Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Does anyone make their own smoothies?
  • juiced
    Free Member

What are your favourites? Do you make any real healthy ones.
    My current fave involves a can of spinach, milk and a bit of protein powder.

Philby

Banana, blueberries, strawberries, sometimes some mango, semi-skimmed milk and a dollop (well a couple of large dollops) of vanilla ice cream.

juiced
    Free Member

sounds nice.i must confess to being a complete beginner. I have made others with yoghart and other mixed fruits. 😀

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Anna-B
    Free Member

Yes, only in summer when there's loads of lovely English fruit about. Strawberries are good, whatever fruit juice I fancy, and always vodka too.

juiced
    Free Member

vodka too. lol. sounds great.

farm-boy

Frozen banana (makes you think you have icecream)
    Vanilla flavored protein powder
    Milk

stuey
    Free Member

All of the above + a snickers bar (or two)

bullheart
    Free Member

Use bags of frozen fruit from the supermarkets – add juice, couple of bananas, happy days!

doug_basqueMTB.com

Every morning! Whatever softish fruit looks good in the supermarket. A couple of yoghurts and a bit of OJ. Blend, drink. If I've had a hard day on the bike then I pop some protien powder in too.

This morning it was strawberries, kiwi, pineapple, banana, OJ, 2 natural yog's.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Yup like others, for me it tends to be whatever fruit is turning! I have a habit of buying lots of fruit which doesn't keep as long in the summer.
    So the other day raspberries, strawberries, grapes, soem orange juice and a small vanilla youghurt! LUURVVELLY
    Summer fruits are the way forward for smoothies though IMO.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Milk, ice cream, banana and muesli….

Mmmmmmmmmm
    🙂

hockropper

Natalie Savona does a really good book on Juicing,she was the MILF on the faddy eaters programme, the book is brilliant

<http://www.amazon.co.uk/Big-Book-Juices-Smoothies-Vitality/dp/1904292232/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1275551791&sr=8-1&gt;

tazzymtb

most of the ones in here are fantastic!

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

Same as others, any fruit but mainly strawberies banana pineapple mango, natural yoghurt, but I also add a coconut or blueberry actimel and use alpro vanilla soya milk (this seems to thicken it up) some runny honey, and some mint can add a nice touch, protein powder if I have one for breakfast and a bit of ice when the weathers hot … yummy!

hockropper

The second book does a fantastic one which has Mango, banana, yoghurt and orange juice blended together and is just like custard, yummy

hainey
    Free Member

Used to, but why make your own when Innocent smoothies are so good!?

hockropper

Because you control whats going in them, rather than the s**t that some of them have

hainey
    Free Member

Thats why is stated Innocent rather than anything else. 🙄

asdfhjkl
    Free Member

I like mixing fruit with yoghurt. My favourite combinations are strawberry & banana, and raspberry & blueberry.

nosemineb
    Free Member

Banana, oats, honey, brownsugar, vanilla essence, milk. mmm

Keep meaning to try with ice cubes or ice cream.

fuzzhead
    Free Member

banana, strawberries, frozen blueberries, yoghurt and protein powder – maybe some oats too. yumyum

crazy-legs

Yes, makes a really good recovery drink.
    1/3rd honeydew melon, 1/2 a Galia one, a couple of apples, half a tub of plain yoghurt (that Yeo valley stuff), red grape juice, a little bit of root ginger, a teaspoon of runny honey and a sprinkling of vanilla ReGo. Makes about 3 pints of lovely pink-ish recovery drink. 🙂

IanMmmm
    Free Member

banana, porridge oats, yoghurt, honey, milk

JCornford

I'm tempted to start doing this, but I was wondering what sort of yoghurt you use, I'm guessing nice a normal muller corner!

IanMmmm
    Free Member

I use plain greek style.

donks
    Free Member

1 banana and add milk….thats it.

I like the sound of the oats though, never thought of that.

shorts_in_winter
    Free Member

half a fresh pineapple, handful of frozen berries, bit of water and a pinch of salt, awesome…. and the salt makes it.

monotokpoint
    Free Member

bananas, ice cubes, honey, milk

Warrenpfo
    Free Member

The important question to ask is what smoothy machine do you have/which is best as i need a new one which can do ice and frozen fruit. Recommendations????

bullheart
    Free Member

Hand blender'll do it!

Just had one. Strawbs, 'nanas, cranberry, blueberry,oj.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

oldgrump08
    Free Member

Any/all of raspbs, strawbs, blueb, kiwi, banana, grapes, apple, a bit of fresh ginger and a little turmeric. Yum.

allthepies
    Free Member

apple juice + ice cubes as a base then just add fruit as you can get it. I picked up a big bag of overripe bananas last week for next to nowt. Added a few bananas to said base and one cheap and lovely smoothie. Have used strawberries/mango/pineapple/apples/raspberries before. Just make it up.

juiced
    Free Member

wow. Thanks everyone.inspirational.

doug_basqueMTB.com

Had one of the best smoothies ever today. Cherries, strawberries, a banana and a squeezed lemon (from the garden :-)) with a bit of OJ. The cherries are a PITA to do but it was so worth it. My GF tasted it and instantly forgave me for going biking until 11pm last night leaving her locked out of the house for 3 hrs. It was that good!

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Does anyone make their own smoothies?’ is closed to new replies.