Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 287 total)
  • Done for speeding last night..
  • DezB
    Free Member

ME! Done for bloody speeding. 41 in a 30 zone – a “blackspot” apparently (yeah, at 9 o’clock at night, righto). I hardly ever drive a stupid car, never had points before and I’m coming back from visiting my sick father in hospital, only taking that route because I had to collect my brother as he’d had a back operation for cancer in his spine and couldn’t drive.
    So I’ve got a big ol slow Mondeo and the bugger decides to wave his stupid laser gun thing at me.
    Now I’m a criminal 🙁
    Don’t expect any cheer from me today.
    Oh yea I could’ve done a effin driver awareness course! Ha! Would that make me aware of the dangers of doing 40 on an empty road at night?
    *Sulks*

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Was it a handheld gun?

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

Bad luck – but as they say round here “no excuses”

wwaswas

I’ve got a big ol slow Mondeo

not that slow, it seems.

I may not be the first to say this but you really only have yourself to blame and as far as I know the speed limits on urban roads aren’t time of day/traffic density dependent 😉

DezB
    Free Member

Yep, handheld gun

**** off wwaswas, I’m gonna run you over.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Everyone does it Dez. Those that don’t are lying and those with clean licenses are good at not getting caught. Ahem. 8)

BoardinBob

Oh yea I could’ve done a effin driver awareness course! Ha! Would that make me aware of the dangers of doing 40 on an empty road at night?

41 in a 30 at any time of day is daft

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Apparently they’re the easiest ones to dispute. As they’re really inacurate. Only takes a slight movement of the coppers wrist to completely change the result.

wwaswas

**** off wwaswas

😯 did you really expect no one to point these things out?

[edit] , I’m gonna run you over.

given I’m riding a singlespeed you’ll be doing about 40 times my speed so it shouldn’t be too difficult 😉

zokes
    Free Member

*Clip* *Clop* *Clip* *Clop*

That’s the sound of sanctimonious high horses heading for this thread…

bol

I got my first ever speeding in a 30 zone ticket on boxing day. Bang to rights – I’m usually really careful in 30 zones, but got distracted by someone coming up fast behind me. Not a lot you can do except take it on the chin – although I’ll certainly go for the speed awareness course if it keeps my licence clean.

prezet
    Free Member

41 in a 30, at any time of day is daft

+1

Through our village (30mph) drivers just don’t seem to give a sh*t about sticking to any speed limit unless there’s a copper sitting at the end of the road. I’d like to see more traffic police spot checking areas.

DezB
    Free Member

He didn’t fall for any of my excuses. And no sympathy for “I only ever ride my bike on this road” when he said there’s often cameras there.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

41 in a 30 at any time of day is daft

Of course it is. ::rolls eyes:: We should all be perfect like you.

zokes
    Free Member

Those that don’t are lying and those with clean licenses are good at not getting caught. Ahem.

One of the great things about doing 40km/h over the limit in Tassie is that when you do get caught, they let you off with a compliment on your driving! (unless I get caught again within three years, then I get both fines and points…)

DezB
    Free Member

I’ll certainly go for the speed awareness course if it keeps my licence clean.

Hmm, could Not see the value of that – it’s more expensive than the fine and what difference does points on my license make? Only do 8000 miles a year.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

He didn’t fall for any of my excuses. And no sympathy for “I only ever ride my bike on this road” when he said there’s often cameras there.

Did you try flirting?

Cougar

“May I see your calibration certificate?”

I got pegged just before Christmas, 36 in a 30 right next to where the the limit changes to a 50 zone. Speed awareness course for me in a couple of weeks.

DezB
    Free Member

Blow job offer was refused.

prezet
    Free Member

How hard is it to go 30mph in a 30mph zone? If you’re concentrating and not dicking around with your cd player / iphone / sat nav it really shouldn’t be that difficult.

stumpy01

I’d have done the course I reckon if it saved me points.

41 in a 30 is pushing your luck a bit, I reckon. Not sure Plod can ignore someone doing 33% over the limit.

BoardinBob

If you were all as perfect as me, you’d have a completely clean driving licence

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

But you’ve got such a prerty mouth.

neninja
    Free Member

Apparently they’re the easiest ones to dispute. As they’re really inacurate. Only takes a slight movement of the coppers wrist to completely change the result.

Very unlikely to win any challenge and as you’d have to do it in court you risk a higher penalty when you lose.

I’d have taken the driver awareness course option if it avoids the points and fine.

wwaswas

Blow job offer was refused.

maybe if you’d let him he wouldn’t have given you the ticket?

AndyRT
    Free Member

Hand in the cookie jar shocker!

/Self righteous trolling

IHN

what difference does points on my license make?

Assuming only 3, for an SP30, none.

Sounds like a fair cop though, just got to suck it up.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

If you haven’t got any points then 3 won’t make any different to your insurance

thepurist

Tune for you Dez. Been there, done that, got rid of the points now 🙁

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNIMuvbiZcc[/video]

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Some high horse fodder:

I’ve done double the speed limit in every category in the UK. I’d like to try and triple it, but I’m gonna need some serious cash to do 210mph..,,, Although 180 shouldn’t be too hard….

😈

GrahamS

41 in a 30, at any time of day is daft

Sorry, but agreed.

9pm isn’t exactly late either. Could quite easily be a child’s face out at that time.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

If you were all as perfect as me, you’d have a completely clean driving licence

Thanks for the compliment! Clean as a whistle…. (See my first comment 😛 )

IHN

I’ve done double the speed limit in every category in the UK.

Good for you. Well done.

AndyRT
    Free Member

Just take a hybusa out for a test ride…costs nowt

nickf
    Free Member

I’ll certainly go for the speed awareness course if it keeps my licence clean.

Hmm, could Not see the value of that – it’s more expensive than the fine and what difference does points on my license make? Only do 8000 miles a year.

(a) they’re pretty informative
    (b) they’re surprisingly interesting
    (c) you don’t have any points

I’d urge you to do the course – it’ll teach you some stuff you didn’t know. Honest!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Andy, yeah, that’ll sort 3x60mph, which is what I was thinking.

Who’s gonna lend me a Veyron for 3x70mph though?

mudshark
    Free Member

Well not all 30 limit roads are the same. I rarely get close to 30 when driving in residential roads but the A road passing at the end of my road is a 30 and I bet I’m often close to 40 on that.

jon1973
    Free Member

Chalk it down to experiance, 3 points ain’t the end of the world.

nmdbase
    Free Member

Serves you right 😆

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

nickf – agreed, to an extent. They will also lie to you though.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 287 total)

The topic ‘Done for speeding last night..’ is closed to new replies.