Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Does anyone else make their curries from scratch?
  • MrOvershoot

I have just been informed that Binners makes a mean lamb curry, probably out of a jar mind :p

Gilles

Spacemonkey: (from my panasonic breadmaker)
    1/2 tsp yeast
    225g strong white flour
    1 tsp sugar
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/2 tsp baking powder
    1 tbsp vegetable oil
    2 tbsp natural yoghurt
    100 ml water

I use the basic dough mode, last 2h20. I can do 4 naans with that dough, baked under very hot grill for 2-3 min.

Sqwubbsy
    Free Member

I always cook my curries from scratch here too.

Myself and Mrs Sqwubbsy did an Indian cookery class locally a few years ago. It's very easy to make your own pakoras too although I can't get the hang of folding the pastry for samosas.

You can't beat the "beer and curry workout" for that all round figure.

twiglet_monster
    Free Member

Another fan of the curry from scartch here 🙂

Another fan of having the time to cook it too!

It's one my great pleasures of a Saturday evening. get ALL of the spices out of the cupboard, crack a beer open, get the Bhangra Mix Tape loud on the Hifi from Iplayer and let the currying begin 🙂

TM

TN
    Free Member

My friend Gita taught me how to make potato curry when we were students and I just winged it from there.
    I've tried sauces from jars but they just have a funny texture somehow.

My favourite concoctions are sag paneer, curried chick peas, garden peas with paneer and recently I have just about nailed making split pea dal. Probably not remotely authentic but I like them and Julian won't eat take away curries now.
    I make naan from scratch, it's so easy and tastes lovely and have just about sussed the peshwari variety for J. (I like mine garlicky)

I have yet to master onion bhajis/pakoras (getting better though) and my recent experiment with sweet potato samosas is probably best forgotten. 😉

My Top Tip for cooking naan breads – use a pizza stone and get it and the oven as hot as possible. They will cook in less than 5 minutes if you get them hot enough.

teaandbiscuits
    Free Member

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Does anyone else make their curries from scratch?’ is closed to new replies.