Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • drying wet cycling shoes.
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

I’ve always hoses them off and stuffed them with newspaper. It works well but I’m not a big fan of the smell of news print. I thought about using nappies and wondered what size. Then, thought about using some terry ones instead.

What do other people do?

Northwind

I’ve got a set of Dampires, which are just enormous silica dessicant packets really. Too expensive for what they are but I’ve had them for years and they do the job. They can almost suck all the moisture out of a pair of wet 5 10s :mrgreen: Only way to get them drier faster would be to set them on fire I think.

globalti
    Free Member

Just leave them in a cool well ventilated place.

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

Just leave them in a cool well ventilated place.

5:10 impacts will take about a week to dry in those conditions in my experience.

eyerideit
    Free Member

+1 for the stuffing then with newspaper. The more tightly packed the better wicking it is.

gusamc
    Free Member

as an alternative, buy some goretex socks and get your good lady to give each shoe a quick blow dry to get it nice and toasty before use

worked in Scotland in summer (*monsoon season as the end of May was also know as)

OCB
    Free Member

Kinda white-trash maybe, but I, err, just put them back on.

😕

Onzadog
    Free Member

I’m happy to ride in wet shoes but they stink if you do that.

elaineanne
    Free Member

my five tens take about a week to dry if they go in the washer, so now i just hand wash them. it takes about 3 days to dry that way….lol what is it with five tens… it never took that long to dry with my specialized shoes…. 😉

lipseal
    Free Member

Newspaper then use my boot dryer. 8)

headfirst
    Free Member

This is a hijack. So I’ve stuffed my shoes with newspaper, now what? Do I need to put fresh dry paper in after the stuff in now gets moist? Or what? Ta.

lipseal
    Free Member

headfirst just use the newspaper to soak up the worst up then put them somewhere warm to dry, I’m lucky enough to use the dryer.

Northwind

Incidentally, drying with heat is one of the excuses 5 10 give for why their shoes fall apart so fast, they say only ever dry them at room temperature as otherwise the glues are affected.

z1ppy

Headfirst, if really still damp add new newspaper, but remove all of it to allow sir to circulate & dry the final bit naturally (though I throw my mt90’s under the radiator in the winter – it’s not recommended)

hugor
    Free Member

Take them off after your wet ride and strap them to your bike carrier in such a way as the air will enter the shoe as you drive.
    They can get very dry in the short drives I take back from my trail centre.

Dan1502
    Free Member

I think my five tens will take about a month to dry after todays ride (Penmachno – was just a bit wet today)

Coleman
    Free Member

Put them by the Aga!

Dair
    Free Member

Get some Stuffitts. They dry very well and remove all odours.
    null

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

I’ve been doing some googling and 100g non indicating silica gel sachets are reusable, really cheap and look like a good size to be sticking inside shoes. Seems easiest to buy them in bulk though.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘drying wet cycling shoes.’ is closed to new replies.