Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Endomondo STW challenge group. anyone interested?
  • MicArms

as the above post, anyone up for a Endomondo STW group challenge?
    ( For luddites , GPS tracking work out thingy)
    Could do it for either a monthly / yearly thang for most( off road) miles covered. Also would be a handy resource for not so local riding routes.

Have already set up a group called STW on there if you want to search for it. I would post a link up , however, the gym PC doesn't allow cutting and pasting.

oldgit
    Free Member

Wouldn't mind, though my app always seems to shut off for one reason or another.

oldgit
    Free Member

Though thinking about it I'm not doing much off road at the mo. Add that to my inability to run the app (look at my stunning 0.01mile Ridgeway route)and you'll see I wont offer much of a challenge!

rOcKeTdOg

doesn't Endomondo make a map of your route showing where you start and finish (and potentially where you keep your bikes)available to the public?

e.g. from your facebook links Mick i can see exactly where you live

Saintly
    Free Member

Just added to the group. I have found endomondo to be a cracking motivational tool, lost a bit of focus last week but will be back on it as of today.

Saintly
    Free Member

I keep my routes marked as private, only friends on Endomondo and Facebook can see them, I hope!!

MicArms

cheers RD, just deleted the ones off FB showing my house… latest version of Endomondo now gives a 30 second countdown option before it starts recording..

oldgit
    Free Member

We gotta get that av up 😀

And how on earth do I stop my app from cutting out when someone calls me?

trail_rat
    Free Member

can i put it on my e71 ?

joemarshall
    Free Member

I've joined it, although I'm not sure how much off road I'll be doing in the near future, what with the baby just turned up. We should have a commuter / using the bike for practical transport challenge too – I'm still getting 90+ miles a week of commuting logged.

On the privacy thing, I'm not that fussed about people knowing where I keep my bikes. They aren't fancy bikes, they are kept securish & insured, and it'd be an absolute pain to burgle our house due to the way the terrace is laid out. To be honest, a bit of googling would find my address anyway – I've run events based there a few times.

Joe

headfirst
    Free Member

Errr….stupid question….. I pay for my internet usage on my mobile (max£1 a day). When I'm using the GPS will I also be using t'internet for endomondo and Nokia maps satnav? I use the satnav a few times a month and I've got the endomondo app but haven't used it yet.
    Ta.

MicArms

Trail rat, if you check on the endomondo website, it'll tell you if the phone is compatable on the download mobile app page… The Nokia E71 is by the way.

Headfirst,
    you decide how the phone tracks the route with GPS..I do the route and then upload the route manually on wifi when back at the house.. You can do live tracking with internet set to 'on'.

If anyone is interested…

STW June challenge

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Endomondo STW challenge group. anyone interested?’ is closed to new replies.