Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • Elfin: Privileged or Right?
  • MrWoppit
    Free Member

I’m a much nicer person too.

slimjim78
    Free Member

why is everyone so (negatively) obsessed with class?

live and let live, do unto others et al.

Imabigkidnow
    Free Member

Only those who don’t have it would say something like that 😉

robdob
    Free Member

No MungBean;

There have been times on here when people have reached out to others who have called out for help. Total stangers, ships that pass in the night and that.

But if you don’t have the strength, the confidence to ask for help in the first place, then you may never meet that stranger.

Which is why it’s important to be welcoming and non-threatening. Make people feel comfortable,.

Right now, there are people suffering immeasurable pain. And maybe what they need, what might make a difference, is someone to just communicate with.

But how much more difficult is that, if people are hostile and nasty? What if, right, there was someone who you cooduv helped, but they felt too intimidated, to scared to approach you? It’s up to you to become a more nicer person that others feel safe and secure with.

So, help make it a nicer, safe, welcoming environment.

Blimey Elf, that’s amazing [applause]

To everyone else, I have the pleasure of knowing Elf, and he’s a real diamond. He’s actually one of those secret millionaire folk…… 🙂

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

You know, i think you are right, but not in financial terms, instead in generosity of spirit

Junkyard
    Free Member

Not sure obsessed is the correct word but Britain is not classless or free
    Being born in to the upper class confers many advantages over being born into the lower classes. This is unfair and I canno tlive an dlet live on this issue as it is an anachronistic injustice that has nothing to do with talent nor is it merited

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

There have been times on here when people have reached out to others who have called out for help. Total stangers, ships that pass in the night and that.

But if you don’t have the strength, the confidence to ask for help in the first place, then you may never meet that stranger.

Which is why it’s important to be welcoming and non-threatening. Make people feel comfortable,.

Right now, there are people suffering immeasurable pain. And maybe what they need, what might make a difference, is someone to just communicate with.

But how much more difficult is that, if people are hostile and nasty? What if, right, there was someone who you cooduv helped, but they felt too intimidated, to scared to approach you? It’s up to you to become a more nicer person that others feel safe and secure with.

So, help make it a nicer, safe, welcoming environment.

Probably the best thing you’ve written on here Fred.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I had the pleasure of sharing an hour or so sipping Leffe in a pleasant little public house in Kensington last evening and can vouch that he is a true rough diamond, salt of the earth and as London born an common as the plague.

You could tell it was a rough neighbourhood as we were stood on the street drinking (behind the red roped off area, obviously) and as one of the local oiks (I believe that is the correct vernacular) pressed the remote open on the gates you could clearly see he was driving his own car. I ask you, a stretched Audi A8 without a chauffeur! I know it is London but how is such poverty allowed to continue in this noble land.

yunki
    Free Member

common as the plague.

I shall be plagiarising this as often as is possible.. 😆

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

yeah, it is quite catching

slimjim78
    Free Member

Not sure obsessed is the correct word but Britain is not classless or free
    Being born in to the upper class confers many advantages over being born into the lower classes. This is unfair and I canno tlive an dlet live on this issue as it is an anachronistic injustice that has nothing to do with talent nor is it merited

Every other thread on here is having a bash at the ‘upper class’.

I hate the ‘being born into money brings advantages’ argument.
    So frickin what?
    This is still a free country and we are still immensly lucky to have been born here than many many other places in the world.
    We all have the chance to achieve great things, every single one of us is offered education and oportunities, and indeed many of my friends from low income families and schools for the naughty kids were offered many more opportunities to improve their skills.
    If you have a modicum of get up and go and a drive to succeed then you can do great things with your life in Britain (granted – it wont be easy!) , or you could choose to sit around slating people born with a silver spoon in thier mouths.

trailmonkey

you are maggie thatcher and i claim my free bottle of milk

slimjim78
    Free Member

sorry, Bliar took that away.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Or is he a smurf?

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

slimjim78 – Member
    sorry, Bliar took that away.

POSTED 21 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

Eeeeh! It’s this shocking lack of historical knowledge which resulted in the Tories getting back in.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Smurf?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

thats the chappie

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

TJ – Come to the BBB next year and I will introduce you to the fella. I won’t tell you it is him when you first meet but see how many seconds before you work it out. Ask Ton, Cynic-al etc. Elfinsafety is a nice bloke. High maintenance but everyone should have an Elfin in their friendship circle.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

WCA – I’m taking the piss. I know elfin on line and via email fairly well and would consider him a friend.

TooTall
    Free Member

At least his current medication seems to be working – despite his inability to see his own faults of recent months/years/personas. Still – he seems to be developing quite the in crowd these days – fawning isn’t strong enough a word.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Yes, you can often judge a man by the company he keeps.

High maintenance but everyone should have an Elfin in their friendship circle.

And they should also avoid blokes who call their mates a friendship circle

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

🙂

Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘Elfin: Privileged or Right?’ is closed to new replies.