• This topic has 270 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 271 total)
  • Detectorists PSA
  • bikebouy
    Free Member

Utterly beautiful.

What a cast, fabulous storylines and a showcase for purity in spirit.

😀

binners

Just Sublime! Loved the Pacific flag raising reference

Mrs Binners walked down the aisle to the Johnny Flynn theme tune in June (to officially become Mrs Binners) because it’s just so utterly bloody lovely. Think it’s our favourite programme ever 🙂

stever
    Free Member

Just perfect.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

“Fragile” on the box Lance was carrying..
    Perfect.

midlifecrashes

Pacific flag raising? Did I miss a bit, the whole scene was Witness, even the music.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BL_X7GelX5Q[/video]

kelvin

Good spot.

ourmaninthenorth

Loved it. Not as much as the perfectly formed first two series, but still wonderful all the same.

Thanks to the cast and crew for making it.

DVD will be going on pre-order.

oldtennisshoes

Good spot.

+1

dogmatix

Can’t believe its the last one. Anyone know where Mr Crook lives? I want to picket his house. Genuinely bereft!

sweepy
    Free Member

Aye fair dues they pulled it out of the bag at the end there.

Watching it, it felt like the final episode of a Programme… I didn’t know until googling it was actually the end. I’m sad, very very sad.

If someone could win euromillions on friday and keep it going, that would be great, thanks.

bikebouy
    Free Member

He lives in Suffolk.
    And that yellow TR7 is his..

gastromonkey
    Free Member

I have enjoyed every second of it. But I’m glad they have finished the story with enough to go back to for a special episode if they ever wanted to. It’s better than the current trend to keep a series going because it’s popular, not because it is still brilliant.

forzafkawi
    Free Member

One of the best episodes for ages. It could have gone on for hours as far as I was concerned. The spear point at the start was brilliant!

Christmas Special on Dec 17th but I think it’s just the 2015 repeat.

I’ve got every one of these episodes recorded but I’m sill going to buy the box set. Maybe if they sell enough, Mackenzie will be persuaded to make another series.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

An ending.

No need to see any more. We can all imagine our own version of what happens next.

Here’s to the endless summer that was Detectorists.

fasthaggis

No need to see any more. We can all imagine our own version of what happens next.

Aye indeed,a very nice way to finish.
    Mr Crook should do a cycle club next
    🙂

spacey

Agree with Binners, my absolute favourite tv ever. I could watch it forever. Seriously considering a trip to Suffolk to visit some of the locations.

chip
    Free Member

“We’re going to prison” quickly changed to “ you’re going to prison”.

jj55

Perfect ending – probably going to be the only programme that I’ll buy the box set and watch again.

Trampoline

muggomagic

It’s just the most adorable show. I almost got a bit emotional when they welcomed Simon and Garfunkel into the DMDC

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

The proposal was sublime.

letmetalktomark

Indeed the most excellent of TV.

Beautiful is the perfect word.

Thank you to STW for originally flagging this 8)

2tyred

Just brilliant.

The resurrection of the Sheila’s horrible lemonade joke was great.

Pook

The resurrection of the Sheila’s horrible lemonade joke was great.

shame they didn’t show Phil’s reaction though!

simondbarnes

shame they didn’t show Phil’s reaction though!

Well it made him fall off the ladder!

Pook

damn i missed that

forzafkawi
    Free Member

I have watched this beautiful show from the very first broadcast of the first series. I can’t claim any great insight to how good it was going to be. I hardly knew Mackenzie Crook as I never got into The Office and thought Pirates of the Carribean was childish nonsense after suffering the first film.

Toby Jones is one of my favourite actors though which is what piqued my interest into why he would appear in such a strange (on paper) plotline. It was obvious though from the first few minutes of Epiosde 1 that this was going to be something special.

Lance: Anythin’?

Andy: ****-all. Three shotgun caps and a Blakey

Andy: What you got?

Lance: Ring-pull, ’83, Tizer.

Andy: What d’you do wth ’em?

Lance: Bag ’em up, stick ’em on eBay. People buy this shit.

Andy: Sad tits.

Lance: You said it.

Cue theme tune. Sublime.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Knighthood for Mackenzie Crooke.

Best telly of the year.

stever
    Free Member

Pub?

mickyfinn
    Free Member

Utterly wonderful TV. What’s really sad is that shows of this quality are now a niche. The majority of the people I work with don’t get it or find it slow and unfunny. It’s quite sad but makes me thankful we have people who will still write and fund shows of this quality.

DezB
    Free Member

The majority of the people I work with don’t get it or find it slow and unfunny

Hmm… maybe that’s why they added the naff, “standard” comedy to the previous 2 episodes, to make it more popular..? Never mind now, it redeemed itself with the last one. Hope it doesn’t come back, ending on a high is bestest.

nickc

This and the Royle Family, could only be made in England.

DezB
    Free Member

Won’t stop the Yanks trying to remake it.. see The Inbetweeners 😉

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Won’t stop the Yanks trying to remake it.. see The Inbetweeners 😉

Or The Office..

binners

Can I just ask, have you all watched Early Doors? Another firm favourite of a show where absolutely nothing happens. Just people sat in the pub, but the dialogue is so beautifully written, the acting so good, the characters so likeable and well developed, and the humour so gentle, its just wonderful to watch

I might have to revisit it again soon

jonnyrobertson

My favourite TV programme ever, ever, ever. This series may not have hit the soaring heights of the previous two but I guess that’s what comes with tying everything up. As close to perfection for me as I’ve found in a TV programme. Proper feel good telly. Makes me want to buy a Minelab Quattro MP off Gumtree and join the DMDC. I’ll second Binners’ suggestion of Early Doors for those who haven’t seen it.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Can I just ask, have you all watched Early Doors?

Embarrassingly I only found out about this about a year ago.
    Bought the box set.
    Loved it.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Couldn’t record the last one,is it going to be showing again soon.I was hoping the Christmas specials were new material.Very miffed to miss the finale.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

iPlayer

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 271 total)

The topic ‘Detectorists PSA’ is closed to new replies.