Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • DW 5 spot experiences?
  • backhander
    Free Member

Sorry to resurrect the thread but is everybody still happy with their 5 spots?
    I only ask as my raw one is on the way!

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Two years on mine. Love it.

Raw is best too – FACT

wilsonthecat
    Free Member

Here is a picture of mine to get you excited!

backhander
    Free Member

Thanks guys. I do like that raw chunky, I think I’ve made the right choice.
    What headsets are you running? This 44 stuff has me licked.

wilsonthecat
    Free Member

Cane creek xx on my 2011.

UK-FLATLANDER

Cane Creek 110

JPcapel
    Free Member

Mine has now got a CCBD shock fitted and really is a a transformation.
    Earlier posts on this thread referred to having tried one, then decided to stick with the light weight of the RP23.

Have now had change of heart and best mod ever, the bike is a mini DH bike, mine has the angleset fitted to slacken my 2009 model to a 67.5 HA, the ccdb brings out the best in the bike.

I would highly recommend budgeting for a CCDB, mine was c/o TFT.

qcamel
    Free Member

Or the new Pushed Monarch plus is getting sone fantastic reviews and is both lighter than the CCDB and easier to set up…..

crofts2007
    Free Member

Been running my ’09 spot for the last 6 months, done a few upgrades since picking it up off of here as a frame last November.
    Ride it more than my Ellsworth now, it just does everything I want it to do, xc, trail centres and the peaks when I get chance.
    Climbs excellent, comes down even better.
    Prefer the Van RC Ti coil shock over the RP23 that came on the frame, I can live with the weight gain over performance!
    Running Sektor coil on the front, usually set at 130 to 140mm for most rides, but find the extra at 150 downhill inspires a bit more confidence.
    Nearly picked up one of the ’10 frames from CRC when they were at £1k a few weeks back, feel the bike is one of by best cycling choices.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘DW 5 spot experiences?’ is closed to new replies.