• This topic has 23,120 replies, 784 voices, and was last updated 1 day ago by nickc.
Viewing 40 posts - 4,841 through 4,880 (of 23,121 total)
  • Donald! Trump!
  • wilburt
    Free Member

He’s a **** nutjob and to hear a US president advocate Torturing people is scary.

Even allowing for him being full of shite and never actually doing it what kind of message does it send to all the other nutjobs who might.

It a **** charter.

Junkyard
    Free Member

he has alternative facts to explain that one

CaptJon
    Free Member

ninfan – Member

But that doesn’t really anwer the question as to whether it is or isn’t illegal torture does it?

What would legal torture be?

outofbreath
    Free Member

Putting someone in prison for 20 years.

Junkyard
    Free Member

IIRC its what you do after a legal kidnapping

GrahamS

Oh good apparently Mrs May is going present The Donald with a quaich.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-38756197

“The gift of an engraved quaich reflects the US President’s Scottish ancestry”

I wonder what they engraved it with.
    Hopefully some messages from the people of Scotland.

ninfan
    Free Member

Lol. As “proof”, they say:

“Despite being issued with a National Security Agency-made “hardened” phone, Trump’s social media activity indicates he is still using an Android. The NSA devices, which are secured with biometric authentication, are restricted to only downloading secure apps from the Defense Information Systems Agency’s store. It is highly unlikely that Trump could download Twitter onto such a device.”

I wonder how Obama managed to use Twitter for all that time then?

akira

Maybe Obama had a computer….

bencooper
    Free Member

Meanwhile his press secretary has accidentally tweeted his password, two days in a row.

BadlyWiredDog

I’m just going to leave this here. Apologies if it’s been done already, but I can’t face trawling back through the swamp.

dirksdiggler
    Free Member

Not sure why he’d feel a need to do that at this point though
    Probably similar reasons to what van jones suggests about voter fraud – a distraction

Enrange the masses whilst pushing through thoughtless changes to enrich your swamp dwelling fossil fuel buddies

BoardinBob

Donald Trump’s beautiful big family was there. His favorite childhood dog was there, too, back from the farm where he still lives to this day.

😆

BoardinBob

I wonder how you’re allowed out the house without adult supervision.

ninfan
    Free Member

I refer the honourable gentlemen to the reply I gave some moments ago:

What is it about lefties that whenever they can’t win on the points they resort to personal insults? I thought being ‘progressive’ and standing for social justice and equality meant you were all better than that, and that’s why you were all able to maintain the righteous moral high ground? Turns out that it’s just a skin deep facade…

Donald! Trump!

BoardinBob

Can you honestly not work out Obama’s method of tweeting vs Chump’s?

Pigface
    Free Member

I refer the honourable gentlemen to the reply I gave some moments ago:

You really are struggling 😆

ninfan
    Free Member

Which justifies the abusive tantrum how?

🙄

Lefties: (sweary warning)

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8jA-kXZgf8o[/video]

REEEEEE! 😀

BoardinBob

Lefties:

Righties

I know which side I’m happy to be on

ninfan
    Free Member

Well, That’s what happens when you leave the lab kit out…

https://mobile.twitter.com/autumpatrice/status/823164742646845444

binners

So the Mexican president has snubbed The Trumpet. Somewhat unsurprisingly.

Hope nobody has got any Holidays in Mexico booked….

Junkyard
    Free Member

he cannot afford the cost due to having to pay for a wall

ninfan
    Free Member

So the Mexican president has snubbed The Trumpet. Somewhat unsurprisingly.

More #fakenews? – Trump told him that if he wasn’t going to pay then cancel the meeting.

poah
    Free Member

won’t they pay through a reduction of aid that goes to Mexico?

martinhutch

US gives about 50million dollars in aid to Mexico annually. Cancelling that entirely means the wall should be paid for in about 80 years. Assuming the estimates of a 4bn bill are correct. Sad!

DrJ

Lefties: (sweary warning)

There we go – it wasn’t really a ninfan afternoon without at least one hilarious picture, was it?

akira

Wall will cost $20bn+ accordingly to a few building experts. So it’ll be paid for in about 400 years.

piemonster

Are you including the increased maintenance and staffing costs, plus the boosted Coast Guard resource needed to stem the Carribean migrant route?

ninfan
    Free Member

There we go – it wasn’t really a ninfan afternoon without at least one hilarious picture, was it?

It wasn’t a picture…

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Despite what ninfan claims torture is completely illegal under US law. Which of course is precisely why torture has taken place in Guantanamo Bay Cuba away from the jurisdiction of US courts – they don’t take prisoners to Cuba for the sunshine and the beaches.

Or else they kidnap them and torture them in another country which is friendly with the US, extraordinary rendition is a fancy term which sounds harmless and means exactly that.

I can’t say I’ve noticed anyone mentioning the International Court of Justice btw, we really need to move from this mindset which thinks that such things don’t apply to the US governments/presidents.

If the Unites States isn’t complying with international law then we should be talking about sanctions, including sanctions targeted at individuals with their overseas assets frozen.

Sure, there’s no realistic likelihood of sanctions being imposed on the US and Trump, but we should at least be talking about it. It’s only by talking about things that even the vaguest possibility can be considered.

US governments/presidents are not God’s chosen people, their belief that they can do whatever they like with complete impunity is not acceptable.

EDIT : Just to be clear UK governments, including so-called ‘Labour governments’, don’t have a blemish free record when it comes to torture. And I don’t think the fact that George Bush was a bit more secretive than Trump about his fondness for torture somehow makes it more acceptable.

salad_dodger

Quite a few vacancies in the State Department now after the entire senior management team resigned.

poah
    Free Member

would be cheaper to mine the border lol

kerley
    Free Member

Quite a few vacancies in the State Department now after the entire senior management team resigned.

Were they part of the swamp?

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

How is the remodelling of Mt Trumpmore going?

akira

So, the media pettiness continues.Do you wave when you get on a plane? I am sure Washington and Adams didn’t either.Bother you?

Loving this from a pro trump Twitter dude.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@poah amd @akira I posted an example earlier of how it might be paid for.

Mexicans (I assume) send $25bn per anum back to Mexico from the US, the vast majority in smaller cash amounts and often through money senders like Western Union that do not require ID. A charge of 5% (no more than money transfers already charge) would yield $1.25bn pa. Wall estimate is $14bn. A daily visa charge to enter the US, 1 million Mexicans cross daily. Renegotiation / cancelling NAFTA with tarifs used for wall.

Northwind

kerley – Member

Were they part of the swamp?

A side story to watch- CNN reports they were fired, officials quoted as saying it’s part of “clearing house”.

jambalaya
    Free Member

US system is different to ours, they are not civil service but political appointees, a new President would expect to make 5000 appointments. Trump fired all tye Ambassadors which in of itself isn’t unusual, just normally replacements are lined up first. Trump just didn’t bother except for Israel, UK and UN

kelvin

One for science fans…

https://twitter.com/ap/status/824374557893083146

BREAKING: Trump administration mandating EPA scientific studies, data undergo review by political staff before public release.

akira

Jambalaya, does trump have the ability to do that though. Most of the orders he’s been flinging out haven’t had any research behind them, Obama had a few weeks of changes and lawyers going over stuff to make sure the orders he did were legal and possible. These details seem not to bother trump though

Viewing 40 posts - 4,841 through 4,880 (of 23,121 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.