• This topic has 16 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Downloading music
  • fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

Since the close down of bt junkie where can I go to download original and ‘un licensed’ music and other such files?

Not saying I will download copyright content as I am curious as to what you lot use?

parkedtiger
    Free Member
    takisawa2

I use legalsounds..com
    $0.09 a track. Pre-charge your account, away you go.
    Used it for 5yrs now. Never had an issue.

fd3chris
    Free Member

Amazon is reliable and cheaper mostly than iTunes , or go the whole hog and save a fortune on p ***

sadexpunk

Are there any sites that sell flac files rather than mp3? Just wondered whether you can buy full quality music rather than cut down quality.

CountZero

Are there any sites that sell flac files rather than mp3? Just wondered whether you can buy full quality music rather than cut down quality.

The trick here is to buy CD’s and rip as lossless.
    I rip my CD’s at 320Kb, and listen via Shure SE215, Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10 Pro or M-Electronics M6 Sport canalphones using triple flanged eartips, and I’ve compared tracks in lossless and FLACK with ripped 320kb tracks, and to all intents and purposes there’s little to chose between them, differences in mastering being much more obvious than any difference in bitrate, and even music bought from iTunes at 260kb is perfectly listenable.

sadexpunk

aye, ive slowly been going through my cs’s ripping them to flac as im trying to get all me sounds played through squeezebox now. its a revelation to me and im enjoying listening to music again.

spose what my ideal would be is listening to 6 music, liking a song and being able to go to a site and download it to add to the collection rather than buy a cd.

over the last couple of days ive just discovered the jim jones revue thanks to 6 music, and theres a fair few song to buy pretty cheap from the above sites, but i just wondered if you could buy full quality versions to match the flacs already stored on my lappy.

thanks

_tom_
    Free Member

I though flac was already lossless so what other full quality version are you after?

sadexpunk

yes, flac IS lossless, thats what im after. as far as i know i can only download mp3 quality, so i was asking if i could download flac quality music anywhere.

cheese@4p

Legalsounds works for me for mp3s. Im not too bothered about top quality sound wise just top quality Rock n Roll.

daleftw
    Free Member

Can get WAVs which are lossless but you’ll pay a friggin fortune for them. I DJ and more often than not, it’s cheaper to buy a record on vinyl than it is to buy WAV.

retro83
    Free Member

sadexpunk – Member

Yes, 7digital does. Although the proportion which offer FLAC seems to be reducing 🙁

sadexpunk

couple of good sites there ta, ill have a browse through later. how do you pay for them btw? paypal, debit or credit card?

thanks a lot

DezB
    Free Member

Are there any sites that sell flac files rather than mp3?

Junodownload.com, Bleep.com, boomkat.com

Waste of money though, you can’t tell the difference even if you think you can. And if you can you’re listening to the sound quality not the music.

DezB
    Free Member

I use legalsounds..com
    $0.09 a track. Pre-charge your account, away you go.
    Used it for 5yrs now. Never had an issue.

Be interested to know if users of “legalsounds” think it is legal because it has “legal” in the name? (not judging, do my own share of illegal downloads, just wondering) 😆

soma_rich
    Free Member

and listen via Shure SE215, Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10 Pro or M-Electronics M6 Sport canalphones using triple flanged eartips

Your kidding? right?

DezB
    Free Member

triple flanged eartips

😆

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Downloading music’ is closed to new replies.