Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Eh? Top pull cable fixing to SLX front mech query
  • Chazzle
    Free Member

Finishing off the bike build (On One 456), which seems to have gone pretty well considering, but I’m not totally convinced by the way that the cable to the SLX front mech is fitted. Basically the cable goes from the top tube, through the lug on the down tube and, rather than following the down tube down, the cable skews off at quite an angle to the fixing point on the front mech (the allen key bolt). I can’t see, but is there some other way that it should be fitted (e.g. round some sort of pulley wheel, etc.) or does the cable go directly to the fixing point?

By the way, have taken it out on it’s maiden voyage to work this morning and it’s lurvely. Will get some pictures up later – as if you lot aren’t sick of seeing yet more images of On Ones!

Ta

wwaswas

I’ve had this with a deore one on my inbred – looks like it’ll end up sawign through the cable stop doesn’t it.

been like it for 3 years now with no ill effects, now but it does look a bit odd.

jfeb
    Free Member

My Scandal is the same. Initially I thought it looked odd but it seems to work fine (LX front mech)

Chazzle
    Free Member

Cheers for the comments. It’s reassuring that I haven’t been a total muppet and end up trashing components. Still looks odd, though!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Eh? Top pull cable fixing to SLX front mech query’ is closed to new replies.