Viewing 2 posts - 81 through 82 (of 82 total)
  • Ebay and best offers [mild rant]
  • thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

my point was, he wasnt prepared to take an offer, he wanted the full asking price, yet clicked the ‘or best offer button’ when setting up. ‘or best offer’ as far as i can tell is Ebay speak for ‘open to negotiation’, and that clearly was not the case.

Well no, in my case I’m selling 30x identical items. If you click “best offer” you can input how many you want to buy. I’ll quite happily take £600 for 4, but an offer of £150 for one is just pointlessly low.

Equally we’re selling some RAID enclosures, a bit niche, they were £1000 new. So we’ve put them on at £350 knowing that there won’t be more than a handful of people buying such things on ebay, so if they want to offer £200 for a grossly over specified NAS then we’d probably sell at that price if it’s not gone in the first week. Equally we might be completely miss judging the price, so by all means put a comment in the box and say XYZ are selling them for £250, but just an offer of £100 and nothing in the box get’s an instant tick of the ‘block’ box. Because you’re one of 70 people offering on ~30 items and I just CBA ‘negotiating’ with you.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

The ‘best offer’ button certainly allows one to have a bit of fun.

Viewing 2 posts - 81 through 82 (of 82 total)

The topic ‘Ebay and best offers [mild rant]’ is closed to new replies.