Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • DIY helmet torch mounts
  • docrobster
    Free Member

I’ve just bought one of the cheepy cheep torch/bike lights from HK off of ebay. Seems like it might be worth a try helmet mounted. How do folks helmet mount these things? Just a couple of zip ties or something more sophisticated?
    Pics of your creations welcomed!
    Ta

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

I zip-tie one of those things that holds a pump onto your frame. Stick bit of inner tube under it nd it’ll stop your helmet getting scratched.

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

There’s nothing worse than a scratched helmet.

docrobster
    Free Member

I’ve got a few of those lying around the shed I’ll see what I can come up with. Cheers

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I use velcro if possible – to breakaway if you hit it.

nunuboogie
    Free Member

my make shift one using hope mount.
    linky

mike_check
    Free Member

Pump holder with velcro strap and a re-useable zip-tie going through the bottle cage holes on the mount, bit of velcro on the helmet to stop it slipping about while I tighten the zip-tie! Quite lucky with the vent positions that let it fit nicely and keep the zip-tie out of the way of my head!

docrobster
    Free Member

Excellent work chaps!
    I have a project for the weekend.

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

Thanks folks!
    Was just going to start a thread on this.
    Any others out there? I’m trying to mount a relatively heavy P7 torch on a Fox Flux.

raversknee
    Free Member

YoKaiser, just got this with my new torch and magicshine – v impressed with the lights but the velcro on the mounting isn’t long enough for my vent positions. Thinking of sending back or bodging – how long is yours ooh-er?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘DIY helmet torch mounts’ is closed to new replies.