Viewing 40 posts - 5,041 through 5,080 (of 23,163 total)
  • Donald! Trump!
  • ernie_lynch
    Free Member

And to Donald Trump.

ninfan
    Free Member

You always have to be on guard against fascists like trump and farage. nifan.

Please call me a leftie nifan..I need some flattery.

Stalin, Pol Pot, Mao and Tito were lefties as well. do we need to be on our guard against people like them too?

edenvalleyboy
    Free Member

I agree completely – many a leftie has been a dictator.

Same as many a man has been a serial killer. Doesn’t mean one has to be associated by default to a particular behaviour of said category.

slowoldman

Extremists are like shit. Spread out they do a bit of good but in a pile they stink.

metalheart
    Free Member

Soooo, May (the female pm) is fair game for anal jokes now that she held Trump’s hand.

May’s ass got patriarched

And to think that some of you didn’t believe in #WomensMarch.

Don’t worry, it’s only locker room talk, so it doesn’t count….

DrJ

Putin must be laughing himself hoarse over Trump’s latest stupidity – US alienates every Muslim in the known universe from ISIS terrorists to little old ladies, queues form at the recruiting offices of every bunch of nutjobs in the region, and in the space vacated by Washington, a hungry bear licks its chops!

wilburt
    Free Member

Why arent Saudi’s on his banned list?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Because they’ve got loads of oil. And money.

seosamh77
    Free Member

wilburt – Member

cause it’s just the first attack against iran, and the saudis are the “good guys” in that particular fight.

Iran is the ultimate prize here.

thepurist

So if there’s no terrorist attack on the US over the next few months Trump claims victory. If there is an attack then Trump claims his measures have been vindicated and extends the ban to anyone who looks a funny colour (except orange), anyone with a funny sounding name and anyone who dresses funny. Unless they’ve got oil.

Meanwhile those who seek to radicalise have a clear message about US (sic) and Them, making their task easier.

And if some crazy white American goes on a shooting spree killing innocent people Trump will stand up for the right to bear arms and defend the American way,leaving weapons in the hands of anyone who wants them.

Don’t make no sense.

ninfan
    Free Member

Duh! Because the Saudi government is stable and is working in conjunction with the US to offer effective pre-visa vetting of their citizens.

Hardly rocket surgery is it?

You might also notice that he hasn’t introduced restrictions on Indonesia (largest Muslim population in the world) Pakistan (second), India (third) or Bangladesh (fourth) – so far from ‘alienating every Muslim in the known universe’ he has completely left alone the 43% of global Muslims living in those four countries alone.

Still, we wouldn’t want any inconvenient facts to get in the way of outraged virtue-signalling leftie rhetoric, would we?

outofbreath
    Free Member

“You might also notice that he hasn’t introduced restrictions on Indonesia (largest Muslim population in the world) Pakistan (second), India (third) or Bangladesh (fourth) – so far from ‘alienating every Muslim in the known universe’ he has completely left alone the 43% of global Muslims living in those four countries alone.”

I hadn’t noticed that, good point.

Lifer
    Free Member

I thought he had a problem with people who cut other people’s heads off? Or was he himself virtue signalling when he said

“When they’re chopping off the heads of our people, and other people… when ISIS is doing things that nobody has ever heard of since medieval times, would I feel strongly about waterboarding? As far as I’m concerned, we have to fight fire with fire,”

wilburt
    Free Member

Where did the 9-11 hijackers come from? Who’s bank rolling ISIS and that chap Bin Laden where did he come from?

tjagain

He hasn’t banned people from those countries because he has business interests in them.

vinnyeh

He hasn’t banned people from those countries because he has business interests in them.

I’d assumed he hasn’t banned them because the US doesn’t get refugee applications from them. It’s crude and unfair instrument, but I presume that he doesn’t want to admit folk without adequate documentation/proof of identity.

DrJ

You might also notice that he hasn’t introduced restrictions on Indonesia (largest Muslim population in the world) Pakistan (second), India (third) or Bangladesh (fourth) – so far from ‘alienating every Muslim in the known universe’ he has completely left alone the 43% of global Muslims living in those four countries alone.

Aah I see. So Muslims in the countries not named by Trump will be perfectly fine with the persecution of their co-religionists.

Still, don’t let common sense get in the way of your silly trolling.

DrJ

I’d assumed he hasn’t banned them because the US doesn’t get refugee applications from them. It’s crude and unfair instrument, but I presume that he doesn’t want to admit folk without adequate documentation/proof of identity.

That’s a total non-sequitur. The people banned are not just refugees – they even include Green Card holders.

ninfan
    Free Member

The prime minister of Bangladesh doesn’t seem to be one of those he has “alienated” with his “anti-Muslim rhetoric”

AD

Err – that is dated in November last year…

vinnyeh

That’s a total non-sequitur. The people banned are not just refugees – they even include Green Card holders.

It’s a poorly implemented (interim) policy, with side effects that were either unintended, or considered acceptable to achieve the goal.

tjagain

Its a clear piece of propaganda driven nonsense. Refugees and muslims are not the problem.

DrJ

It’s a poorly implemented (interim) policy, with side effects that were either unintended, or considered acceptable to achieve the goal.

I’m sure the folk now prevented from getting back to their families, jobs and classrooms will take a similarly enlightened view.

DrJ

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

I would have thought that Muslims around the world would band together in this complete and utter absurdity. I would also have thought that your average Trump voter won’t have the brains to tell the difference between an Indonsian and Syrian, once they hear the word Muslim.
    I would hope that all Muslims are indeed affronted.
    I’m happy to join anyone who condems terrorists, except those that I think are freedom fighters.

vinnyeh

I’m sure the folk now prevented from getting back to their families, jobs and classrooms will take a similarly enlightened view.

What’s your problem? Is this your normal method of engagement?

I’m just posting the explanation, not advocating it.

ninfan
    Free Member

Muslims around the world would band together

You think that Trump stopping refugees coming in will change 1300 years of Muslims killing each other?

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

You think that Trump stopping refugees coming in will change 1300 years of Muslims killing each other?

If the Catholics and Protestants can do it, who knows?

taxi25
    Free Member

why was the point being made silly trolling ? It seemed perfectly reasonable to me. Muslims aren’t a single entity, some unaffected might be upset but many others won’t be.

Still, we wouldn’t want any inconvenient facts to get in the way of outraged virtue-signalling leftie rhetoric, would we?

I’m pretty neutral politically, but on this thread the above is becoming all to true, IMHO.

scotroutes

Or he was, you know, being polite and gentlemanly.

Junkyard
    Free Member

he is , you know, well known for being polite and gentlemanly

kimbers

So now Theresa May refusing to condemn Trumps actions drags her into his latest debacle.

Always wash your hands after touching something shitty!

[video]https://youtu.be/1vdk09KRnAM[/video]

iolo
    Free Member

The China situation could get very interesting.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXVED_i5xkk[/video]

Jamie
    Free Member

Wait….so Sir Mo Farrah is now banned from the US?

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Stalin, Pol Pot, Mao and Tito were lefties as well. do we need to be on our guard against people like them too?

The far left and far right have more in common with each other than the rest of the political spectrum.

This is why Ernie can’t bring himself to condemn Trump, despite being a rabid anti-semite.

chewkw
    Free Member

Jamie – Member
    Wait….so Sir Mo Farrah is now banned from the US?

If he is traveling on British Passport no, otherwise, yes. 🙄

Mercia can ban who they want and as they like, nothing to do with the rest of the world.

mikey74
    Free Member

Aah I see. So Muslims in the countries not named by Trump will be perfectly fine with the persecution of their co-religionists.

Not to mention the racist fervour such policies incite.

tjagain

Tom – that is libelous. Ernie may be many things but he is not a bigot in any form. He, like I, and many other abhor what the Israeli state is doing to the Palestinians but that does not make us anti semites. It makes us people who hate injustice and the apartheid state Israel has become

Jamie
    Free Member

If he is traveling on British Passport no, otherwise, yes

You sure about that?

Like really really, sure?

As an aside, being giving the rolly eyes treatment by Chekwk. Heh.

Viewing 40 posts - 5,041 through 5,080 (of 23,163 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.