Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Dr Who
  • mlke
    Free Member

I was forced to watch Dr Who in case the kids got scared.
    Totally confusing – melting babies, pirates, cute lizard girls and space spitfires.
    Can any Dr Who fans give me a short plot explanation please?

nuke

Amy, the Dr’s assistant, hasn’t been Amy for a while now…she’s been a doopleganger created out of something called ‘the flesh’ (last weeks episode). The real Amy was pregnant and imprisoned on a meteor. When the Dr finally could reveal the Amy in the Tardis was fake, he went to get the real Amy back and to do this called in a few favours.

Amy had the baby, the Dr beat all the headless monk people with a bit of help but evil monocled lady had legged it with the real baby and it turns out the baby Amy thought she had got back was just another ‘flesh’ doopleganger

Dibbs
    Free Member

And Amy’s baby is……..

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

And River Song is Amy and Rory’s daughter.

DezB
    Free Member

And River, who we were led to believe was the doctor’s wife, is actually Amy’s daughter.
    S’ovious innit

DezB
    Free Member

Dammit, beaten to it… yeah River Song is Melody Pond from the future

colournoise

River is still obviously linked to The Doctor in other ways though.

slainte 😉 rob

nuke

….and now we all wait until later in the year when apparently Hitler gets a kicking

oldgit
    Free Member

Did you catch the naughty inuendo?
    The lizzard woman and her ‘sidekick’ “I don’t know why you put up with me” then proceeds to kill a man were her very long tongue, que longing looks.
    Or am I just a filth pot. 8)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Also, WTF was that skeletal hand holding a dying sonic screwdriver all about?

project
    Free Member

Come back Russel T Davis, at least you could write a decent understandable story.

mlke
    Free Member

hmmm that helps a bit. 2 questions.

Who are these headless monk guys, are they new?

And how do I get a scared Sh**less 8 year old back to bed in time for me to watch X men on channel 4. No heads Daddy!!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

The day afterthe truly magnifcent episode ‘Blink’, I took a boat up to Kew. A child, on passingunder Lambeth Bridge yelled, “Mummy! STATUES!” In sheer terror. That’s what Doctor Who does!

colournoise

oldgit – Member
    Did you catch the naughty inuendo?
    The lizzard woman and her ‘sidekick’ “I don’t know why you put up with me” then proceeds to kill a man were her very long tongue, que longing looks.
    Or am I just a filth pot.

You’re not a filth pot. With that and the gay married anglican soldiers I don’t think Russell Davies is totally out of the Dr Who picture in terms of script input?

slainte 😆 rob

colournoise

CaptainFlashheart – Member
    Also, WTF was that skeletal hand holding a dying sonic screwdriver all about?

Missed that – when was it?

Also, surely River’s throwaway lines about two doctors may well prove more important than the screen time or emphasis they were given?

slainte ❓ rob

vondally
    Free Member

russell t davies is not a patch on mr s moffats writing, russell t ‘s writing became high camp carry on at times, moffats is dark and dangerous. Possible only eclipsed by neil gaimens story.

All great stuff this time.

colournoise

Agreed, much prefer Moffat’s ‘long game’ writing to Davies’ stuff. Just detected the hand of Davies (or Moffat giving him an affectionate nod) in the tongue joke especially.

Today’s story also continued Moffat’s thread of forest references, and he has said in interviews the “Forest of the Dead” and “Silence in the Library” stories are central to his Doctor – interesting to see whether that’s true or just another red herring.

slainte 😕 rob

john_drummer
    Free Member

And Amy’s baby is……..

Rosemary’s Baby

sorry.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Dr Who’ is closed to new replies.