Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Diablo v Joystick
  • plop_pants
    Free Member

With a fairly small difference in price is it worth getting the new Diablo over the latest Joystick? The one hour burn time on high for the Diablo isn’t much use to me but is the medium 3hr setting much brighter than the Joystick Maxx 3hr setting? If so then it might still be worth the extra.

stevio

got a mk5 Joystick – 3* diablo burn time and never felt underlit even on the medium setting, so i would think the mk6 will be brighter for longer

iainc

I looked at this last yr and went for the Mk5 Joystick over the Diablo for similar reasons to yours. The diablo is ‘only 25g heavier’, but I definately was more aware of it when I tried one. even with the Joystick on, I feel it on bumpy sections. Have been using Joystick on lid and Hope 4 on bars but today received new Mk 4 Maxx D 😆

neninja
    Free Member

I’d go for a Diablo – a couple of mates have them and they are very bright. The Diablo on medium will be significantly brighter than the Joystick on high.

Also you can get the additional battery pack if you need extended playtime.

oxnop
    Free Member

I have both. Diablo is way brighter.

Just bought the single cell battery add-on for the diablo which I think it takes the run time on full to 2.5 hours.

iainc

oxnop – how you find it with the light unit and battery on your lid ? I found the light alone a touch weighty..

valleydaddy
    Free Member

I upgraded from a joystick to a diablo and run it on med as above and agree it’s loads better. brighter and better when used in-conjunction with a brighter handlebar light such as a Maxx-D, as not such a difference in brightness when looking to the side than the front if you catch my drift.

Plus the Diablo is bright enough as a stand alone light for short blasts on high and as a get home light if your main light fails

oxnop
    Free Member

oxnop – how you find it with the light unit and battery on your lid ? I found the light alone a touch weighty..

Dunno, only bought the battery a few hrs ago. I can’t imagine it makes much difference though.

Only used the diablo once on the lid and I couldn’t really tell it was there. Also bought the missus a White eye add on to take her joystick to 480L.

michaelmcc
    Free Member

Depends how long a burn time you want I suppose! If its just for shortish blasts and not racing then I’d go for Diablo.

bigdan6
    Free Member

I find I can run the Diablo quite happily for 3 hours and I switch to ‘high’ mode for the downhill sections, switch to medium for flat sections and use low for roads/Tarmac climbs.

Simples

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Diablo v Joystick’ is closed to new replies.