Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 75 total)
  • Dying your hair
  • waynekerr
    Free Member

Anybody do it?
    I am now getting very grey, my wife wants me to dye it, I reckon the piss taking from my mates would be more than I could handle, so yay or nay.

tragically1969
    Free Member

Your wife sounds nice and supportive, tell her to poke it

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Unless you are a Goth, no, no way.

Do a Google image search for Leslie Crowther, that's how bad you will look.

atlaz
    Free Member

Sounds like she wants you to look younger for her sake, not for yours. I'd never dye my hair but wouldn't have a problem if my wife did as it's her choice not mine.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I used to colour my hair but never to hide grey – just messing with haircuts and hair colours as a kid. I would never do it to hide grey and wouldn't do it on my wedding day 4 years ago – I am grey and I can cope.

I wouldn't recommend it.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Nahh, not to cover grey and try and look natural. Not EVER.

And I'd like to add that as a bit of a lapsed punk, I've had every colour hair imaginable, but covering grey is a big no-no in my book.

Bleach the crap out of it and dye it bright red? Oh yeah, I'd do that myself. Seriously I would. Done it before……. 🙂

cinnamon_girl

Who is more important? Your wife or your mates? If your wife has a hairdresser, why not ask for their opinion as to whether it will work, how often, cost etc etc.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

[High-fives PeterPoddy]

🙂

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Who is more important? Your wife or your mates?

Or your own self-esteem. Would you change something about yourself just to make someone else happy at the expense of your own opinion on the matter?

tankslapper
    Free Member

Get a bright pink Mohican done, that should stop any further 'helpful' suggestions!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Get a bright pink Mohican done

Then suggest she has a boobie job done as hers are going south a bit…

cinnamon_girl

But he hasn't actually offered an opinion on whether he would or wouldn't want it done!

More girlie input needed here.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

A lot of women like the salt and pepper look anyway, well that's my defence.

cinnamon_girl

Pretty poor one too King T 😉

backhander
    Free Member

If I were to find myself single again and thought for one second that less grey would get me laid then yes without a seconds thought. Because someone asked me to? No. But would a bit of p1ss taking put me off? No.
    Tell the Mrs that you'll do it if she gets the robbie fowler telly savalased.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Meh, not quite salt and pepper yet anyway.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

But he hasn't actually offered an opinion on whether he would or wouldn't want it done!

From the OP I assume he doesn't want it but is stuck between pleasing his wife and being laughed at by his mates. I could be wrong though.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

George Clooney doesn't seem to struggle too much. This country just doesn't stand for the level of vanity required to dye your hair – I can understand why. I remember sitting in my hairdresser's chair while he tried to talk me into "just hiding those greys" (and no, that's not a euphemism) – it almost sounded plausible for a minute then I saw sense – it's best left as is.

The other side of the problem is that once you start dyeing, there must come a point where you just have to stop and then you end up looking ridiculously grey for a time while everybody gets accustomed to your "new" look. Tom Jones did it recently and he looked a bit silly for a while but actually, now probably looks better grey.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Nah! if your already quite grey then its a bit obvious that you will dye your hair if you start to dye it now, you wife should love you as you are. I'm grey and my missus was/is a hairdresser and doent reccomend I dye it anyway.

waynekerr
    Free Member

I like to think I look quite young for my age, I still buy trendy gear & all that & am always well groomed, so yes, I would like to look younger, as I presume does everyone, but dying your hair is a bit drastic.
    My bro in law does, but says he doesn't, only difference is he did it from the beginning of going grey so no one noticed.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

More girlie input needed here.

No, actually I don't think there is, sorry to say. Why? because it's the blokes that will notice (And believe me, they WILL notice) and laugh at him behind his back.

The rules are this

Bald(ing)? Cut it short. The balder you get, the shorter you cut it. Nobody laughs at a bald bloke with a grade 1, but EVERYONE laughs at a comb over, or other attemps to cover it up.

Grey(ing)? Women can cover it because they can get away with it and everyone loves a new hair doo on a lady. Men can't get away with it becuse it smacks of desperation and mid-life crisis. EVERYONE notices. People WILL take the piss. I would!

I think if you're worried about the grey, the treatment is the same as for a bald bloke. Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Dems da rulz. 🙂

cinnamon_girl

Pete – you blokes are too worried about what other blokes think! If it is for his wife's benefit, what's the problem?

Answer this: does a bloke really want to look for a g spot on a grey-haired woman? Or one who is taking pride in her appearance?

You guys have got it so wrong!

waynekerr
    Free Member

I have always said "Grey hair is better than no hair"

jojoA1
    Free Member

Silver foxes are…. well,… kinda foxy.

waynekerr
    Free Member

Just for the record, I have no grey pubes yet

cinnamon_girl

Wax

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

If it is for his wife's benefit, what's the problem?

Would you change yourself just for your other halfs benefit?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Pete – you blokes are too worried about what other blokes think!

You don't understand because women aren't subjected to the aforementioned merciless piss-taking.
    It may be for his wife's benefit (Although that's a bit of an odd point of view in my book. You do stuff like that for yourself, NEVER to please others, surely to God??????) but everone else is still gonna see it you know!

Do you cover your grey up CG? 😀

woody2000

I can see where the girls are coming from, however IMO hair dyeing is a no-no. You are what you are, you're getting older and that's what happens. No point pretending otherwise really, it's just vanity.

How old are you waynekerr?

cinnamon_girl

I see a hairdresser regularly! But if you meant surgery, maybe. But I also do things for my benefit and there's nothing wrong in that.

I haven't yet reached the stage of mutton dressed as lamb, only on a bike!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

MF – Are you some sort of mind reader? 😉

cinnamon_girl

PP – MTFU FCOL 🙄

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I haven't yet reached the stage of mutton dressed as lamb, only on a bike!

Careful CG, I've got a very, very good black and white portrait of you deep in conversation at your house warming, remember… 😀 😉

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

PP – MTFU FCOL

Err, sorry, what is FCOL? And why do I need to MTFU? 🙂

woody2000

For Crying Out Loud PP!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I still don't understand, sorry. 😳

DrJ

Then suggest she has a boobie job done as hers are going south a bit…

Knee-shooters, as Viz calls them 🙂

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

MF – Are you some sort of mind reader?

From what you have posted so far we are the same person, never mind mind reading. 🙂

cinnamon_girl

PP – think I'd visited the hairdresser the week before 😉 That's the only close-up pic of me that I like, well done!

cinnamon_girl

You guys are saying that you can't cope with the pi$$taking. Not a very good reason IMHO.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 75 total)

The topic ‘Dying your hair’ is closed to new replies.