Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • Dogs why do they roll in……………
  • richc
    Free Member

mine likes eating everything, and rolling in anything, was getting washed 3 times a week and yes, I know you aren't supposed too however the stench means that you cannot be in the same room as him, once he has covered himself, and swimming in pools/rivers does nothing to water down the smell.

worst yet was when he found a rotting fox corpse, and was rolling in it and when I chased him off him would pick it up by its (rotting) head and run off with it trailing the corpse behind him, with bits falling off until at a safe distance and do it again. **** got jetwashed for that one.

BigJohn

One of the most expensive ingredients in the most expensive perfume is ambergris. It's whale poo.

richc
    Free Member

shame its not fox/badger/deer poo, as if it was I could make some serious cash.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

wolves do it

dogs are the same species as wolves 🙂

richc
    Free Member

Dogs are a subspecies of wolf. The Wolf is "Canis lupus" and the dog is "Canis lupus familiaris"

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Dogs are a subspecies of wolf.

but can still interbreed… presumably if not eaten instead ?

richc
    Free Member

apparently, the wikipedia entry is kinda weird and I should imagine the result isn't the cleverest thing to own.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolf-dog_hybrid

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

the result isn't the cleverest thing to own.

or too clever ?

KT1973
    Free Member

For that she uses reggae reggae sauce with a touch lea and perrins.

PMSL

anagallis_arvensis

the ability to interbreed and produce viable offspring is a good guide to what makes a species, it is however more complicated than that.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

horse/donkey = mule ?

anagallis_arvensis

very good simon, your point being?

anagallis_arvensis

Lolium perenne x Festuca pratensis = Festulolium loliaceum which is viable

richc
    Free Member

or too clever ?

I've got a reasonably bright dog; he can open doors by twisting the knob with his teeth, open the washing machine and sort through coats to find treats in the pockets and if he can't get the zip, he tears out the pocket from the inside of the coat as its easier.

So screw owning a dog brighter than that.

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

Today I "scent marked" the dog – was taking an al fresco piss midway through our walk, when she came up behind me and stuck her head between my legs. She seemed remarkably unfazed, although the wife is less than impressed that our dog stinks of wee…

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

very good simon, your point being?

beats me 🙂

Inbred456
    Free Member

My deerhound/lurcher used to love to roll in fox sh!t. That is ten times smellier than dog sh!t cos they eat anything! I'd give anything to have him back no matter how bad he smelt. Dogs don't you just luv em!

corroded
    Free Member

I caught our Goldie eating a well-rotted fish on the beach once. Looked like a bass. I managed to retrieve the skeleton from her throat just as it was going down. The rest of the fish reappeared all over the inside of my car a short while later. I've never sworn so extensively or inventively before or since.

johnners
    Free Member

This thread raises the question "Why on Earth do people own dogs?"

PikeBN14
    Free Member

It's strange that animals wouldn't be a little worried by a huge fox poo stalking them 😯

anagallis_arvensis

not to us

richc
    Free Member

Because they remind you that life is as much fun as you make it.

goon
    Free Member

Well, it gives you the chance to cooperate and build a two-way relationship with an entirely different species, built on trust and understanding. But in my case, mostly because Ted makes me laugh like a drain every day.

EDIT: Now I've seen Richc's answer, I prefer that! 😆

And, when it comes to lurchers, for this:

anagallis_arvensis

come here, i'll bite yer ankles

Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘Dogs why do they roll in……………’ is closed to new replies.