Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Dropped into my first vert ramp yesterday!
  • lyons
    Free Member

I’m sure none of you really care, but i dropped into the corby vert yesterday! Such a rush… Ive never been that scared before doing something, or after as relieved that i survived as my first time…

Thats all,

Andy

mtbfix

Fair play, fella. I hate dropping in to steeps and a vert would be way behond my bottle threshold.

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

Props , dropped at Bolton Bones few years back and papped miself.

here’s some inspiration……bestwick…ridic

keep at it

lyons
    Free Member

yeah, that’s the ramp that I ride… I cant wait to see bestwick riding it in the flesh…

lyons
    Free Member

is the bolton bones ramp gone now?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Took me ages to be able to conquer my fear of drop-ins, so good on yer! I’ve not got to proper vert drop-ins yet, but one day…

lyons
    Free Member

I went to Bay 66 today and rode their vert for a bit, it felt small after riding corby… Does anyone know about this bolton bones ramp, or any others that are good in the uk? I know corby, bay, birmingham ( meant to be a deathtrap?) southsea, Mt Hawke ( looks really good) and thats about it, apart from the metal one at st neots that definitely is a death trap.

jedi

none are deathtraps lyons.
    high5 for dropping in

_tom_
    Free Member

Awesome 😀 I’ve never got the balls to drop in anything much bigger than 6ft. Think it’s probably because I don’t drop in properly though, I just roll it rather than lifting my front wheel and popping in.

jedi

lyon, you rode out to deck too? we’ll have to session it soon 🙂

jedi

that vid of jamie is when he rode with me and jason ellis 🙂

i blasted 2 ft out lol

lyons
    Free Member

i didnt jump back out to the deck to be honest… I reckon i’ll do it next time. The one at St neots is dodgy though, its slippery metal, and over vert on one side, under on the other.

I’m just pleased to have done it now, and it made riding out the other side alot easier as well. I was told i was getting a consistent foot and a half out of it, although to be honest, it didnt feel like that.

I’m going up there again on tuesday, so I guess theres a good chance you’ll be there?

jedi

im there thursday this week

lyons
    Free Member

ok, well depending on work etc, I may head up ther on thursday as well. I just want to ride it as much as I can at the moment…

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Pretty sure I would not have what it takes any more. Last time must have been about 1985-ish. never mind MAMILS. Seems we have MAMOVs Middle Aged Men On Vert on here.

Wish I had the opportunity just to have a look and shiver out for old times sake. Had a 1/4 of my own but as I recall the nearest 1/2 was at a place called ” Walker Wheels”. Located in the arse end of Newcastle. You used to take your life in your hands going down Pottery Bank to get there from the Metro Station.
    Happy days…..

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Jeez, looked at it when I was there with Jedi a year or so ago, respect for doing it, I never got past looking, it was all I could muster to try the foam pit, that was rad enough for me 😳

That vid is awesome BTW, I have just watched it twice & I’m definitely in awe!

atlaz
    Free Member

Did it as a skateboarder in my teen years and even would ride the same ramps on a friends BMX. Definitely no chance of me doing that now.

kudos100
    Free Member

I could do fairly big mini’s on a skateboard, but never had the balls to drop in on a proper vert ramp. Kudos for doing it on a bike. No way I could bunnyhop into the transition from the platform. Roll in maybe 🙂

lyons
    Free Member

its funny, because although its one of the scariest things ive done, its actually really easy.
    Im still going to be bricking it though on my first drop in next time…

Haze

Watched a fair few 1st time drop in attempts in my skating days (Birmingham Wheels) – most were very sketchy much like my own, some were hands over the eyes moments!

Good rush making your first 🙂

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

Bolton Bones gone. RIP – building still there. Was a nice little park once they did the bowl.

Bestwick is ridic. makes other vert riders look average.

freeridenick
    Free Member

Bestwick is the man 😯

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Dropped into my first vert ramp yesterday!’ is closed to new replies.