se (certainly better than Altura) but it’s just not very innovative, especially given the pricing of the higher end ranges they do.

Harry_the_Spider

My Humvees eventually let go at the seems after many years of abuse. I can’t complain as I’ve worn them on every off road ride in the last 3 or more years.

I sewed them back together.

I will buy some more when these finally die, but with the intervention of a needle and thread this may be some time off.

I agree with the popper thing. I’ve got another pair that don’t have a belt or belt loops and they are constantly coming undone.

andytherocketeer

i’ve never had a problem with any of their clothing.

same here.
    except for the letters they use for sizing. Endura insists I am XXL instead of XL. Maybe it’s a covert ploy to make people feel guilty that they’re a little bit podgier than they really ought to be?

Diawl
    Free Member

Some of the above comments remind me of Trigger’s brush. I had a pair of Singletracks which fell apart after very little use when the seam failed from the crotch. I’d be very wary of buying anything from them again. As the OP says, why give yourself the hassle? They should be made tough enough for their intended use in the first place. The Altura Summits that replaced them have lasted ages.

flatfish
    Free Member

Had bad customer service the two times I’ve had an issue, both products were less than two months old.
    I looked at a gilet a few days ago and walked away because it was Endura.
    I’ll look elsewhere, as will the wife.

neninja
    Free Member

Endura MT500 Baggies are utter poop. Had a seam go and the waterproof material delaminate after only a couple of months use – it took Endura 2 months to replace them.
    The sizing on the replacement pair was completely different. They also seemed to have changed the supposedly waterproof material on the seat panels. This time they didn’t delaminate but instead soak up water like a sponge.

My Hummvee baggies are better but the popper is totally inadequate.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Going back a couple of years I bought some MT500 baggies from Skyline cycles at Afan, I put them on and had a wet gritty ride around the Skyline trail, I absolutely trashed them in one ride, the stitching through the crotch and both legs came apart.

Took them home washed them and sent them back for a refund, that was the umpteenth and last time I put up with any Endura guff.

gonzy
    Free Member

i’ve got the same shorts but i’ve never had the same problem. i’ve also got 2 pairs of winter riding gloves, i’ve never had a problem with. i’ve got quite a few riding tops and base layers which have been really good as well. i did have a problem with the mt500 shorts in that the reflective decals came off the first time i washed them, but this might have been due to washing them at too high a temperature. i have an endura jacket i’ve abused for 10 years and it is still going strong althouogh the elastic cord did snap once but they repaired it without any hassle when it happened.
    back to shorts though if you’re not happy with you endura shorts i would recommend oakley baggies as i’ve had a pair for about 9 years and no matter how much abuse they take they are still going strong…although some of their latest designs seem a little odd…then again that could be the reason why my enduras have lasted so long…cos i prefer to wear the oakleys!!

topangarider
    Free Member

I’m just gonna do a repair myself. What also winds me up is that I’ve a pair of North Face walking shorts that I’ve had for about 8 years that have seen more riding than the singletrack shorts, I’ve run in them, climbed in them – allsorts. They are in great condition compared the Enduras.

Think I might just bin baggies and stick to my Lusso bibshorts. Great things they are. If I put people of their pub lunches – so be it!

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Love my endura stuff, had loads of kit from them. Only issue was a pair of their superlite shorts that the seam went pop on (VERY gritty and wet riding through the winter (2nd winter btw) – replaced FOC in 3 days

enfht
    Free Member

Humvee shorts – stitching coming undone after 4 weeks

Endura are not endurable

I’ll avoid next time and buy something else which is fit for purpose

cupra
    Free Member

fuzzywuzzy – I am in the minority as I love altura kit and have only ever had one issue in 5+ years of using altura, some stitching started to come away on a pair of trousers but they were replaced no questions asked, whereas endura….

Andituk
    Free Member

I’ve got loads of Endura kit, trousers, shorts, liner shorts, base layers and jacket, and apart from a ripped seam in the bum of some Humvee trousers, have had no problems. Always look at their kit expecting it to be good quality.

My MT500 jacket is one of the best things I’ve ever bought, love it.

mark_b
    Free Member

I’ve got Endura jerseys that i realised the other day are now well over 10 years old and still going strong.

Also have a pair of Zymes that are lasting well. When the popper gave up i just sewed on a couple of hooks and eyelets to hold them together.

Duggan

I have a pair of Endura waterproof shorts (no idea what sort) which within 12months have now lost both pockets cause the stitching came undone and have a massive rip at the back (not done by me falling off etc)…I assumed it was because I actually wear them every time I ride rather than just when it’s wet, but still, 12 months seems poor 😕

StefMcDef
    Free Member

My gloves failed at the seam – not had any issues with other gloves.

x2

After about half a dozen rides, too. Also, baa-baa Merino top full of holes all over the back – in places where it couldn’t have been ripped by brambles etc – after not very much wear at all.

I used to be a big Endura fan – and the stuff I bought years back is still mostly going strong, but the last few things I’ve bought from them have all turned out to be crap, one way or the other.

topangarider
    Free Member

Pattern here;

1) old Endura stuff is better than newer stuff.
    2) The seams in Endura clothing are rubbish.

Funny that – they told me they have hardly any returns through failed seams and said it’s unusual the same fault occurs twice. Why don’t they just admit it and do something about it. This makes me not want to use them even more.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Theres nothing I can add here other than another ‘yes, nearly all my endura kit as failed at the stitching, or worn through in record time’.

I’ve tried hard to like Endura kit – it seems well thought out, with clear attention to detail and the needs of mtbers, but it just fails too often. Recently, a paid repair was handled pretty poorly too. I made the decision after that to deliberately cut Endura out of my purchasing choices.

ransos
    Free Member

I’ve had the seams go on Endura shorts and waterproof trousers.

footflaps

Their lycra shorts are excellent – always bought them and they last for 1000s of miles in the saddle. Don’t own any baggy kit, so can’t comment on that.

MrSynthpop
    Free Member

I’ve had decent luck with my endura stuff, three years out of hummvee 3/4s and they are worn but in good nick, 2 year old singletrack shorts in good condition and a pair of four y/o mt500 baggy shorts that look a tad worn but are still wearable.

The fingerless gloves were awful however, failed at multiple seams, i just stitched them back up but they were pretty poor.

doug_basqueMTB.com

It’s funny everyone’s different experiences. I’ve only ever used their shorts, I’ve got a pair of burners, singletracks and humvees (I think), and have found them good. I hate the buckles at the side for tighening, they’re fiddly and always come undone but the stitching and general durability I’ve found really good. It’s not like I do small miles either. The undershorts I bought recently are fantastic but the coolmax boxers were pretty rubbish. The only other compaint I have is that the newer burners I’ve bought had attached liners which wasn’t clear from the description; that’s no use for me ‘cos shorts get a few uses between washes and liners need washed every day.

crazy-legs

I’ve got quite a bit of Endura kit: eVent jacket, couple of pairs of shorts (MT500 and Singletrack), LS jersey (the FS260 – brilliant) and their FS260 Pro bib shorts (also brilliant).

There have been a few issues with weird sizing over the years (I could never get a Stealth jacket to fit but the Windchill softshell jacket I bought recently could have been custom made for me). Strange. Only problem I ever had was one of the adjustable cuffs falling off the eVent which I was less than impressed about and it took a good 4-5 weeks to get it repaired. Other than that, their stuff is spot on, one of the brands I’ll consider first.

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘Endura clothing – again’ is closed to new replies.