Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Dream shed/garage
  • JohnClimber
    Free Member

Due to get a house with a double garage early in the new year.

Please help design the best layout, pictures would be nice as well.

tinsy
    Free Member

No one knows what kit your trying to store, so not possible.

I just built my dream shed but at 25×7 ft its nothing like laying out a double garage, FWIW I have hung the 2 bikes thats are ornaments (rarely ridden) with the pulley bike lifts from Lidl with the bars turned flat to the wall and a motorbike unerneath, 2 kids bikes hung from the wall by the front wheels to keep floor space free but stil easy access, and my bike lives on the floor so I can get it dead easy to go riding 🙂 Bench is made and very sturdy, but have some layout issues myself and some shelfs need building to accomodate tools etc… I am desperately trying to get most things off the floor.

If I was doing a garage I would be looking at interlocking rubber flooring or at least floor paint before i moved onto anything else.

Slacks
    Free Member

Tinsy where did you get your shed from?

tinsy
    Free Member

Firm local to me… Wrights sheds, will build anything you want, top quality and easy to deal with bit of a wait though.
    http://www.wrightssheds.co.uk/

Olly
    Free Member

i cant wait till ive got my own place.
    all i want in life, is a garage.

not a drafty damp rented shed.

a solid, concrete floored garage, to call my own, and pimp out, with a lock that only i have a key for, so as to make it an escape from evil annoyances like girlfriends, wives, children, etc…
    though the door will have a cat flap, so my cat can join me/use the room to escape from the above annoyances.

Its gonna be:

rubber floored, like a gym.
    sound proofing foam on the door, to keep the acoustics acceptable.
    a MASSIVE desk, with a pc that houses all my musical desires, connected through an amp that also has a a proper hifi for playing records.

two bike stands, and a hanging system.
    and rad furniture.

ideally, that yellow sofa with the blue orange on it, that occasionaly crops up on here, but ive no idea who it belongs too and cant be bothered to find it in the HCHT thread.

OOo, and a nice big skylight, and a telescope for looking out of said skylight.

and a drinks cabinet, with all sorts of fine tipples in it.
    and a tool wall, with everything in its rightful place.

carbon337
    Free Member

Olly, will you draw round said tools when in their correct location?

will
    Free Member

I just love garages. Recently found a nice heater so plug that in now, and it is very toasty! Spend hours in there doing nothing

JohnClimber
    Free Member

I like the idea of the rubber flooring, where can that be bought from?

JCornford

I hope you get a big garage Olly!

I am in the middle of buying a flat with a garage in a block, the place is very secluded, on the outskirts of town and on the way into the country side, to get to the house involves a big gravel drive way, so security isn't that bad, but the garage is in a block and doesn't have electric.

I'm thinking of rubber flooring as well, front half bikes/workshop and back half gym. I have got a kick boxing bag, weights bench, industrial bike stand and 5 bikes, need to add to that a work bench, turbo trainer/rollers and some how get some electric for lighting.

I think I will white wash the hole thing inside and go nuts wuith the dealent and expanding foam to make sure it is water proof.

Olly
    Free Member

Olly, will you draw round said tools when in their correct location?

paint the wall black, with the tool sillhoettes in White.
    You knows it!

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

😳

JCornford

Any one used one of these?

or maybe I should look at how much it would be to run main electrics into it.

ourkidsam
    Free Member

Olly, when you get your garage can I live in it?

miketually
    Free Member

My garage gets visited by rats. One corner has dropped an inch (floor, walls and roof). It has an asbestos roof.

It's ace.

Only been in the house a month or so, and only just got the garage vaguely in shape.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Should have my garage in a few weeks – can't wait!

Only a single, though reasonably long, and with a hard standing infront to keep the car on! No eleccy though I am thinking of fitting some solar panels, and a 12v battery system to provide light and perhaps a single socket (can be done for a reasonableish price). I will probably also stick a solar powered Oxford Optimate in to keep the motorbike topped up.

Think it is going to be more of a home for the motorised bike(s) rather than mountain bikes – but getting the Triumph out of my outhouse means that can become a permanent cycle home (which has power and solid stone walls).

JCornford

Mike I think my garage will be pretty much like that, damp, asbestos roof etc, but a lick of paint and lots of sealing etc and it should be fine.

ctznsmith
    Free Member

I miss my garage at the old flat even though I ended up working on bikes by candlelight at times.

I think I'm going to put shed/garage as a definite requirement for the next house in January pulling my bike out of the basement is a real disincentive to ride it.

neilforrow
    Sam

I like the workshop shot in The Ride 3 – mine is significantly less tidy…

JohnClimber
    Free Member

JohnClimber – Member
    I like the idea of the rubber flooring, where can that be bought from?

Anyone help?

teagirl
    Free Member

Your garages are soo tidy. My double and workshop length is in need of organisation with 9 bikes in it!

Rubber flooring from, The Rubber Flooring Company.

taka
    Free Member

ive got 3 workshops steel fabricating one woodworkshop and a garage youcan fit a rangrover and 3 mini's in and now there all empty since my dad moved house coulddo with sorting my tools out into a orderly fasion somewhere then the bikes and frames then the parts… and so on.. 😳

chopperT
    Free Member

I'm happy with my space. More photos on the link.

More pics

avalanche
    Free Member

Costco do a rubber floor. It is heavy duty closed cell foam in interlocking squares. Grey in colour with a checkerplate pattern on top.

tinsy
    Free Member

Johnclimber… this is the stuff, loads of suppliers, it can come in locking tiles or by the roll…

http://www.ukflooringonline.com/product.aspx/60/Studded_Rubber_Floor_Tiles

Miketually I like yours a lot, I know its probably another job long down the list if you have just moved in, but rekon it would look ace if you painted the walls in there white..

timber

dunno if cow mat would work out any cheaper, check DeLaval CM range for a sprung floor effect – insulation and acoustic damping

LsD
    Free Member

Only hard bits are deciding whether ye want pie stall near the bar or the gogo dancing stage…………..

woodsman
    Free Member

Mine would be more eco – local oak, and hand made.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

I like the idea or the rubber flooring, but what about bling work units?

miketually
    Free Member

what about bling work units?

Mine's an old dining table with a sheet of plywood concrete shuttering laid on top. Blingtastic!

JohnClimber
    Free Member

No what a team rider should have eh?

Vortexracing

mine does me just fine

miketually
    Free Member

No what a team rider should have eh?

I do have a second garage that's a little bigger 😉 but it's 300' away from the house at the bottom of the garden, beyond the stable, with lovely access for bike thieves from the bottom gate, so I'd not want to keep bikes in there really.

Still not sure what to do with it…

coastkid
    Free Member

ive built mine..,

30 sqm,wood stove & oil heating radiator,washing machine and tumble dryer for bike gear,sky tv monitor,goodmans 800w multi CD,didgi stereo,beer fridge,GYM,spinner bike,motorbike,6 mtbs,vintage bikes up in lofts,out front..,wash bay with frostproof shed for powerwasher, cost 5 grand+ but when you think folk spend 3 grand on sofa`s it worth it!!

JohnClimber
    Free Member

I know I ment bikes garage bling but what about this one?

http://www.tuningfever.fr/pics-med-14974-313034-my-dream-garage.jpg

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Dream shed/garage’ is closed to new replies.