Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Depreciation on frame and forks….
  • tiss
    Free Member

Tempted to sell my Singular,but as it's only a month old,hmmmmm.What's a sensible depreciation on goods?

thomthumb
    Free Member

50% instant. gotta remember there is no warranty- pretty important in mtb.

my 18 month old full suss (£950 new) is prob worth £350! not worth selling it.

psychle
    Free Member

Personally I'd have thought around 25% or so on a new frame (if it's 'as new')?

br
    Free Member

worse case 50%, best case +50%

cynic-al
    Free Member

Wow. Indecisive?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I would say its worth about 60% of new value if it is immaculate

Kahurangi

Depending on the buyer, you might get 60%-80% from something in used but VVGC, i.e. fitting marks only. depends on sale prices available at the time, and the buyer's savviness to these prices.

Singular's probably don't need a 'sale' though 😀

jackal
    Free Member

Depends if it's a sought after item or not, but usual stuff if it's 'as new' then as TJ said around 60% max i'd of thought.
    People generally tend to think their second hand mtb stuff is worth more than it actually is!

😀

vinnyeh

I think this 50-60% business is bs. It depends hugely on the frame. Secondhand, nearly new On-ones, Ragleys, Cotics etc fetch at least 2/3 of new price. If it's a Singular, depending on what stock they've got at the moment, then 25-30% depreciation.
    Don't forget that though it might not have a warranty, with a company like that they're not going to hang you out to dry if you bought it secondhand- before putting it up for sale, give Sam a call, see what he might offer in the event of a new buyer having trouble, and put that in the ad.

Edric64
    Free Member

I wouldn't pay more than half price for used kit because of the warranty guarantee problem and you never know if it's had a large hit even if it looks perfect

fontmoss
    Free Member

with a company like that they're not going to hang you out to dry if you bought it secondhand- before putting it up for sale, give Sam a call, see what he might offer in the event of a new buyer having trouble, and put that in the ad.

really? seems like he and others like him would give themselves an awfully large headache by doing so

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Depreciation on frame and forks….’ is closed to new replies.