Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Does a bimble do you any good?
  • catfood
    Free Member

Just back from a 25 or so mile bimble along the river, on the Pashley so just a civilised saunter over a few hours taking in coffee stops, a look at some lovely old cars at Brooklands and a pub lunch on the way back. I always wonder if these sorts of potters (minus the couple of pints) actually do one any good, except for the soul that is.

Perfect way to while away the day tho.

tthew

except for the soul

Isn't that enough?

(FWIW, even a walk is beneficial for your health so I reckon a 'bimble' still counts)

ampthill

I think it depends on how fit you are and how intense the activity is. But in general yes

amplebrew

I've always thought that any miles on a bike are good 🙂

There's nothing like having a chill out on the bike, soaking everything in.

Sounds like you've had a fantastic day to be honest 8)

william
    Free Member

It's got to be better than nothing.

forge197
    Free Member

I think it helps put prespective on the other rides, headed to Ae the other evening and just did the single track climb and then cruised about the fireroads taking in the view and the fresh air. It does the world of good not every ride need be like a scene from Red Bull Rampage 🙂 not that are any of mine are mind…..

rOcKeTdOg

Any cycle journey is good, Just back from a 13 mile jaunt on road and off, finishing with 2 pints at a canal side pub, slightly tiddled due to dehydration, win win I recon 🙂

rs
    Free Member

might benefit your health but not necessarily improve your fitness

zaskar
    Free Member

Yeah it's healthy and relaxing, no need to thrash but you won't improve cardio vasular by huge amounts but it's not your goal.

It's relaxing and fun! (the other part of riding!)

cynic-al
    Free Member

Nothing beats a pootle when you need one.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

might benefit your health but not necessarily improve your fitness

+1

I'd have thought anything that gets you moving your limbs has got to be good for you somehow?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

. I always wonder if these sorts of potters (minus the couple of pints) actually do one any good, except for the soul that is.

why would you care ? Riding is better than not riding. End of.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Does a bimble do you any good?’ is closed to new replies.