• This topic has 270 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 271 total)
  • Detectorists PSA
  • mickyfinn
    Free Member

The ‘face-off’ towards the end was priceless 🙂

Still no Sophie though

It’s ok she was in Peaky Blinders beforehand 🙂
    Best hour and a half of TV of the week.

rhinofive

I fully intend to follow any mention of ‘fish & chips’ with a sneaky Elvis impression from now on, Lance’s “I thank you” at the end was sublime

rhinofive

my duplicate post has left the building……

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Simon & Garfunkal are going to find the loot right? 🙁

Pook

Simon & Garfunkal are going to find the loot right?

I don’t think so. Ref: episode 1 and the no entry tape
    Andy: “I could probably get under that”

muggomagic

Bloody love this show. Lance with the hypnotist was gold and the fish n chips/elvis bit after.
    S & G and the stand off at the end and the little bit where he said about the fish eating his sick were brilliant. Basically everything about it is brilliant.
    The only thing that could make me like Mackenzie Crook more would be to see him make a comeback as Gareth Keenan.

wallop

Oooh Dr Hoffman – wasn’t she the girl in Line of Duty that all you lot got excited about last year?

wallop

Oh god, I’m actually laughing out loud on the train. 😳

forzafkawi
    Free Member

A bit meh this week I thought and seemed to lose its way a bit. Too many frustrating plotlines and tension between Lance and Andy, not the usual banter.

I’ve got a feeling this is laying the seeds of ending the whole thing by Mackenzie Crook.

kimbers

I thought last night’s was great, Linda lusardi was the perfect call for someone with a yellow tr7 & the magpie was predictable but most amusing

spacey

Feel like it was a bit of a turning point for the series, time to get the plot shifting a little. It was still wonderful though. The dream was fabulous, Linda out in the fields with Lance and the look on his face when he woke. The car chase was great too and I loved the house viewing with the voice activated light switches.

This is the last series we have to treasure it!

forzafkawi
    Free Member

I thought I remember reading after the last series that Andy and Becky were supposed to be going to Africa? Maybe that’s how it’s going to end with them going off and leaving Lance.

sweepy
    Free Member

I don’t think you’ve been paying attention 🙂

forzafkawi
    Free Member

I don’t think you’ve been paying attention

Obviously not, have they returned from there then? I must have missed that bit! 🙁

sweepy
    Free Member

Left after s2, Andy back for a visit xmas special, back proper before s3 start and living with whispering Bex mum.
    Thats how I remember it. Have to agree tho that this last season is not the same, I’m enjoying it but I wish they hadn’t done it, it was pretty much perfect as it was.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Best car chase ever!

🙂

rOcKeTdOg

Linda lusardi dream sequence! 😆

binners

forzafkawi
    Free Member

Left after s2, Andy back for a visit xmas special, back proper before s3 start and living with whispering Bex mum.
    Thats how I remember it. Have to agree tho that this last season is not the same, I’m enjoying it but I wish they hadn’t done it, it was pretty much perfect as it was.

Oh yeah! I forgot about the Christmas special. I should have watched S2 and the special in preparation for the new series. 😆

Linda Lusardi looks fit though!

fasthaggis

Best slow car chase ever!

😉

Will someone please send Mackenzie Crook some pies,he may well fade away before the end of the series.

DezB
    Free Member

Come on chaps, that one was an absolute let down! Like it was written by someone else… one of those stupid ITV sitcom writers. The ex? The magpie? The backfire? Gutted.

kelvin

Sorry, loved this episode as well… first half of it had me laughing out loud.

simondbarnes

Sorry, loved this episode as well… first half of it had me laughing out loud.

Me too 🙂

rene59
    Free Member

I can only assume that one of the STW trendmakers decided this tv series was the best, and everyone else jumped on board too scared to disagree for fear of being outed as not STW cool or something.

It’s a half decent show but by christ the way you lot go on about it makes me bring up a little bit of sick.

slowoldman

I can’t believe Lance would go out in the TR7 with it sounding like that. He would fix it. Oh and I can’t believe Linda Lusardi looks exactly as I remember her.

DezB
    Free Member

Oh and I can’t believe Linda Lusardi looks exactly as I remember her.
    Except for 2 things eh?

It’s a half decent show but by christ the way you lot go on about it makes me bring up a little bit of sick

😆 Brilliant

timmys

Another good one last night. I particularly liked the scene with Andy confessing to Becky’s Mum.

Rather a large plot flaw with the whole ‘impossible to trap a magpie’ thing though, seeing as they are quite literally the easiest thing out there to live trap. Someone needs to tell Lance abut a larsen trap pronto.

kelvin

Another good one last night. I particularly liked the scene with Andy confessing to Becky’s Mum.

The one scene that felt very real in this episode.

Rather a large plot flaw with the whole ‘impossible to trap a magpie’ thing though, seeing as they are quite literally the easiest thing out there to live trap. Someone needs to tell Lance abut a larsen trap pronto.

I don’t think either character is supposed to be a bird expert.

= ;87)

sweepy
    Free Member

I wondered about that new thing where they hold their detectors up in the air before starting, then I saw the gold hidden in the tree. I wonder?

kelvin

Damn you! Stop thinking ahead!

= :87o

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Ker Plunk.

richmars

Ker Plunk.

Played incorrectly. They didn’t rotate it after each turn.

jonnyboi

made a start on The Detectorists via Netflix this week

I can’t find it on netflix at all!?

Edit: I’m a fool

bikebouy
    Free Member

It was an interesting episode this one, a couple of plot lines are diverging and it’s making me wonder how the remaining episodes pan out.
    Interesting to see Lances Daughter catch Mags at her nasty little scheme, lollipop 😆
    And good to see two mates camping and the images from outside the tent were hilarious, just like old cartoons..

Still clever, and witty.

spacey

So glad it was a Force Ten they chose for the tent, perfect. Loved the cycling proficiency badges too. The little details are just superb.

Onzadog
    Free Member

“Maggs!” Ooft.

blueflamespecial
    Free Member

After a couple of weeks of Netflix/iplayer binging, I’ve finally caught up.

I really enjoy this show. The BBC has a knack for commissioning/picking up little gems and this is certainly one of them.

Didn’t think last nights episode was the best mind and I do wish they would at least name check Sophie instead of just acting like she’s never been there. Seems odd.

Quick question though – do we know who the ‘fourth’ was during the night time stakeout/bust (with Peter and the plane) from last series??

Also, what a brucie bonus having League of Gentlemen on straight after!

The one with Benjamin and the toad incident last night – classic!

muggomagic

The cycle proficiency badge/lance Armstrong gag had me laughing. Clever stuff like the steam of lances piss the kerplunk thing and the girl who never speaks being told to stop going on. Love it.

forzafkawi
    Free Member

I thought it was going downhill a bit with Lance turning from an interesting nurd to an ordinary tosser with woman trouble. Then the confrontation between Kate and Maggie turned it all around.

“You know, there isn’t a single charity shop that doesn’t have a Kerplunk”

Back on track! 😀

fasthaggis

Also, what a brucie bonus having League of Gentlemen on straight after!

The one with Benjamin and the toad incident last night – classic!

2true,it’s great watching them again.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 271 total)

The topic ‘Detectorists PSA’ is closed to new replies.