Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Edinburgh Fringe
  • domino

Any one seen anything good at the fringe yet? Looking for something to see this weekend. My friend has left me in charge of booking something while she is in Denmark but she is usually the one with the local knowledge. Last year we saw La Clique and that was really good.

uplink
    Free Member
    anagallis_arvensis

I saw a preview of the Interminable suicide of Gregory Church by Daniel Kitson in London a few weeks ago, its on at the Traverse and is utterly brilliant, belly laugh funny, uplifting and very sad at the same time. My partner Cassie is in The Doubtful guest also at the Traverse havent seen it but I'm sure cassie will be brilliant!!

hels
    Free Member

99 % of the Fringe is utter rubbish, just accept it.

I have heard that The A-Team, The Musical is worth a look. But if it is that good will be sold out by now.

domino

hels – yes, totally. I saw something in the tinyiest theatre a couple of years ago and had to endure an excruciating comedy performance that very few laughed at. The theatre was so small nobody dared walk out.

About to look up your sugesstions a_a

Smee
    Free Member

hels – that would be a ver conservative estimate of how much of the fringe is shite.

As my job involves driving round edinburgh, I hate the festival with a passion. My income takes a hit as i have to leave longer between lessons.

anagallis_arvensis

just out of curiosity TZF how many fringe shows have you been to?

Smee
    Free Member

a_a – an absolute shed load. I worked on George Street in Edinburgh for 3 years and we went to a show most nights.

anagallis_arvensis

even though most were shit? what odd behaviour. Dont get me wrong there is a load of shite but also some exceptional stuff and its not too hard to read the reviews and find out which is which.

jimmy

Lewis Barlow – close-up magician. 16th – 30th at Carlton Hotel, North Bridge. Blatant plug, but if you like magic stuff then worth a visit. But if you don't like it, the ticket lady might kill you…

Smee
    Free Member

a_a – the festival isn't about going to see great shows, its about going to see shit shows and heckling and having a great time with your mates.

anagallis_arvensis

Depends if you just go for the comedy really.

anagallis_arvensis

on a comedy note is Stewart Lee on he's very good

kevonakona
    Free Member

Going to see "Silence of the Trams" tonight seen them a couple of times quite to very funny. Got a couple of big namers lined up for next week. But that's it. Festival time just means it takes longer for me to get out of town to get on me bike.

Made a point of trying to see lots of stuff last year but most of it was sh1t, Even saw a well known face who's daughter was in something and she admitted it was sh1t.

andybach
    Free Member

Adam Hills was great on Sunday. The Peter Duncan show is also good fun.
    The whole point of the fringe is to take chances, grab a flier and you might get a pleasant surprise. There are also plenty of free shows to and 2 for 1 offers.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Edinburgh Fringe’ is closed to new replies.