• This topic has 270 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 271 total)
  • Detectorists PSA
  • flashinthepan
    Free Member

[/quote]Sounds utterly daft but the detectorists is just as effective at calming my mind as 15mins of Transcendental Meditation, an utterly sublime programme

Not daft, agree totally

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

^+1

Beyond (great) expectations!.

When he hesitantly made to blow the whistle I thought for a split second – ‘M.R James tribute? Nah’…. But Mrs MR looked at me at the same time, obviously thinking the same (‘Whistle and I’ll Come To You’ is a family favourite antiquarian/ghost-story/film). We both looked back at the TV and there it was. We high-fived and we felt cheesy. But also not.

Just a great and perfect reference with more respect than humour and just the right amount of both. This is the best TV series IMO. Perfect.

Klunk
    Free Member

Sublime.

“I haven’t even got a shed” 😆

Onzadog
    Free Member

flashinthepan – Member
    It just quietly pokes you in the ribs. Lovely.

Anyone else here suffer with that cheese OCD thing

Yes, but the difference is, I eat the off-cut. Throwing it away is madness.

wombat

Loved the line about the two coins being in a straight line, properly laughed at that.

Detectorists is definitely the quickest passing half hour of the week, for the best possible reasons.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Yes, the straight line gag tickled me as well.

DezB
    Free Member

I wanted to go to bed early, but it just kept me there, comfortable, chilled and smiling…. then League of Gentlemen came on and kept me up even longer!

forzafkawi
    Free Member

The cheese was brilliant. As soon as he looked at the corner cut off the block, you just knew…

And the pop at Health & Safety. This isn’t comedy trying to be funny. It’s just life showing how absurd we all are.

spacey

quickest passing half hour of the week, for the best possible reasons.

Totally agree, when the credit came up I thought – why have they only done 10 mins. It flew by, utterly wonderful.

The potential hallucinations!

timmys

‘kin hell, how did I miss this!

*happy place*

forzafkawi
    Free Member

Just watched it again! 😀

“Is there a Nobel prize for great comedy?” – There should be.

Terrydactyl

To me it’s very funny but also a spiritual awakening, you know, nature and stuff we don’t really talk about these days as we go in search of another dollar!

wallop

Joyful.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

“I haven’t even got a shed”

“Terry’s got two sheds.”
    “You can have one.”

Most excellent.

TheWrongTrousers

You know, I actually used to think this was a documentary about metal detectorists and gave it a very wide swerve. And now I’m hooked.
    Love it, thank you very much

rOcKeTdOg

Thanks to this thread I’ve just binge watched series 1, 2 and the christmas special. Great stuff

Chuckling to my self that simon & garfunkels real names were Peters & Lee 😛

Pook

No Sophie?

kayla1
    Free Member

Sophie moved home for a bit at the end of the last series, do pay attention Bond.

But, yes, that was smashing!

rOcKeTdOg

I can’t watch Becky without having tipping the velvet flashbacks though

timmys

You seem to be saying that’s a bad thing 😯

Harry_the_Spider

I miss Sophie. 😥

Other than that it was as good as ever.

pk13

finally got the wife to sit down and watch it actually watching not just be in the same room as its on.
    loved every second

forzafkawi
    Free Member

Bit late I know but just a heads-up that the second episode of the third series is on BBC4 tonight at 22:00

bikebouy
    Free Member

Ha!

“I’ll buy you fish and chips” clips collar..

Brilliant..

chip
    Free Member

I can’t remember how old I was when I last did itchy chin.

maxtorque

This^^^ i’m going to try to get Itchy Chin into my work meetings and see who notices! 😉

kelvin

Ace.

parkesie
    Free Member

Metal detector app 🙂

simondbarnes

Still the best thing on telly

martinhutch

I had no idea that Rachael Stirling is actually Diana Rigg’s daughter in real life!

philmccrackin
    Free Member

made a start on The Detectorists via Netflix this week, must admit i was struggling to appreciate what you all see in it at first but towards the end of the first series it has really come into its own, the open day episode was really funny.

looking forward to cracking on with series 2 and 3 now…

rOcKeTdOg

I had no idea that Rachael Stirling is actually Diana Rigg’s daughter in real life!

And shes married to Guy Garvey

Watty

Best half hour of the television week. Did anyone else notice the cock up on the voice-over going in to last night’s episode? ‘Series 2 of The Detectorists’.

DezB
    Free Member

i’m going to try to get Itchy Chin

We used to say “Jimmy Hill” or “chinny reckon”… what was Garfunkle calling it?! Jimmy something!

spacey

Jimmy Waffle on

We called it Jimmy Hill too, think that was a Mary Whitehouse Experience thing, was in my world anyway.

spacey

So many lovely touches last night. I loved the WD40 of the door hinge and that Linda Lusardi had been turned over by the daughter. Berlinda Carlisle was a fantastic scene.

spacey

So here’s to you…..

Mrs Robinson!

DezB
    Free Member

Jimmy Waffle on

That was it 😆

We called it Jimmy Hill too, think that was a Mary Whitehouse Experience thing, was in my world anyway.

Gawd no, it was years before that. I think they (The MWE) dredged it from their childhoods.

geoffj

Good to see Simon & Garfunkle back.
    Still no Sophie though 🙁

forzafkawi
    Free Member

Watty – Member

Best half hour of the television week. Did anyone else notice the cock up on the voice-over going in to last night’s episode? ‘Series 2 of The Detectorists’.

Yeah, I noticed it. Maybe she got confused around the second episode (of the third series) and second series.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 271 total)

The topic ‘Detectorists PSA’ is closed to new replies.