Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Downs Link Trail – Where does it start in Guildford, anyone done it
  • ds1
    Free Member

If you have the time and inclination to look over a map, there are quite a few xc bridleway loops you can access, leaving and rejoining the Downs Link to connect them together without using the main road. That's how I use it.

As mentioned earlier, from Guildford station you can use the Wey towpath to reach it. But you don't need to turn off at Broadford Road as a couple of years ago the route was extended on the other side of the A281, including a bridge over the Navigation which you can access directly from the towpath.

nuke

Did the Downs Link for the first time yesterday on a nice ride from Denbies (Dorking), up on to the NDW, down at Newlands to just east of St Marthas, Downs link through to SDW and then SDW to Devils Dyke. Lovely day, lovely fast ride of just under 50miles. Lots of potential stops if you're taking a more leisurely approach as well.

Although I read this thread before doing it and expected to agree with njee, I have to say I do agree
    with Mr Woppit 😯 😉

…there's a lot of long straight stretches where, on balance, the gradient is up for the majority of the way. Only mildly and it's still big ring all the way but there's not much opportunity to freewheel down.

DaRC_L

AFAIK the Bridge at Copsale is closed.

I spent years living close to it, so have fond memories of it. A nice little warm up from where I lived in Henfield to the South Downs at Steyning.
    Riding it is a great way to introduce those with gradiant-phobia to off-roading.

john_l
    Free Member

The Bridge is very definitely closed – it has no rear walls.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Downs Link Trail – Where does it start in Guildford, anyone done it’ is closed to new replies.