Detectorists PSA

Home Forum Chat Forum Detectorists PSA

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 271 total)
  • Detectorists PSA
  • Premier Icon flashinthepan
    Subscriber

[/quote]Sounds utterly daft but the detectorists is just as effective at calming my mind as 15mins of Transcendental Meditation, an utterly sublime programme

Not daft, agree totally

^+1

Beyond (great) expectations!.

When he hesitantly made to blow the whistle I thought for a split second – ‘M.R James tribute? Nah’…. But Mrs MR looked at me at the same time, obviously thinking the same (‘Whistle and I’ll Come To You’ is a family favourite antiquarian/ghost-story/film). We both looked back at the TV and there it was. We high-fived and we felt cheesy. But also not.

Just a great and perfect reference with more respect than humour and just the right amount of both. This is the best TV series IMO. Perfect.

Klunk

Sublime.

“I haven’t even got a shed” 😆

Premier Icon Onzadog
    Subscriber

flashinthepan – Member
    It just quietly pokes you in the ribs. Lovely.

Anyone else here suffer with that cheese OCD thing

Yes, but the difference is, I eat the off-cut. Throwing it away is madness.

wombat

Loved the line about the two coins being in a straight line, properly laughed at that.

Detectorists is definitely the quickest passing half hour of the week, for the best possible reasons.

Premier Icon Onzadog
    Subscriber

Yes, the straight line gag tickled me as well.

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

I wanted to go to bed early, but it just kept me there, comfortable, chilled and smiling…. then League of Gentlemen came on and kept me up even longer!

forzafkawi

The cheese was brilliant. As soon as he looked at the corner cut off the block, you just knew…

And the pop at Health & Safety. This isn’t comedy trying to be funny. It’s just life showing how absurd we all are.

Premier Icon spacey
    Subscriber

quickest passing half hour of the week, for the best possible reasons.

Totally agree, when the credit came up I thought – why have they only done 10 mins. It flew by, utterly wonderful.

The potential hallucinations!

Premier Icon timmys
    Subscriber

‘kin hell, how did I miss this!

*happy place*

forzafkawi

Just watched it again! 😀

“Is there a Nobel prize for great comedy?” – There should be.

Premier Icon Terrydactyl
    Subscriber

To me it’s very funny but also a spiritual awakening, you know, nature and stuff we don’t really talk about these days as we go in search of another dollar!

Premier Icon wallop
    Subscriber
    mrmonkfinger

“I haven’t even got a shed”

“Terry’s got two sheds.”
    “You can have one.”

Most excellent.

Premier Icon The Wrong Trousers
    Subscriber

You know, I actually used to think this was a documentary about metal detectorists and gave it a very wide swerve. And now I’m hooked.
    Love it, thank you very much

Premier Icon rOcKeTdOg
    Subscriber

Thanks to this thread I’ve just binge watched series 1, 2 and the christmas special. Great stuff

Chuckling to my self that simon & garfunkels real names were Peters & Lee 😛

Premier Icon Pook
    Subscriber

No Sophie?

Premier Icon kayla1
    Subscriber

Sophie moved home for a bit at the end of the last series, do pay attention Bond.

But, yes, that was smashing!

Premier Icon rOcKeTdOg
    Subscriber

I can’t watch Becky without having tipping the velvet flashbacks though

Premier Icon timmys
    Subscriber

You seem to be saying that’s a bad thing 😯

Premier Icon Harry_the_Spider
    Subscriber

I miss Sophie. 😥

Other than that it was as good as ever.

pk13

finally got the wife to sit down and watch it actually watching not just be in the same room as its on.
    loved every second

forzafkawi

Bit late I know but just a heads-up that the second episode of the third series is on BBC4 tonight at 22:00

bikebouy

Ha!

“I’ll buy you fish and chips” clips collar..

Brilliant..

chip

I can’t remember how old I was when I last did itchy chin.

maxtorque

This^^^ i’m going to try to get Itchy Chin into my work meetings and see who notices! 😉

Premier Icon kelvin
    Subscriber
    Premier Icon parkesie
    Subscriber

Metal detector app 🙂

simondbarnes

Still the best thing on telly

Premier Icon martinhutch
    Subscriber

I had no idea that Rachael Stirling is actually Diana Rigg’s daughter in real life!

made a start on The Detectorists via Netflix this week, must admit i was struggling to appreciate what you all see in it at first but towards the end of the first series it has really come into its own, the open day episode was really funny.

looking forward to cracking on with series 2 and 3 now…

Premier Icon rOcKeTdOg
    Subscriber

I had no idea that Rachael Stirling is actually Diana Rigg’s daughter in real life!

And shes married to Guy Garvey

Watty

Best half hour of the television week. Did anyone else notice the cock up on the voice-over going in to last night’s episode? ‘Series 2 of The Detectorists’.

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

i’m going to try to get Itchy Chin

We used to say “Jimmy Hill” or “chinny reckon”… what was Garfunkle calling it?! Jimmy something!

Premier Icon spacey
    Subscriber

Jimmy Waffle on

We called it Jimmy Hill too, think that was a Mary Whitehouse Experience thing, was in my world anyway.

Premier Icon spacey
    Subscriber

So many lovely touches last night. I loved the WD40 of the door hinge and that Linda Lusardi had been turned over by the daughter. Berlinda Carlisle was a fantastic scene.

Premier Icon spacey
    Subscriber

So here’s to you…..

Mrs Robinson!

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

Jimmy Waffle on

That was it 😆

We called it Jimmy Hill too, think that was a Mary Whitehouse Experience thing, was in my world anyway.

Gawd no, it was years before that. I think they (The MWE) dredged it from their childhoods.

Premier Icon geoffj
    Subscriber

Good to see Simon & Garfunkle back.
    Still no Sophie though 🙁

forzafkawi

Watty – Member

Best half hour of the television week. Did anyone else notice the cock up on the voice-over going in to last night’s episode? ‘Series 2 of The Detectorists’.

Yeah, I noticed it. Maybe she got confused around the second episode (of the third series) and second series.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 271 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.