Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • DSP Bighorn seatpost.
  • passtherizla
    Free Member

Just ordered my post from LOCO…

Can’t wait for the thing to turn up 🙂

Yay,
    Andy.

LoCo
    Free Member

😀

It’s packed and ready to go, still a few left 😉

passtherizla
    Free Member

Ha Ha, total blonde moment where I thought I’d ordered the wrong size, sorry about that Simon 😉

legend
    Free Member

Got mine yesterday, all seems very nice so far! Test ride tomorrow, test race Sunday…

soobalias
    Free Member

this is the new 27.2

to rival the gravity dropper and hilo?

passtherizla
    Free Member

Mine turned up today! lovely… big box though 😉

mines is 31.6 and long with 4.5 drop.

🙂

legend
    Free Member

Hope yours does better than mine!

passtherizla
    Free Member

oh no! what happened?

passtherizla
    Free Member

So… How much play do you reckon is ‘normal’ on these things? it drops about 5-7mm when I sit on it. if I hold the nose and tail of the saddle and wiggle it side to side it knocks quite a lot.

ta,

legend
    Free Member

yeah i was getting that sag too. not too much pivoting though, maybe a degree or two?

GSuperstar
    Free Member

How much are these being sold for?

Very happy with my DSP Dueller from Loco so wouldnt mind giving this a go 🙂

legend
    Free Member

I believe he’s still got some for £175

passtherizla
    Free Member

when you say ‘were’ legend, what did you do to resolve it? or are you just dealing with it? And as to the pivoting, yeah that is less noticeable than the little thump that happens when i sit on my saddle. First ride out it was a little off putting but I soon got used to it.

I’ve never owned a dropper post before and am impressed so far, my query is just out of interest really…

Do other brands do the same?

legend
    Free Member

just dealing with it. Reverbs and the like all have similar traits so shouldn’t be something to be concerned about

Northwind

legend – Member

Reverbs and the like all have similar traits

Dropping when sat on? Not so much, no.

legend
    Free Member

i was referring to the play with tht comment

Northwind

Fair dos.

passtherizla
    Free Member

do you reckon if i put more pressure in the chamber it wil stop the little drop when sat on? spose I’ll just have to see…

LoCo
    Free Member

Evening just saw this thread as I was shutting everything down for the night.
    The post is rated for 80 to 120 PSI air pressures so if it’s sagging a little when you sit on it I’d increase the pressure in 10 psi increaments until you are happy with how it’s working.
    As always any issues get in touch with me straight away, via email.
    Cheers.

legend
    Free Member

2nd 1st ride on mine today – much more successful! Still a bit of fore/aft and side/side play but no more than I would expect from a dropper.

Was doing a loop at Drumlanrig, so lots of wee tech bits to test it out on. Performed faultlessly

passtherizla
    Free Member

I’ve upped the pressure to 120 and at full extension there is very little downward movenment, when the post is lowered though there is definite clunk and about 5 mm sag, is that right?

I’ll mail you Simon…

LoCo
    Free Member

passtherizla

you have mail

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘DSP Bighorn seatpost.’ is closed to new replies.