Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Do HMRC actually want my money?
  • Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

OK, for all of you out there who have to contend with Self Assessment, just how **** difficult can they make it to pay?

I've got a self assessment login to get into the HMRC website thats a ridiculous 12 alphanumeric figures long

Then an alphanumeric password thats 12 figures long – thats over 4,000,000,000,000,000,000 fricking different combinations! Why?

Then, on top of that I need my ten figure unique taxpayer reference

And then the bstards ask me for that stupid verified by visa thing, AAARGGH!

Look whats wrong with my frigging NI number? does it really need to be this ridiculously complex? 👿

uplink
    Free Member

And then the bstards ask me for that stupid verified by visa thing, AAARGGH

is that not generated by your bank rather than [strike]the grim reaper[/strike] tax office?

warton
    Free Member

would you prefer it to be easier, then would you not care if someone got in and totally fcuked up your tax records?

Have you got them written down in front of you, do you have problems reading and typing?

0/10

Who_else
    Free Member

"Your password has expired. Please contact online support"

"Because you did not activate your online password within 28 days we deleted your account"

"It will take 7 days to get a new account set up and password sent out to you"

"You will be charged a penalty of £100 for late submission of your tax return unless the tax you are due to pay is paid by the 31st of January"

I love HMRC.

crispybacon
    Free Member

OK, for all of you out there who have to contend with Self Assessment, just how **** difficult can they make it to pay?

You can always pay over the phone if the internet thing is getting on your thrupenny bits 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I just get my accountant to do it. Much easier. 😛

john_drummer
    Free Member

"Your password has expired. Please contact online support"

"Because you did not activate your online password within 28 days we deleted your account"

"It will take 7 days to get a new account set up and password sent out to you"

"You will be charged a penalty of £100 for late submission of your tax return unless the tax you are due to pay is paid by the 31st of January"

I love HMRC.

not like they haven't been giving you plenty of notice.

Your born. You earn. You die. You pay taxes. Four inevitable (ok, three) facts of life.
    You KNOW the tax year ends on the 5th April. You KNOW the tax return is due NO LATER than 31st January. Why leave it to the last minute and then panic because your login details don't work.
    If you chose to file a paper return it would have been due a month ago.

MTFU.

BTW I just did mine, it took all of 10 minutes. It's called "being prepared"

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

BTW I just did mine, it took all of 10 minutes. It's called "being prepared"

Oooooh….get you girlfriend 😛

john_drummer
    Free Member

besides, Mrs Drummer works for HMRC 😉

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Zulu – its a massive conspiracy to get even more money from you by deception. they really are out to get you.

Its the lizards fault.

Who_else
    Free Member

You don't come across as someone who is prepared. You seem a bit uptight and tetchy.

DavidB
    Free Member

I know the reason why it is a 12 digit number.. I cannot reveal it as I worked on the project under non-disclosure..but the reasoning is "interesting" 🙂

antigee

"interesting" i found the 31 letters confirmation of receipt code a little weighty – if the plan was to be secure from GCHQ interlopers then it was money well spent i'm sure

bassspine
    Free Member

I walk down to the local post office and pay over the counter, I'm not a Luddite, I just like a human signature and a PO stamp with date and time when I'm giving the revenooers my money.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Do HMRC actually want my money?’ is closed to new replies.