Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Edinburgh urban singletrack
  • pixelmix
    Free Member

I'm sure I recall talk on here a while back about a wee map of short sections of singletrack around Edinburgh.

Since the evenings should be light enough next month, thinking I should liven up my evening rides (I only do 6 miles or so a couple of nights a week as I get home too late to get up to the Pentlands). Some short sections of singletrack to liven up my otherwise dull cycle path / road rides on the hardtail would be appreciated.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I was muttering about organising a map – dunno if anyone else was. I know a few bits mainly around north Edinburgh. Email me if you want. Corstorphine hill of course plus a series of other short sections

pixelmix
    Free Member

It might have been your comments I was thinking, cheers TJ. I live in Trinity at the moment, so will drop you an email.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Some stuff in the woods around Craigmillar Castle and a good descent from there to the back of the NRI.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Ah – I don't know that one. I have had a look around there years ago.

We need a google earth overlay like Druidh did for the pentlands.

pixelmix
    Free Member

Anyone fancy a team effort? Not sure I have much to contribute, but happy to chip in!

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I use to live near Danderhall and would ride round that way in the evenings, the descent near the hospitaL is a sort of wide whin dust job with steps every so often. Treat the steps like drop offs and ride it flat out and its good fun though, probably handy its near A and E.

druidh
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member
    Ah – I don't know that one. I have had a look around there years ago.

We need a google earth overlay like Druidh did for the pentlands.

My advice? Don't do it. There are some trails in the Pentlands I wish I hadn't publicised so much (e.g. Nail Trail). That's why my GE overlay is now emailed directly and not up on the web.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Its not the same Druidh – nothing I know of that can be damaged

You have an e mail from me BTW

druidh
    Free Member

Cheers TJ – I'll get onto it.

stanfree
    Free Member

Druidh , I finally found the nail trail with the use pof your map . Thanks again. There was a few wee bits at the back of the Fort Kinaird / Jack Kane centre. Its an old coal bing so kinda manky but you could incorporate that. Plenty out east lothian way where you can easily do 15 -20 miles without hardly touching roads.

jimmy

13thfloormonk had some good stuff in the South of the city

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Edinburgh urban singletrack’ is closed to new replies.