• This topic has 23,120 replies, 784 voices, and was last updated 1 day ago by nickc.
Viewing 40 posts - 12,321 through 12,360 (of 23,121 total)
  • Donald! Trump!
  • ninfan
    Free Member

Duh, out of stock innit!

In other news – Fiat Chrysler bringing back 2500 jobs from Mexico to Michigan with $1 billion investment and cash bonuses for existing staff

http://money.cnn.com/2018/01/11/news/companies/fiat-chrysler-tax-reform-bonus-jobs/index.html

aracer
    Free Member

Careful you don’t get dizzy

somafunk

Has anyone read the full transcript of the interview* Trump gave to the Wall St Journal?, link to article below.

Full transcript of Trump Interview with WSJ

*Interview is perhaps a stretch of the imagination

MrWoppit
    Free Member

So over £500 million for the lease on a London property, central, crowded and cramped, organised ahead of listed status to maximise profits, followed by a replacement that’s a state-of-the-art modern freehold monster in a part of an expanding capital city with excellent road and rail linkage, top-rate security situation and all the rest of it, is a “bad deal”?

And that’s his reason for not visiting but sending “the President is a moron” Tillerson instead?

And this a property expert?

Every time he opens that ugly fat gob of his, is just more confirmation of his status as a turd-for-brains idiot.

Kryton57

Now publicly branded a Racist by the UN.

Hopefully gone soon…

GrahamS

Fiat Chrysler bringing back 2500 jobs from Mexico to Michigan with $1 billion investment

Also from that article:
    “Fiat Chrysler (FCAU) had already been planning to bolster production at the Warren plant. In January 2017, the company said it would spend $1 billion to expand factories in Ohio and Michigan, creating 2,000 jobs total. ”

So planned and announced long before the glorious tax reforms.

But yeah, jolly good, 2,500 manufacturing plant jobs that will probably be fully automated within the next ten to fifteen years. #maga 🙄

5thElefant
    Free Member

Now publicly branded a Racist by the UN.

Hopefully gone soon…
    You’re not one of the tinfoil hatters that thinks the UN runs the deep state are you? 😯

whitestone
    Free Member

I read it as “Hopefully Trump gone soon” but the “gone” could refer to the UN.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Ah… Trump getting rid of the UN makes more sense. Bad deal. Huge win etc.

Kryton57

Hopefully Trump gone soon

This

You’re not one of the tinfoil hatters that thinks the UN runs the deep state are you?

I’ve no idea what this means, so probably not no.

5thElefant
    Free Member

I’ve no idea what this means, so probably not no.

So why would you think the UN can get him sacked? The people who voted for him aren’t fans of the UN.

deviant
    Free Member

Only on STW could people find it a negative that a company is bringing back 2500 jobs to the US….the bitterness is strong on this thread.

….so because the automotive industry may be fully automated in 10-15yrs are you seriously suggesting the government should do nothing in the intervening years and let jobs and investment go begging!?…..good one!

The US economy seems to be doing well since 2016…even American sources are split as to whether this is an Obama legacy or the era of Trump….meanwhile the rest of the world seems obsessed over his crap hair, use of Twitter, small hands or his own personal less than PC views on things….yeah priorities people.

….and a fine institution like the U.N. is belittling itself by actually bothering to comment on ‘language used’ by the President… so what?….how about supposedly serious organisations try to actually be serious and focus on whether the US is planning any wars, how their economy is doing etc….

The era of identity politics is truly upon us….and the world has lost sight of what is and isn’t important….it’s almost as if people are wishing for an ethnic female POTUS for no other reason than it would be PC and diverse….scant regard for jobs, money and the economy in the new era of outrage politics. Sad really.

I couldn’t care less what our Prime Minister said in private or public as long as our economy was on the up.

Kryton57

I don’t.

I was pointing out two different and probably separate things:

a) the UN have publicly denounced him as Racist
    b) I personally hope he’s removed from the presidency soon – impeached as unfit to hold the post I suspect.

Dickyboy

Boris Johnson has tackled critics of US President Donald Trump, calling them “puffed up pompous popinjays”

Just looked up meaning of popinjay – describes Boris to a tee

5thElefant
    Free Member

I don’t.

I was pointing out two different and probably separate things:

a) the UN have publicly denounced him as Racist
    b) I personally hope he’s removed from the presidency soon – impeached as unfit to hold the post I suspect.
    Ah I see.

If we’re doing fantasy, I’d like to see the Rock as president.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Boris is great isn’t he he spends all his time offending the diplomatic and the rest sucking up to an arsehole for money

We are lucky to have him representing our nation

Anyone can see popinjay is a better description of boris and trump than corbyn and Khan whatever your politics

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

On the subject of “puffed up pompous popinjays”

fasthaggis

I would love to have seen the STW designed banners that would have been taken.

If I had travelled down to London…

When he sets foot in Scotland again..

or

and

aracer
    Free Member

It seems you find this internet debating thing difficult – just to help you out, criticising Trumpeting of the jobs and being dubious about whether it was anything to do with Trump isn’t the same as being negative about the jobs. Though for those of us not in the US I’m not sure why we should be celebrating jobs moving there from Mexico.

The US economy seems to be doing well since 2016…even American sources are split as to whether this is an Obama legacy or the era of Trump….

Yeah, they’re split between those applying sense and logic to the issue and Trump supporters.

meanwhile the rest of the world seems obsessed over his crap hair, use of Twitter, small hands or his own personal less than PC views on things….

Yeah, nothing to do with his incompetence or his compulsive lying – you’re right it’s all about his hair.

karn
    Free Member

Blimey, Ed Sheeran has let himself go !

tjagain

NSFW words on the pic but this is what he got lsast time he came to scotland 🙂

https://tinyurl.com/yc3cfc6b

and of course some glorious insults

mikey74
    Free Member

or the era of Trump

Lol. He hasn’t done anything, yet, other than negotiate a tax reduction for the rich.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Lol. He hasn’t done anything, yet, other than negotiate a tax reduction for the rich.

Define rich.

aracer
    Free Member

er, and in the URL!

tjagain

oops 😳

Junkyard
    Free Member

I reported it [ No I really did] so they can make it just a linky

Cougar

Fixed I think.

matt_outandabout

He blamed it on the building!

THE BUILDING PHILIP!

Good to see the #ICancelledMyTripToLondon doing well…

tjagain

Ta chaps. I tried but failed * hangs head in shame*

tjagain

Now trump is lying about using the word “shithole”. More than one other person at the meeting says he did say it, the official whitehouse spokesperson did not deny he said it but he has now tweeted he did not.

Lie lie and lie again

whitestone
    Free Member

The more Trump goes on the more I’m reminded of this from George Orwell’s 1984:

“The past was erased, the erasure was forgotten, the lie became the truth.”

It’s as if he (Trump) believes that no-one will bother to look back at what was actually said so he can get away with continually contradicting himself.

myopic
    Free Member

ninfan » No, you’re simply wrong
    The decision to sell the site was made under GWB
    The sale* took place on Obama’s watch<<

..and extending that Logic, the actual move made under Trump… So its all his fault

5thElefant
    Free Member

To be fair, you’d have to be from a shit hole country to want to move to the US.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Boris Johnson has tackled critics of US President Donald Trump, calling them “puffed up pompous popinjays”

Is this the same BJ who said his only worry about going to New York was that he might meet Donald Trump?

deviant
    Free Member

He has a point, I don’t see boatloads of doctors, IT experts or engineers flooding to the west….the pictures are typically of young men offering nothing more than unskilled labour, poor language skills and more stresses on the host countriy’s infrastructure….while Trump’s language may be colorful, the immigrants are fleeing crap countries….if their country of birth was any good they wouldn’t be leaving en masse.

These middle Eastern and African countries aren’t exactly sending their best are they?

martinhutch

Except, that’s not true in the case of those currently ‘flooding’ into the US. They are generally better educated than the average American, so are a net gain for the economy.

https://www.economist.com/news/united-states/21723108-far-being-low-skilled-half-all-legal-migrants-have-college-degrees-immigrants

kimbers

These middle Eastern and African countries aren’t exactly sending their best are they?

ignorant racist is racist?

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/health/2017/01/31/172-iowa-doctors-came-countries-subject-trump-travel-ban/97304134/

ninfan
    Free Member

Now trump is lying about using the word “shithole”.

Fake news

He said “this was not the language used”

So, for example, he might not have said “shithole countries” but said “those countries are shitholes”

I wish you lefties would apply greater vigour with your accusations of lies.

Of course, the broader issue… is anyone actually denying that most of these countries are shitholes.

Best was the bloke from the UN reportedly saying “You cannot dismiss entire countries as ‘shitholes” – he’s clearly never been to Luxembourg

aracer
    Free Member

😆 – wouldn’t life be boring for you though if you couldn’t pedant?

Viewing 40 posts - 12,321 through 12,360 (of 23,121 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.