Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • Do you keep your sock drawer tidy?
  • petrieboy

I don’t even pair mine up, just wear them odd. This started off as a sensible time saving habit but I’m ashamed to say that now, on the odd occasion that two matching socks come out together in the sock tombola, I put one back and re-draw. Odd socks make me happy even if they probably are the equivalent of cartoon character ties 🙁

emanuel
    Free Member

oh yes..
    Only wear cycling socks.
    got one of those ikea hanging organizers.
    summer socks,medium socks,medium heavy socks.longer socks,winter socks.
    all organized and lovely,in descreasing height/weight order.
    but you should see the tshirts and shirts..
    women freak out.or want to marry me.
    rest of the house is a mess though.

LadyGresley
    Free Member

They’re in a drawer – I shut it – why would I need to keep it tidy? 😕

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Militant_biker

Paired but scattered in with underpants, gloves and belts. It’s a big drawer. Previously I had a set of small drawers and socks got their own space.

On a related note, I realised that I now don’t own a single pair of non-biking socks. I think that comes from working in a bike shop, and buying triple-packs of cycling socks on the days I forgot a dry pair to wear.

Ditto T-Shirts. All my T-shirts are biking related, free with mag subscriptions or races, added to CRC orders to get free shipping or bought at work because I’ve forgotten mine . Bar one, which was made by a biking friend to raise money to go travelling by bike. So it’s sort of biking.

Pieface

All paired but totally random.

philconsequence
    Free Member

my white socks all look the same, by black socks all look the same… no need to pair them, but mrsconsequence does anyway 🙂

juan
    Free Member

got one of those ikea hanging organizers.

Link please…

bikebouy
    Free Member

Ikea storeage linky
    http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/categories/departments/bedroom/10452/

Just to bring you upto date with this mornings dressing, I picked up a pair of black and red toed socks that were paired up, my hand went in the drawer, I chose a pair, I put on pair.

I thank you

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

bikebuoy – no ‘sock stress’ for you today then 😆

I’m not wearing socks today, but the couple of secs it takes to pair some socks of a normal morning thankfully causes me little worry.

emsz
    Free Member

tights, they were in my Floordrobe, no stress 😆

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

emsz – when you get a bit older, with a fair wind behind you, you may also be able to afford the luxury of a spare room to perfrom the Floordrobe function for you…

Dirty stuff on the floor, clean stuff on the drier or the bed. It’s a beautifully simple system and keeps my sock draw empty for keeping emptiness in.

chomp
    Free Member

paired if I can be arsed, if not chucked in the drawer

I too prefer wearing odd socks, although only when the main colour is a match, and the toes/heel/stripe etc differs

glad I’m not the only one 🙂

Stoner
    Free Member

you’re all doin it rong.

I have 6 pairs of socks in the drawer.
    they are identical (bridgedale mid weights).
    wear the same socks for work, casual, hiking, riding
    no need to organise, just grab two from the drawer with your eyes closed, knowing they’re a matching pair
    🙂 lazy OCD

bikebouy
    Free Member

Hahaha, nope no stress today.

Ahh the drier/hanger erm’ yes that does get used to hang clean clothes on too, you know worn once stuff. In fact it’s boasting last nights smelly bibs/baggies/thermal L/S and snot covered gloves.. the wet socks are drying before they go in the wash.

Ta dah..

I feel smug.

emsz
    Free Member

See, stoner, blokes have it easy, I just imagined just having one sort of socks, and had to have a sit down!!

Yeti, given the amount of shit I seems to have accumulated, I think I’d be in the spare room and the floordrobe would be the main bedroom. 😆

miaowing_kat
    Free Member

gah, clothes don’t go on the floor!

fwiw – one drawer with tights and socks – all paired, neat and tidy. one drawer with underwear, folded and sorted into panties, bras, nighties etc.

but then again, I also iron my bedding so I do realise I’m a bit of a freak 😐

samuri
    Free Member

Thank god the voice of reason at last. I was getting seriously worried there until Stoner pipped in.

Buy ankle length, black, cotton socks. Don’t buy any others. Then use those socks for everything. No need to roll ’em up, no need to match ’em. Just grab two socks no matter what you’re doing. Anything else is bordering on being a girl.

philconsequence
    Free Member

but…

but…

but you sleep in the bedding? thats like ironing clothes when you’re jsut going to wear em anyway!

MADNESS!

(and i’m qualified to identify madness)

bikebouy
    Free Member

I like the John Lewis “coloured toe/heal/black” socks, they’ve a multicoloured variety, and we all know what variety is don’t we campers..

philconsequence
    Free Member

code for something sinister? 😯

emsz
    Free Member

*Is impressed with miowing kat’s ironing/organising skills*

Ironed bedsheets ONCE, never again.

emsz
    Free Member

LOLing at Phil.

organised fun?

samuri
    Free Member

I caught my wife ironing mine and my son’s underpants the other day. I’ve ordered her not to do that any more.

Like that’ll make a difference.

mema
    Free Member

Im so glad there is someone else who irons bedding…ironed white bedding you cant beat it! When I say white there are oil marks at the bottom of the duvet cover since my bike sits at the end of the bed of course!

cliffyc
    Free Member

Use the dividers from wine boxes,cut ’em to right depth with a serrated edge knife.Take care (don’t come running to me,if you hack off a leg!).Ask nicely at Off-Licence or local supermarket/store you can usually get boxes gratis.Sorry Lakeland,(mum scottish+ dad yorkshire = like a bargain!!).Washing socks inside-out keeps the looped pile on techie socks fluffy!.

organic355
    Free Member

Umm, since when were “Disney” socks cool?

Stoner
    Free Member

Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘Do you keep your sock drawer tidy?’ is closed to new replies.