Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Does anyone self service their Pace Forks?
  • stabilizers

If so can you get a hold of the parts?
    I cant see them on the Pace or DT Swiss sites.

jamesb
    Free Member

Ive just got a new spring assembly for RC40 XCFR which are 2004/5 models so reckon yes you can—give them a ring

Barelyincontrol
    Free Member

There's a guy who used to work for Pace set up on his own to service them and DT versions. Can't remember his name and never used him, but support the small businesses!

stabilizers

Thanks for the replies. I'll give them a ring. I have used Pace for the servicing previously and they have been good. I am just wondering is it still worth sending older well used forks for servicing if its not too difficult to do yourself.
    I might phone the guy fromFork English as well just to see what his rates are.

pinches
    Free Member

Tim at Fork English is the guy. aka "the pace detectives"

seanoc
    Free Member

I've only had experience with XCAM 41's; they are fairly easy to service. There's a downloadable service manual on the site which isn't too hard to follow.
    If the worst happens you can always send them in to Pace in pieces.

tandemwarriors

Yep, I did a wiper seal & oil change on my RC40's last month.

Go direct to Pace for the wiper seals & foam rings as Tim doesn't stock them, he has to pay the same as us for them. Was about £30 posted from Pace.

For other parts & servicing go to Tim, also aka 'the worlds most helpful bloke' and a complete fountain of knowledge of all things boingy from Yorkshire.

Rob

Tinbred
    Free Member

it's worth doing yourself to feel just how light the lower legs are 😯

tree-magnet
    Free Member

Just make sure you use a torque wrench on the lower bolts. I snapped mine off and ended up paying 80 squids to get them fixed. 😳

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Does anyone self service their Pace Forks?’ is closed to new replies.