Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Disposing of personal documents
  • mikey74
    Free Member

I have loads of papers that will take far too long to shred, and will probably kill my shredder. Any suggestions?

I might just get a garden incinerator and burn them.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Nothing says “Dodgy” quite like a man stood in his back garden burning official looking documents in brazier. 😉

RealMan
    Free Member

Eat them?

There’s been a thread on here exactly the same before I think, worth a search.

Stoner
    Free Member

I heard you had to destroy them with a sledge hammer?

(& LOL @ mW 😉 )

mikey74
    Free Member

Hahaha very true muppet

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I usually barbeque mine.

AlasdairMc

Put them in a bag with a dog poo, ensuring nobody will open it.

(Courtesy of the Viz)

takisawa2

Chuck them in a bin in Parliament Square. That’s how MP’s get rid of stuff.

Hohum
    Free Member

RealMan – Member
    Eat them?

There’s been a thread on here exactly the same before I think, worth a search.

You would need the services of Monsieur Mange Tout to help you out there!

CaptJon
    Free Member

kill them with water

Kevsterjw
    Free Member

Kill with fire. How I do it.

globalti
    Free Member

Soak in water and compress into briquettes, allow to dry then toast your tootsies on the resulting warm fire.

grantway
    Free Member

mikey74 – Member
    I have loads of papers that will take far too long to shred, and will probably kill my shredder. Any suggestions?

I might just get a garden incinerator and burn them.

Obviously burn them
    what came first the Chicken or the Brain

mikey74
    Free Member

Obviously burn them what came first the Chicken or the Brain

FFS and there was me thinking that this was a forum, a place where a free exchange of ideas is welcomed and people can dip their toes in a deep pool of knowledge and experience. Obviously not.

A) I do not currently have the facility to burn the documents, and therefore I will need to buy said incinerator.
    B) There are companies who do shredding of sensitive materials, but I suspect that this is only economic with high volumes of material. However, it does suggest that there may be other options.
    C) Once I have got rid of the backlog I have at the moment, I can go back to using my shredder, and therefore this will essentially be a one-off exercise.

I didn’t realise that this was such an unreasonable query that it only warrants sarcastic and rude responses.

konabunny
    Free Member

One of the few advantages of being a pasty-faced cubicle-dwelling desk jockey is that there are shredding bins at work for dumping all your crap in.

deluded
    Free Member

What about a splendid papier mache sculpture?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Disposing of personal documents’ is closed to new replies.