Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • ebay car purchase – advice (ending soon)
  • dave_rudabar
    Free Member

Just seen a car for sale locally. For anyone who’s still online, wotcha reckon – worth a punt?!
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/230617801581

If it weren’t pishing down here i’d tab over there to check it out – it’ll be parked out on the main road, think he has a little sideline selling cars.
    12month’s MOT – can’t be too bad?

Raindog
    Free Member

Do more research, and buy with due dilligence. It may be a good one or it may be a shed, but you need more information.

Bregante

£1600. Worth getting wet for in my book.

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

Aye, seemed a good deal til I checked the photos properly – has a dent in the rear nearside! doh!

Carry on, nothing to see here… 😀
    If it’s not sold by the morning then i’ve got an excuse to go for a jog early on. 🙂

Waderider
    Free Member

Private purchased cars – cheaper, no warranty.
    Trade purchased cars – more expensive, theoretically you benefit from professional knowledge, and get enhanced consumer rights.

What are you getting here? How does the price measure up private versus trade? Consumer rights when a car is bought from a trader are often more protective than a given warranty. How does a trader know if a trade in has been abused or not? What does it imply if the seller states no warranty?

I would never buy a car from someone playing at being a trader, shaky ground.

Suggsey
    Free Member

I can see some colour non match on the rear bumper too as well as that expensive devaluing rust froming big dent.
    Rest of it looks nice on the face of it however any car I would have to check thoroughly all over inside, outside and underneath. There are alot of nice looking performance cars out there now that fuel prices are going ever higher along with the big bump up in insurance costs that are due.

starsh78
    Free Member

“unabused” apart from when that drift went wrong and put a big dent in the rear quarter…. leave it alone man the rear bumper looks like it has been replaced judging by it being a different shade of silver. its also rippled which probably means damage underneath it… I’d do an HPI & check the car with a fine tooth comb….

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

Aye, I know my stuff RE: checking cars, just had a few Coronas and got a bit excited! 😆
    As mentioned above, after posting I went over the photos properly & noticed the bumper looked funny too – might still scope it out in the morning & call the seller.

Have to admit i’ve been annoyed with the guy selling kerbside – you’re only allowed to sell 5/year IIRC before having to declare being a trader, often thought about reporting him to trading standards – the parked cars get in the way sometimes! 😀

parkesie
    Free Member

1595 1395 what price is it

buy it now so wouldnt rush to buy it save advert arrange to see it outside of ebay. Dont buy before viewing.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘ebay car purchase – advice (ending soon)’ is closed to new replies.