Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Don’t forget to vote!
  • rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

I’ve been disenfranchised – I had to change my work plans and am about to go catch a train to Scotland before the poles open today. Tried to get an emergency postal vote on Monday but was told I was too late (though I could have had one if it had been a medical emergency?!)

Anyway, I’m annoyed I can’t vote today. Please make sure you do your bit to try and give some legitimacy to our system of Government and use yours!

toxicsoks
    Free Member

……………..and, FFS, don’t do the ‘knee jerk reaction’ dance – think about what you’re voting FOR.

Stoner
    Free Member

Im not that interested in politics.

> 🙂

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Much as I wanted to vote today… the bastards have failed to process my registration 🙁 I mean – I only sent it in back in December/January.

Shall make sure that I get on the case as soon as I move again (3 weeks) as I am planning to stay put for quite some time having moved house 3 times in the last 18 months (with furniture and everything)

JulianA
    Free Member

I shall be voting as always.

Smee
    Free Member

I too will be voting. Probably vote for some nutter or go for a wasted vote.

Stoner
    Free Member

Just back in from the Polling station.

Where do they find all the old people to man the desks from?
    🙂

xc-steve
    Free Member

First time voter today! I feel aloud to complain now! Woop! All Thatcher’s fault?

I did like how the slip given to me was partly folded to only show half of the parties, pity BNP was still visible though boo! Don’t they know there’s a special voting day for BNP tomorrow?!

anagallis_arvensis

allowed not aloud FFS kids of today!!

BNP is the STW party of choice isnt it?

samuri
    Free Member

I’m not sure which thieving gits to vote for, it’s a tricky choice.

I think conservative almost entirely on the fact they’re planning to do away with the id card scheme.

Fuzzyfelt
    Free Member

Put my cross in the box – and what a lot of choice. The biggest ballot paper ever in the South West; and some very odd sounding organisations/ parties – Wai D anybody?

soobalias
    Free Member

sorry samuri, which elections are you voting in today?

xc-steve
    Free Member

anagallis my bad! Resent being called a kid, but if you get kicks from pointing out such things then I’m happy for you.

samuri
    Free Member

oh I see it’s the european elections, never mind. 😉

tankslapper
    Free Member

Plaid or BNP – what a choice! 😥

Stoner
    Free Member

Plaid or BNP

Yeah. You dont want to vote for those racist bastards. Go for BNP.

llama

we moved last year and our new polling station is IN THE PUB 🙂

JulianA
    Free Member

llama – Member
    we moved last year and our new polling station is IN THE PUB

I hope they are serving beer?

The-Beard

Seems that at least half of my office have yet to recieve their polling cards and there is no end of confusion as to whether or not you have to had registered beforehand, most of us thought we didn’t have to as we were already on the electoral roll.

thomthumb
    Free Member

hmm there is polling card trouble here – i recieved mine vut some people who registered for postal voting haven’t recieved a council ballot only a European one!

Rich
    Free Member

I have a polling card, but it says on it that you dont need the card to vote, it just saves time.

So if you are on the electoral roll, and havent got a polling card, maybe just go down to your voting station?

The-Beard

I rang the council and got my electoral roll number and polling station location.

Now.

Local Religious Loony Party or Monster Raving Racist Alliance…

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

Green Party for this kid. Gonna get it done this afternoon.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

green party, not ror any relay good reason, just because the alternatives are unprincipled *lady parts* where s the greens seem to be principled *man parts* with bad ideas.

Olly
    Free Member

i wont be voting.

i dont know any of them, none of them appeal to me, so why should i skew the results by putting a cross in the box with the funniest name next to it?

i would also like to have someone i WANTED to vote for, rather than voting for someone who is likely to do the least damage.
    they all tossers, its not an assumption, to get into politics, i think you have to be of a certain mind set, in the same way certain peole just arnt cut out for certain jobs!
    when im king…….

kimbers

greens have laughable attitudes towards science that have really put me off
    otherwise they woulda had my vote

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

Done my bit, went mouldy in the Euro thing and a certain Mr Toby Jug got my X in the locals

jova54
    Free Member

Just been to exercise my democratic right.

Sat outside the Polling Station was a rep of a political party who said, “Can I see your polling card please?”

So I showed her the back of it with the instructions on!

Mrsjova said I was very childish. 😀

Coyote
    Free Member

Couldn’t decide who to vote for so I spoiled my vote.

chewkw
    Free Member

Postal voted last week.

JulianA
    Free Member

Sat outside the Polling Station was a rep of a political party who said, “Can I see your polling card please?”

It really annoys me that they do that – they have no right to ask for your registration number and I usually refuse to give it to them.

nickc

Going now. I have to walk past the pub on the way….Must be strong

JulianA
    Free Member

nickc – Member
    Going now. I have to walk past the pub on the way….Must be strong

Unless your Polling Station is IN the pub!

Esme
    Free Member

“All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.”

Please vote, especially if you live in the North West!

headfirst
    Free Member

as Esme says : that was the only reason i made the effort to vote. One vote for Lab/Tory/Lib Dem* is one vote towards the eejits BNP-UKIP not getting in

*in no particular order

colnagokid

Really old duffer in tweed/ 1 Quite nice girly/ 1 old maid in our polling station. Think they had to wake the old guy up when I came in! and the paper was folded- not what ukip want apparently

millsonwheels
    Free Member

the ballot paper was over 2 feet long! Are they printing the names bigger now?

nukeproof
    Free Member

Wife and I drove down and voted. Disliked the fact the first party you saw on the form was the BNP but it reminded me why it’s important to get out and vote. Did chuckle when I saw ‘The Roman Party. Ave’. Feel strangely good for having got out and made the effort to vote.

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘Don’t forget to vote!’ is closed to new replies.