• This topic has 23,120 replies, 784 voices, and was last updated 1 day ago by nickc.
Viewing 40 posts - 5,081 through 5,120 (of 23,121 total)
  • Donald! Trump!
  • cchris2lou

he must have a gb passport as he is in the gb squad , but hopefully he will boycot the USA .

outofbreath
    Free Member
    ninfan
    Free Member

Ernie may be many things but he is not a bigot in any form

You don’t think that Ernie is just a little bit intolerant of those holding different opinions?

vinnyeh

he must have a gb passport as he is in the gb squad , but hopefully he will boycot the USA .

Doesn’t he live there (Farah)?

kimbers

Well it seems that Most Farrah is included

Conservative MP Nadhim Zahawi also believes he is

Yet still May is too cowardly to condemn trump

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/staggers/2017/01/british-citizens-hit-donald-trumps-visa-ban

outofbreath
    Free Member

“born in or are citizens of Iraq, Syria, Iran, Sudan, Libya, Somalia and Yemen.”

I guess Mo falls under the ‘born in’ category.

Jamie
    Free Member

Doesn’t he live there (Farah)?

Yup. Currently lives in Oregon, near his coach and Nike HQ.

He’s currently training in Ethiopia for 2 weeks, then racing in the UK, but will at some point need to return home.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

It’s cool guys, it’ll all be sorted once he “figures out what the heck is going on”.

cchris2lou

it has been confirmed that it applies to people with dual nationality .

tjagain

Oh indeed ninfan. And self righteous and all sorts of things. The cad called my a wishy washy pale pink liberal for goodness sake. BUt he is not a bigot by his postings on here

jambalaya
    Free Member

Tom – that is libelous. Ernie may be many things but he is not a bigot in any form. He, like I, and many other abhor what the Israeli state is doing to the Palestinians but that does not make us anti semites. It makes us people who hate injustice and the apartheid state Israel has become

You where doing OK till that last part. Israel is the best place in the Middle East for a Muslim Arab to live. Especially a homosexual or transgender one. Best health care, best human rights, open democracy. Isreal has proven how effective walls are against terrorism effectively shutting down the suicide bombers on the early 2000’s. Netanyahu told Trump how effective the walls/border Israel have built in the South at keeping out illegal migrants from Africa.

The Palestinians have rejected deal after deal and each time the deal has got worse. If they where offered the 1948 deal again they’d jump at it. Trump is going to move the process forward in a way which is will make the Palestinians realise their past folly in rejecting numerous prior offers.

This is why Ernie can’t bring himself to condemn Trump, despite being a rabid anti-semite.

Ernie isn’t anti-Semitic and neither is Trump (daughter converted and married to fairly Orthodox Jew, Jewish Treasury Secretary (previously senior person in Trump campaign), very pro-Israel ambassador to both UN amd Israel itself etc etc). Trumpmis going to move the relationship between the US and Israel much further forward and much closer than it has been for the past 8 years under Obama

kimbers

Trump is going to move the process forward in a way which is will make the Palestinians realise their past folly in rejecting numerous prior offers.

That sounds just like the kind of chilling threat Trump would make, only a bit more verbose, obvs 😉

Its blindingly obvious that his muslim ban is manna from heaven for islamist recruiters, there will be a hardening in the arab world, israel will feel it, there will be more bloodshed, the cycle of violence will continue

cchris2lou

Mexican are suicide bombers ?

cchris2lou

and Trump forgot to mention the jews on Holocaust day . Not sure that went down too well .

tjagain

Jamba – even for you that is ridiculous.

kimbers

cchris2lou – Member
    and Trump forgot to mention the jews on Holocaust day . Not sure that went down too well .

Oh Im sure it was received exactly as that shitweasel and anti semite Steve Bannon intended

jambalaya
    Free Member

Well played (on the verbose). For the Palestinians it is chilling I am sorry to say. Abbas is 80 no one believes he can negotiate anything which will last. Hamas just want to fight amd destroy Israel. That’s not going to end well. If you look back at what the Palestinians could have had as a state in 1948 it’s very depressing for them, they have been consistently poorly lead. Imappreciate they with Egypt, Syria, Lebanon and Jordon thought they could obliterate Israel and “have it all” but it hasn’t worked out for them and now the others have moved on leaving them isolated.

Trump is going to base his view of Israel on Judea, the Jewish land of the old Testament from 1000BC

[video]http://youtu.be/BHsqVB9nxFY[/video]

[video]http://youtu.be/dp4f3wXwyZg[/video]

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Tom_W1987 – Member

This is why Ernie can’t bring himself to condemn Trump

I have repeatedly described Trump as “odious and obnoxious”.

I have repeatedly pointed out that Trump has “boasted of sexually assaulting women, and mocks the disabled”.

I have repeatedly described Trump as a bigot and a racist.

I have repeatedly pointed out that Trump has sown devision and hatred.

And you are waiting for me to condemn him? 😆

Tom mate, you are starting to sound as ridiculous as ninfan.

tjagain

Hi Ernie! You tell ’em!

kimbers

Trump is going to base his view of Israel on Judea, the Jewish land of the old Testament from 1000BC

well good job trump isnt going to base his actions on what genetics has shown us- that the ashkenazi jews originated in southern turkey, Erdogan would have to unleash all those warplanes we just sold him

The live streams of the demonstrations at JFK right now against Trumps latest ignominy are quite inspiring , its great to see so many people united against the kind of bigotry and stupidity Trump and his fanboys on here represent.

tjagain

I have to say I hve seen many ridiculous things on STW and on this thread but Jambas assertion that ” Israel is the best place in the Middle East for a Muslim Arab to live. Especially a homosexual or transgender one. Best health care, best human rights, open democracy” and toms assertion that Ernie is an antisemite are probably unbeatable.

Lifer
    Free Member

Talking about stupidity, not only was his daughter registered to vote in two states during the election, but so were Bannon, Spicer, Kushner and Mnuchin

tjagain

Jamba – this is the remains of the hospital and university in Gaza after the israelis made sure they all had good healthcare

jambalaya
    Free Member

TJ the Isrealis built a hospital in Gaza prior to their withdrawl in 2005, in order to protect against Egyptain attacks much is underground. Hamas use much of the space now for military purposes. Hamas use UN schools, residential areas and hospitals to store and launch missiles. I can post you a link of Isreali’s treating injured Syrians who approach the border for assistance.

Obama has been the most pro-Palestinian President since Carter (Bush would not even say the word). The Palestinians continue to make bad choices, sadly it’s my belief they will regret very much not moving forward with negotiations in 2014. The next offer they get is going to be materially worse.

Trumps first Weekly Address

[video]http://youtu.be/N0CSUhF4tyA[/video]

mangoman
    Free Member

It’s only been a week and his hair’s already getting lazy. I give it a month before it’s fallen off the top and cascading down his back, in solidarity with his voting public.

Lifer
    Free Member

And I can quote the ex-heads of Shin Bet who say things like

“We are making the lives of millions unbearable, into prolonged human suffering, [and] it kills me,” Carmi Gillian

and

“[We’ve become] a brutal occupation force similar to the Germans in World War II,” Avraham Shalom

mikewsmith
    Free Member

A Syrian family with visas to travel to the US was prevented from boarding a flight bound from Paris to Atlanta on Saturday, and returned to their departure airport of Beirut, Lebanese airport sources said.

Cairo airport officials said five Iraqi passengers and one Yemeni were barred from boarding an EgyptAir flight to New York despite holding valid US visas.

Two Iraqi men, a former US government worker and the husband of a former US security contractor, who had visas to enter America, were also detained on Friday night (local time) at a New York airport.

One of the men has since been released, and immigration lawyers have lodged a lawsuit on their behalf.

Two travellers with dual Canadian and Iranian citizenship were also barred from boarding planes in Canada that were headed to the US, officials said.
    http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2017-01-29/trump-immigration-crackdown-causes-chaos-panic-anger-worldwide/8220808?pfmredir=sm

“It’s working out very nicely. You see it at the airports, you see it all over,” Mr Trump said, after denying the immigration halt was a Muslim ban.

Quite simply he is a piece of shit. A racist who likes to see people suffer.

cchris2lou

He is going to have to build a wall with Canada too after their PM said he was welcoming people turned away from the US .

Northwind

So that’s a friend of mine banned from entering America. His job? International student recruitment. He helps American kids study and work abroad and british kids study and work in America, he’s a British citizen, but now he’s been banned from the country to “prevent terrorism”. If you can’t see this is messed up, what hope for you?

Jamie
    Free Member

If he is traveling on British Passport no, otherwise, yes. 🙄

I’m new to politics threads, so how does this work then? Does Chekwk post an apology, or just ignore the fact they were wrong, and pretend they never said something blatantly untrue?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

No he just rants off in another direction like the other 2 attention seekers. Be sure though that their devotion to the dear leader is strong and unwavering.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Jamie – Member
    If he is traveling on British Passport no, otherwise, yes.
    I’m new to politics threads, so how does this work then? Does Chekwk post an apology, or just ignore the fact they were wrong, and pretend they never said something blatantly untrue?

The chewkw generator carries on regardless!

ninfan
    Free Member

Why would he apologise

It’s apologising that lost lefties the election!

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JaC1-U8LIY0[/video]

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Why would he apologise

It’s apologising that lost lefties the election!
    And racism, xenophobia, hate, division and lies that won it for him? You must be so proud. Now righties sounds wrong as a word how about fascists?

somafunk

Scottish vet refused flight

I’m not bothered by trump sounding off with his irrational rants, that’s to be expected as he’s a **** balloon (as are those who place their trust in him) but I honestly thought there would be some form of checks & balance working behind the scenes of the whitehouse to dampen down his irrational rants and presidential orders but that appears to not be the case.

If the orange tinged **** ever comes to Scotland again I’ll try my damnest to ensure he gets a taste of his own policies, or I may just save a few foul eggs from the hens to pelt him with, should be more than worth a few days in jail to see him smacked in the face

mikewsmith
    Free Member

and in what is unfortuinatly an entirely predictable outcome

When another person tried to calm him down, Brown said Rhodes moved away from the door and Khan ran out of the office. Rhodes followed her, got down on his knees and began to bow down in imitation of a Muslim praying, shouted obscenities and said “Trump is here now. He will get rid of all of you. You can ask Germany, Belgium and France about these kind of people. You see what happens,” Brown said.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/01/27/prosecutor-man-attacks-muslim-airline-employee-at-jfk.html

kerley
    Free Member

I honestly thought there would be some form of checks & balance working behind the scenes of the whitehouse to dampen down his irrational rants and presidential orders but that appears to not be the case.

I naively thought/hoped the same as I didn’t fully understand the presidential orders bit. Glad we don’t have these in the UK….

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Glad we don’t have these in the UK….

Just about sums up what the Supreme court said recently in the UK. Also good to see the US courts are happy to put a stop on the orders for a time and get some scrutiny on the legality of the order.

outofbreath
    Free Member

“I honestly thought there would be some form of checks & balance working behind the scenes”

Me too, and I think there still are:

http://blogs.findlaw.com/law_and_life/2014/01/what-are-executive-orders-what-are-their-limits.html

Viewing 40 posts - 5,081 through 5,120 (of 23,121 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.