• This topic has 23,120 replies, 784 voices, and was last updated 1 day ago by nickc.
Viewing 40 posts - 8,121 through 8,160 (of 23,121 total)
  • Donald! Trump!
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

they don’t expect to find evidence of active, informed collusion between the Trump campaign and known Russian intelligence operatives, though investigators have only just begun reviewing raw intelligence.

Assuming it wasn’t even worth commenting on the chance of finding any shred of evidence that Obama tapped trumps wires…
    Unfortunatly on the Russian side of things Sessions is on the shakey ground, and some background I heard over the weekend http://www.npr.org/2017/03/09/519415023/what-is-steve-bannon-and-jeff-sessions-shared-vision-for-remaking-america
    It starts to show where some of the visions are coming from, losing Sessions would be a big blow given his role in some of the early policy direction and his closeness to Bannon.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

From “The Good Shepherd”

Mafia boss: “What have you people got?”

W.A.S.P CIA boss: “What do you mean?”

MB: “Well, the Italians – we’ve got the Church and the family. The Jews, they’ve got their traditions. Even the ****, they’ve got their music. What have you people got?”

CIA boss: “The United States of America. The rest of you are just visiting…”

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Who would have thought that the early mornming tweets were in fact completely mis typed and missing several key words…
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-03-14/white-house-appears-to-soften-trumps-claim-on-wiretapping/8351694
    Meanwhile they just can’t seem to find the box marked incriminating evidence
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-03-06/trump-white-house-calls-for-investigation-into-wiretapping-claim/8326744

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

[video]https://youtu.be/rJ6WuWeBoY8[/video]

kimbers

[video src="https://media.giphy.com/media/xUPGcLKuGsvaK43kSQ/giphy.mp4" /]

torsoinalake
    Free Member

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Sums it up kimbers. Anyway I’ve just activated my microwave spy network and Donald letting Steve bannon do whatever he wants while the pot noodle cooks.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Has he been impeached yet, I thought he wasn’t going to last 5 minutes ?

I wonder what the real reason is behind Merkel’s cancelled visit. Seems a bit odd to blame it on the weather particularly as it hasn’t turned out nearly as bad as forecast.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Not being impeached in your first 50 days in office is hardly a major achievement but you big it up as much as you need.
    she does not want to be seen sharing a platform with this racist lying bigotperson with these policies and these actions. She is too polite to say the real reason . Not exactly sherlock levels of deduction required but HTH.
    Anything else you need explaining?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Whent the best you can say is Donald Trump – Not impeached yet it’s not looking good. 50 days in and less popular, less trusted and still not managed to fill a cabinet or the senior positions. As may people have spotted that will be coming to bite hime next as there are not many number 2’s around when the boss is out of town.

oldnpastit

Has he been impeached yet, I thought he wasn’t going to last 5 minutes ?

Ratings down again today.

If he was a TV show, he would be in big trouble.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

she does not want to be seen sharing a platform with this racist lying bigotperson with these policies and these actions. She is too polite to say the real reason

It wasn’t Merkel who postponed the meeting it was Trump.

Trump prefers his women with more tits and less opinions.

Besides, it probably interfered with his busy golfing schedule.

Donald Trump ‘played golf more than taking daily intelligence briefings’ since entering White House

CountZero

I suppose you could get voice activated internet ready microwave ovens.

“Hey, Siri, I’m nearly home, can you nuke the chicken curry in the micro…
    NO! Stop, I didn’t mean nuke….”

mikewsmith
    Free Member

So do we think it’s good to know how the person steering the tax changes would benift from them?
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/14/us/politics/donald-trump-taxes.html?_r=0

Nothing in the two pages produced on Tuesday night suggested any ties with Russia. Nor did they provide much information about his businesses that was not previously known. But they showed that the vast bulk of the federal income taxes he paid in 2005, $31 million, was paid under the alternative minimum tax, which Mr. Trump wants to abolish.

That tax serves as a backstop to the ordinary income tax and is intended to prevent wealthy Americans from paying no income tax at all. Without it, Mr. Trump would have paid about $5 million in regular taxes, plus nearly $2 million in self-employment taxes, on $153 million in income in 2005.

“Trump’s return shows that he’s pushing tax changes that benefit multimillionaire heirs like him, not the middle class,” said Lily Batchelder, a tax law professor at New York University and former majority chief tax counsel for the Senate Finance Committee. “His proposal to repeal the A.M.T. would have slashed his own tax burden by $31 million, and his income tax rate would be lower than the average rate paid by families earning $75,000 to $100,000.”
    Meanwhile in “It’s Complicated” land (opposite side of the world to the moral high ground but strangly close to Corruption Swamp)
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/ivanka-trump-china-clothing-import-donald-father-buy-american-a7626471.html

Customs bills reportedly show Trump’s daughter’s company had 53.5 of tonnes of Chinese goods steaming towards American ports during inauguration speech

Just goes to show buying American is an option for some…

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Ah, so THAT’S what “jambafact” means.

According to jambalaya:

I wonder what the real reason is behind Merkel’s cancelled visit. Seems a bit odd to blame it on the weather particularly as it hasn’t turned out nearly as bad as forecast.

From The Independent:

Air travel was perhaps the hardest hit sector – nearly 6,000 flights were canceled all across the region with 3,300 of them in the New York area.

American Airlines cancelled all flights to and from John F. Kennedy, Laguardia, and Newark airports in the New York area.

Delta alone cancelled 800 flights in the northeast corridor between Philadelphia and Boston.

Television news reports showed nearly empty airports normally bustling with thousands of travelers.

Despite the early warnings of the storm and sub-optimal flying conditions, hundreds were stranded and the ripple effect has caused approximate 1,600 flight delays across the country, according to CNBC.

Sad. Terrible. Muchly big.

thejesmonddingo

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aItpjF5vXc[/video]

anagallis_arvensis

So has he leaked his own tax return?

martinhutch

Possibly the only one he could find in the last two decades where he has actually paid any tax?

mattyfez

martinhutch – Member
    Possibly the only one he could find in the last two decades where he has actually paid any tax?

That’s what I’m thinking, why else would only one year from so long ago be released ‘leaked’?

martinhutch

The stamp ‘client copy’ on the release also suggests it may not originate from the IRS… 😀

chewkw
    Free Member

ernie_lynch – Member
    It wasn’t Merkel who postponed the meeting it was Trump.

Trump prefers his women with more tits and less opinions.

Besides, it probably interfered with his busy golfing schedule.

Doesn’t Merkel get the message yet? Why the thick skin on insisting to be important?

President Trump should simply brush her aside coz she is Not important nor is Germany in the grand scheme of things. They should know their place. 😛

maxtorque

So, it seems that a plan to ‘drain the swamp’ isn’t actually a terribly good one when it turns out that the swamps main inhabitants are mostly people working for yourself….. 😉

akira

So he paid some tax ages ago and now he’s trying to make sure he doesn’t do it again. Even if he was draining the swamp we’d neber know as the EPA will soon be one guy with a clipboard.

ninfan
    Free Member

So he paid some tax ages ago and now he’s trying to make sure he doesn’t do it again

I’m confused, I though that Donald hadn’t paid any income tax for eighteen years

#fakenews

kimbers

ninfan
    I think you need to re-read those headlines and the analysis of the stuff Trump leaked today and then explain to the class where you went wrong

colonelwax
    Free Member

I’m confused, I though that Donald hadn’t paid any income tax for eighteen years

Do those headlines say that, snowflake? I think they say “could of”, pretty sure someone on here was quibbling about the use of “called for” or something like that so we now know headlines mean whatever we want.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Why do you engage with him ? Its obvious to you what he is doing – he simply wants a reaction* and you keep feeding it

* Logic or consistency or even believing what he says are not even considerations in his one man quest to annoy “snowflakes”

I bet he is on the DM website trying to annoy Right wingers- he just likes to get a reaction and he will type anythign to get it

ninfan
    Free Member

I think they say “could of”, pretty sure someone on here was quibbling about the use of “called for” or something like that

Oh my word, well done, finally – there goes the cognitive dissonance bomb, as the lefties realise that they can’t dismiss one without wrecking their own arguments for rejecting the other 😆

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

kimbers – Member

ninfan
    I think you need to re-read those headlines and the analysis of the stuff Trump leaked today and then explain to the class where you went wrong

To fair ninfan did say “I’m confused”, so perhaps some polite explaining and a bit less of the sarcasm would be in order.

At least he was honest enough to admit not fully understanding the issue.

akira

The leaked copy seemed to say ‘client copy’ on it. Surely he wouldn’t have leaked it himself to distract from the FBI Russia news?

piemonster

To fair ninfan did say “I’m confused”, so perhaps some polite explaining and a bit less of the sarcasm would be in order.

Neither of these option will illicit an increase in expressed understanding.

What Junkyard said really.

mattyfez

Well we know he did pay some tax, once many years ago.

He also registered a huge loss, which could simply be a vehicle for shifting funds he ‘owes’ to other ‘companies’ that he may or may not have an interest in to avoid much much more tax.

Without wider context the leak to me seems like him throwing a very transparent bone.

Sandwich

It’s (the presidency) all starting to look like a juggling act on the verge of disaster. Someone in the front row is going to get a knife or chainsaw in their lap and it will turn messy.

ninfan
    Free Member

It’s (the presidency) all starting to look like a juggling act on the verge of disaster. Someone in the front row is going to get a knife or chainsaw in their lap and it will turn messy.

Any other predictions you’d like to make while you have the chance? We could see how you do?

Geert Wilders isn’t going to win the Dutch elections perhaps?
    Le Pen going to lose the French one?

maxtorque

‘Starting’ to look like? Starting?? 😆

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Again…

outofbreath
    Free Member

“I think they say “could of”, pretty sure someone on here was quibbling about the use of “called for” or something like that so we now know headlines mean whatever we want.”

Only in your head.

whitestone
    Free Member

I’d quibble about “could of” because all the headlines correctly state “could have” 🙄

akira

As expected a simple man with questionable mental health and no political experience isnt doing a good job at being president. Who would have thought it?

Viewing 40 posts - 8,121 through 8,160 (of 23,121 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.