Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Don't try this at home.
  • ChatsworthMusters
    Free Member

Brilliant, but the margin for error, and pain, is very small.

http://www.todaysbigthing.com/2009/08/05

chvck
    Free Member

Amazing! Wonder how they tested that out to make sure it's the right distance?!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I was thinking the same thing….crash test dummy? Used a gigantic inflatable crash mat as used by stuntmen in building falls?

mavis
    Free Member

Ummm, don't you think that it might just not be real?

Very cool though! 🙂

chvck
    Free Member

Every part of me has to believe that is real, it's too amazing for me to accept it may not be real!

Drac

Posted yesterday too, complete fake.

marsdenman
    Free Member

complete fake

really, how so?

me? in two minds – given some of the crazy stuff we see pulled on on bikes these days (see Home Page video sales clip…..) I cannot but think 'why not?' after a bit of of trial and error…..
    On the other side – too many variables for me – speed control, control of direction etc

samuri
    Free Member

really, how so?

Because it's far too precise for someone running a bit of tarpauline down a hill, pouring a couple of buckets of water on it and then sliding away. For a start the bloke flies WAY further than could be expected from such a small and slow run in and it just looks entirely wrong when he's in the air. Funny, but a fake.

Drac

really, how so?

You honestly think at that speed and vertical drop you can land in a 3' deep kiddies paddle pool, cause a vertical splash only and stand up?

jimmy

see the dummy at the foot of the ramp? Either a) they tested it loads to be sure, or b) faked it. But he moves in the air like a human.

jimmy

the fakest part to me, though, are the spectators congratulating him. Just looks very poorly acted.

marsdenman
    Free Member

You honestly think at that speed and vertical drop you can land in a 3' deep kiddies paddle pool, cause a vertical splash only and stand up?

See where you're coming from – as I said above there's quite a few variables that could see it go wrong –

however Drac, think your comment ref the water splash seals it….
    Chris

Bunnyhop

nbt posted this yesterday.

Very funny.

aracer
    Free Member

All sorts of things:
    They only appear to have a couple of buckets of water going down that (maybe a couple more in the background) – nowhere near enough to get him to slide on that at the speed he needs, particularly given the up bit of the ramp will be totally dry.
    Listen to the "audio" – still accelerating as he goes up the ramp.
    The pool doesn't move, despite the large horizontal momentum.
    Vertical splash.
    Most conclusively of all – the speed he'd be going to make that gap, there's no way he'd be standing up from that landing.

The middle bit would appear to be CGI (maybe a dummy with CGI, but all CGI seems more likely, as I still don't see how they'd get the dummy to fly that far from that ramp).

allthepies
    Free Member

Plus the filming angle doesn't show the whole slide, in reality the initial down slope probably isn't linked to the ramp and the guy just piles into a load of foam or similar to stop him. Everything from the ramp takeoff to the pool splashdown is then faked.

nuke

Who cares if its fake or not,? it's a good video 🙂

righty
    Free Member

its a few years old and was used by microsoft to promote project 2007 here

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Don't try this at home.’ is closed to new replies.