Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Did anyone ever get a reply from Sandman bikes?
  • stills8tannorm
    Free Member

Just wondering if anyone emailed and got any response. I really like the look of them but buying a frame doesn’t seem easy.

There seemed to be a bit of interest when they cropped up on a snow bike thread a few weeks ago … I think paul78 posted a picture of his frame.

Cheers
    Stuart

trail_rat
    Free Member

Nope no reply here – shame i fancied a kalihari !

Dont like the salsa

Pug is nice though

joop
    Free Member

Nope here too! I emailed lots of times on both adresses and no reply. I don’t understand: they’re my neighbours..

I want the Gobi!

Woody
    Free Member

Emailed them again today. All I can assume is that the guy is so inundated with work that he hasn’t time to check his mail!

joop

Why don’t you visit him ?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Nice business model…ignore your potential customers!

On that basis alone, I’m out!

trail_rat
    Free Member

i have had a response – i now own one …..

i used the sales@sandman one

he is a very helpful chap !

firestarter
    Free Member

How long was the process doesn’t look a long wait looking at thread times any pics or details

trail_rat
    Free Member

i bought a used one but asked him a few questions …..

was posted today – look out for pictures once built !

Woody
    Free Member

Where on earth did you find a used one TR, was it an ex-demo or something?

trail_rat
    Free Member

on this here forum woody …..

was looking for a pugsley but this is lighter , nicer looking and not running offset wheels !

firestarter
    Free Member

What is the whole offset wheels lark I’m confused. I’m after a frame and forks I could ideally strip all the gear from my karate monkey and fit it to a fat bike and run as a 29er when a wanted or a fat bike just by swapping wheels. Not too sure on the pros or cons on running 135 spacing up front either

myheadsashed

Yes traded many emails with him and was very keen on getting one as it’s what I want for a good price however recent email have dried up. The full site was supposed to be up and running at the beginning of Novemeber.
    He must be snowed under (no pun) for the prices he was asking he could have made a killing.

myheadsashed

Yes traded many emails with him and was very keen on getting one as it’s what I want for a good price however recent email have dried up. The full site was supposed to be up and running at the beginning of November.
    He must be snowed under (no pun) for the prices he was asking he could have made a killing.

Woody
    Free Member

Doh – how did I miss that 🙁 but looking forward to the pics TR

Amazed that somebody didn’t snap up the whole bike built for £1k !

trail_rat
    Free Member

I would have was I not already stockpiling bits for a pugsley so had alot of the bits I needed !

I want o powder coat the frame and rims in genisis lime 🙂 black is boring 🙂

Woody
    Free Member

Posted in the wrong thread re reply from sandman. I’ve also asked for frame only price on the Atacama and will post when received.
    HERE

Woody
    Free Member

Conrad has sent me some more info and a very nice pic of an Atacama which will be slightly cheaper than the Kalahari. Approx weights in medium as follows :-
    Kalahari 2250g
    Atacama 1950g
    Gobi 1750g

All I have to do now is decide what to sell to fund it 😐

daveells
    Free Member

These bikes look awesome.Must resist…..

firestarter
    Free Member

That does look good I’m regreting passing up some cheap mav forks a while back now 🙁

yodagoat
    Free Member

How do these bikes compare to a Pug price wise?

Mike
    Free Member

That looks awesome, anyone ridden one yet?

Woody
    Free Member

Kalahari will be around 500 euro, Atacama a bit less and the Gobi a bit more depending on individual spec.

trail_rat
    Free Member

3.74 lbs for a gobo – I’ll be weighing mine when it arrives when it gets here

Woody
    Free Member

Conrad at Sandman has emailed back (quickly once again) and has now seen this thread. It gave him “a bit of a fright” and he has asked me to let those who emailed and got no reply to email back (sales@sandmanbikes.com) and he will deal with it asap.

The problem appears to be that he has been travelling a lot recently with no interweb access, which combined with an over-zealous spam filter has meant that many enquiries have just disappeared. Apart from a week at Christmas he will now be home for the next 3-4 months.

He will also be getting the website and web-shopping facility up and running by January with online ordering options on frame size, colour, racks, bottle mounts etc.

Effective t/tube lengths on all models will be as follows :-
    S: 580mm
    M: 595
    L: 610
    XL: 625

smallfurry
    Free Member

I have written a couple E-mails to the Sandman bikes without reply. I also notice the website has yet to have been updated. Are Sandman no more…?

cynic-al
    Free Member

I think he posted up on one of the recent fat Bike threads.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

I enquired a while back and got a a quick response from Keon but it made its way into my Spam folder for some reason. Always had quick responses.

smallfurry
    Free Member

Sounds a bit more promising.

I have a short list of fatbike frames, all of which will run a 170mm (R)/135mm (F) hubwidth, non-offset, wheelset. So while the 2012 frames start becoming available, I could build a set of wheels to get things rollin. The sus fork on the Gobi requires a special hub though, and as I very much like the look (and location) of the Gobi. I’d really like to find out wether I can buy a frameset, before continuing.

Rickos
    Free Member

Did you use this e-mail?

sales@sandmanbikes.com

Marge
    Free Member

They are very much alive.
    They had their display & test bikes out yesterday at a cycle event in Oudenaarde…

smallfurry
    Free Member

Yep. Thats the one I used.

I can imagine the suspension fork being out of my budget (thinking of the Flame one that was displayed at a bikeshow somewhere). Plus, as I will use the bike as a snowbike say 60% of the time. Front sus is probably, more complication, cost, and weight, then I need. But as I already have a fully rigid, singlespeed 29er. I was thinking something as different as possible, to help justify the purchase. A 1×10 speed hardtail fatty, would be a nice addition.

http://forums.mtbr.com/fat-bikes/sandman-fat-suspension-fork-prototypes-681051.html

smallfurry
    Free Member

Quick post to say I had a both polite, and informative, reply yesterday. The webshop should be fully up and running soon apparantly 😀

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Did anyone ever get a reply from Sandman bikes?’ is closed to new replies.