Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Diamondback Mojito 29er steel fork AtoC?
  • Earl
    Free Member

Anybody know what it is?

Gonna get a carbon one from CC but wondering if I can get away with the shorter 445mm (instead of the 465mm 29er model) as i will only be riding it around pump track that is the Bristol AC Timberland trail.

andyl
    Free Member

I think it is between 470 and 475 as I think I have one here.

The on one carbon 29er is 470. Exotic is 465.

I would definitely go with the 29er version as it has a larger offset too which will make a huge difference. Not sure what the Exotic 29er offset is though from memory. Bit less than the on one I think. Did post them up the other week but it is on their site.

andyl
    Free Member

Ps you could always measure it 😆

Earl
    Free Member

Ps you could always measure it

Ha – true – but I don’t have it any more and my sus forks have just blown up.

Earl
    Free Member

The 465 and 445 forks both have 42mm rake. Looks like the on one 29er has 47mm and the race 29er has 38mm.
    The race fork is 450mm.

Choices… choices…

andyl
    Free Member

isnt the race fork a tapered steerer and designed for the newer frames?

Earl
    Free Member

yea tapered… but I was just noting how the new race forks have less offset than either the cc or the old oo 29er forks.

andyl
    Free Member

Its shorter though as it’s for a completely different frame to the 470mm forks designed for the scandal and inbred 29ers.

Earl
    Free Member

I see. So assuming the Motito is less racey and more trail like the scandal/inbred then 465/470mm is the way to go.

Thanks

andyl
    Free Member

I think so. That is assuming the A-C is 470ish which I think it is. I am sure I have a Mojito fork sitting here.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Diamondback Mojito 29er steel fork AtoC?’ is closed to new replies.